Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Elderly people in supermarkets

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You ever see a house in the middle of a very hot summer day with Christmas lights still posted all over but not plugged in to the electrical because the residents are too lazy to take them down?
Yes, seen many and it’s usually on houses with very untidy gardens.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
A sure-fire way to deal with this problem would be to introduce a ‘pick it up, you buy it’ rule. For some reason, elderly people seem to want to pick up and examine every single item, before putting back 90% of them, which is a total waste of everyone’s time.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Best to drive off 🤣 if the house stinks of cat piss I’m out of there. I once witnessed dog shite left on the hall carpet, minging some people.
A dog started humping SIMMOSAYS when he was laying under a boiler once, the house was a hellhole

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Quite something I witnessed at Hove Waitrose: amidst the carnage of huge queues at every till, stewarding of the rammed car parks, empty shelves etc etc, the lady at the checkout next to mine had about five things in her trolley. Then she stopped putting them on the belt, paused for thought, and went walkies. To return 3-4 minutes later with ONE indeterminate root vegetable which she eventually placed the on the conveyor belt. Then, dear reader, she paused again. And then went walkies again.

Just for context: every other till had two or three people waiting, the scene and the queues amounting to something not unlike the concrete underbelly of the Stade Velodrome when the buses finally showed up. By the time I’d paid and left she had still not returned. Maybe she’s still there, looking at the vegetables.

Full kudos to the young chap waiting patiently to serve her; I might have suggested where she could elect to stick that root vegetable.
Similar thing happening was quite common when I worked in a convenience store 30 years ago. In fact some people seemed allergic to baskets and would put a couple of items on the counter then let you start ringing them up before continuing their shopping.

When I became a supervisor I just used to cancel the items on the till, put it in a basket and make them join the queue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here