Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He had a great 15 minute spell in the second half, other than that I did not think it was his greatest game BUT he was up against a very good striker in Giroud.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I thought this was one of his poorer performances, but what an impressive team performance against one of the top 5/4 teams in the country. I for one am very proud

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Some fantastic tackles by Adam today, but a few very poor passes. Thought he looked better with Calde in the middle.

I thought Adam played ok - not fantastic but he was up against some real top class players. I also think Calderon deserves special praise. He had a a good game as a fill in CB.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I never join in on these slating player threads as I don't entirely agree with them, but in this case I will comment.......does the OP not realise every Brighton player gave his f***ing all today, each and every f***ing one of them!! now nit pic if you must, but spare a thought for the way they worked very hard as a team and I for one am VERY PROUD to be a BrIghton & Hove Albion Supporter ................

Definitely this

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What the f*** are you on about?

well , what i meant was, there was very little to moan about from that game , we played well and gave an in-form arsenal team a run for their money.........i didn't really see adam as a weak link today , we should be enjoying the occaision and enjoying having teams like arsenal at the amex...........sometimes the moaners really ought to just bite their lip......imho

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
El Abd was excellent today. People need to give this player slating a f***ing rest.

This. He was miles better than anything Arsenal had in defence. Very big job for him with GG coming off and being part of a make shift back four, he was outstanding.

D

Deleted User X18H

He was in the Exchange in Hove last night, with someone who used to be Tommy Fraser.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wait a second: it's not SLATING a player to say he didn't perform at his best, is it?

I think it's entirely reasonable for someone, lets say me, to opine that I didn't think he was on top form yesterday. It's not like I'm calling him a useless idiot, is it?

I entirely reserve the right to judge a player's performance based on what I've seen. Judging by the bemused "oh" that went around the stadium when El Abd was announced as MoM, I suspect plenty more were expecting the award to have gone elsewhere- Ulloa, Bridcutt, Barnes or Hammond at the very least.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The MOM award might have been stretching the point, but he did have a good game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here