Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Some fantastic tackles by Adam today, but a few very poor passes. Thought he looked better with Calde in the middle.

AEA had a good game today. He should have been tighter for the second goal. If you think his passing is bad now you should have been at The Withdean in his early days - the lad has come on massively. Get off his back.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I never join in on these slating player threads as I don't entirely agree with them, but in this case I will comment.......does the OP not realise every Brighton player gave his f***ing all today, each and every f***ing one of them!! now nit pic if you must, but spare a thought for the way they worked very hard as a team and I for one am VERY PROUD to be a BrIghton & Hove Albion Supporter ................

:bowdown: :clap2: :bowdown:

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I just had a nose at the Arsenal forums and 2 of the posts were raving about El Ebd saying he was class and head and shoulders above their team, so I errr think that answers how I feel about it.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Think El Abd was excellent today his challenge set up our attack for 2nd goal. Had to play most the game with Calde , not a Natural centre back , beside him

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Thank You :thumbsup:

I just felt today, even though we lost, and by f*** I was so hoping we won today as I hate everything Arsenal and their manager, that the team effort was special, they gave everything they had against a top premier league side, it's been a while since I saw and sort of felt the amazing effort the team gave, yes of course it's possible to go through the team and give them your own personal scores out of 10 etc, but I was just so proud to be a Brighton fan today :thumbsup:

Oh and the new kid is a bit of ok as well ain't he!! :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thank You :thumbsup:

I just felt today, even though we lost, and by f*** I was so hoping we won today as I hate everything Arsenal and their manager, that the team effort was special, they gave everything they had against a top premier league side, it's been a while since I saw and sort of felt the amazing effort the team gave, yes of course it's possible to go through the team and give them your own personal scores out of 10 etc, but I was just so proud to be a Brighton fan today :thumbsup:

Oh and the new kid is a bit of ok as well ain't he!! :)

Team effort sums it up

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He is definitely not as quick as Walcott.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I like Adam El Abd and believe that he has been good for us but today I culdmnt for the life of me see how he was made MOM because i thought that he showed that he would struggle in the Premier Division. The big plus is that he stopped the man he was making from getting a hat trick and restricted him to just 2 goals.

D

Deleted member 2719

I just had a nose at the Arsenal forums and 2 of the posts were raving about El Ebd saying he was class and head and shoulders above their team, so I errr think that answers how I feel about it.

Not sure if he was class above them but i thought he had a good performance and i believe he is our best centre back.
Calderon had a fantastic game and was his playing with passion and positivity as he always does.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
AEA had a lot to deal with today and he performed admirably. I thought before that he would not be able to live with the arse's strikers and may well get himself sent off but I was wrong. OK, so he didn't get everything right but I reckon he stopped at least two certain goals. Him or Barnes MOM for me.

northampton_seagull

Jun 17, 2008
Northampton
Thought he was top draw today! Thought wankaggren was at fault for the 3rd but he still made some top draw safes!

I think the whole team played an absolutely fantastic game today. It's annoying reading things on here where the same players get blamed for a game lost.
Ankergren made some mistakes. Several times he should have come and collected, but did not. At full stretch he got a hand to the ball for the first goal despite it curving around Greet and into the top corner.

In my opinion this board tonight should be full of threads stating how well everyone in the team played. I just hope that they are all as proud as the majority of the fans and supporters are.

You did Brighton, if not Sussex, proud.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
I really dislike people slating players. El Abd is a decent championship defender but he struggles against quality premiership strikers. Struggles big time with Carroll last year, struggled against ameobi and struggled with Giroud today. He lacks a bit of pace and relies on his strength a bit too often. Does have some quality games though and can be brilliant but if we got promoted, I'm not sure he'd be good enough

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seriously, were you there? He was at fault for the final goal but that was it. Sure, he ain't premiship class, but he was excellent for 90% today. I bet Arsene Wenger wishes he could get that from his players.

Exactly how was AEA at fault for the final goal? Poor decision by Casper to come 12 yrds for a corner that he then failed to punch clear. Ball came back from Walcott straight away and may have deflected of AEA (I haven't seen the goal on the tv yet but that's what I have heard) passed CMS.

He is definitely not as quick as Walcott.

On that criteria, do you think KLL should be our centre back!!!!!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I really dislike people slating players. El Abd is a decent championship defender but he struggles against quality premiership strikers. Struggles big time with Carroll last year, struggled against ameobi and struggled with Giroud today. He lacks a bit of pace and relies on his strength a bit too often. Does have some quality games though and can be brilliant but if we got promoted, I'm not sure he'd be good enough
He's hardly experienced against Prem strikers though, is he? Giroud is a top notch striker, but Adam bottledup Ameobi this year and Carroll last year, so what's your point?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
El Abd was excellent today. People need to give this player slating a f***ing rest.
Agree with this...why...just why have fans have to look for a fall guy....ALL players make a misjudgement at sometime during a game...great result today for me,Gooner season ticket holder near me reckoned we were nowhere near disgraced and he felt Arsenal were lucky on the day to win. I would'nt have wanted a replay when we have to concetrate on getting into the play offs...it could've been worse....Norwich for example.....onward and upward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here