El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
what I dont understand is that there are better right backs at the club than him, there are better centre backs at the club than him and there are better central midfielders at the club than him, yet we still seem to be worse off without him.

I dont think he should start as he always makes stupid mistakes, but we seem to play better with him in the team.

From what I understand he is already on £100k a year so he must be one of the higher earners before his contract improvement negotiations

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
From what I understand he is already on £100k a year so he must be one of the higher earners before his contract improvement negotiations

:eek: :eek: :eek:

when did he sign his current contract?!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So who went to the press and who was quoted, I thought it was the club not the player. DK did make specific remarks about players contribution, which would be seen within the playing camp as 'busy'.

You seem to have this bizaare obsession that I portray my opinions as 'on-message' and it irks you ................ however your own assumptions and opinions are just that.

So who was quoted in the press again ??

:thud:

You're priceless, you are. Absolutely priceless.

YOU were the one who said that the negotiations should be kept out of the press. I reminded you - because it seemed apparent that you need reiminding - that they have been kept out of the press.

Now you're saying that because Dick Knight has been to the press, the implication is that he has let negotiations become public. He has made no statement about the player (aside from the admiration of his abilities - something you don't want to hear him say - and his desire for him to sign), nothing about the agent and nothing about the terms on the table - aside from it being a two-year deal.

So what part of the negotiations that ought to be confidential are now public?

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
You lost me there ......

Is it a riddle or in code ??

Eh? Are You Thick Or Deliberately Obtuse? What Part Is Going Over Your Head?

You Said That You Were Waiting For Evidence Or Somesuch From Me. I Asked Where You Had Previously Asked Me For This.

I Then Pointed Out That I Knew You Were Full Of Bullshit And Bluster And You Should Put Up Or Shut Up With Your "Evidence" Of DK Mishandling This.

You Don't Need To Know My Views On Whether El-Abd Is A Good Signing Or Whether DK Is Setting Him Up. All We Need Is Your Evidence As You Are The One Making The Claims.

You Always Do This When "Debating".

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
:thud:

You're priceless, you are. Absolutely priceless.

YOU were the one who said that the negotiations should be kept out of the press. I reminded you - because it seemed apparent that you need reiminding - that they have been kept out of the press.

Now you're saying that because Dick Knight has been to the press, the implication is that he has let negotiations become public. He has made no statement about the player (aside from the admiration of his abilities - something you don't want to hear him say - and his desire for him to sign), nothing about the agent and nothing about the terms on the table - aside from it being a two-year deal.

So what part of the negotiations that ought to be confidential are now public?

DK said: "It has been on the table for some time and we hope he signs it soon."

It is quite emotive and something that doesnt lend itself well to negotiation.

Change 'on the table for sometime' to 'stalling' then to 'disloyal' then to 'greedy'.

Already this thread has people questioning El-Abd's ability etc.

I think it is divisive by the Chairman and something he has previous !!

Players interpret everything that is said by coaching staff and chairman, to not understand that is to not understand football.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Eh? Are You Thick Or Deliberately Obtuse? What Part Is Going Over Your Head?

You Said That You Were Waiting For Evidence Or Somesuch From Me. I Asked Where You Had Previously Asked Me For This.

I Then Pointed Out That I Knew You Were Full Of Bullshit And Bluster And You Should Put Up Or Shut Up With Your "Evidence" Of DK Mishandling This.

You Don't Need To Know My Views On Whether El-Abd Is A Good Signing Or Whether DK Is Setting Him Up. All We Need Is Your Evidence As You Are The One Making The Claims.

You Always Do This When "Debating".

Thats cleared up then ...... it was a riddle !!

Me finding evidence of DK mis-managing negotiations ............ hmmmmmm ........ did you really mean to ask that, or is that the code bit ??

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Change 'on the table for sometime' to 'stalling' then to 'disloyal' then to 'greedy'.

Already this thread has people questioning El-Abd's ability etc.

I think it is divisive by the Chairman and something he has previous !!

Players interpret everything that is said by coaching staff and chairman, to not understand that is to not understand football.

fans and the press always look for info when there may be none.

A chairman answering a question in a way positive about the player whilst not giving away too much information is a diplomatic solution to this.

To not understand this is to not understand football fans or the press

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Thats cleared up then ...... it was a riddle !!

Me finding evidence of DK mis-managing negotiations ............ hmmmmmm ........ did you really mean to ask that, or is that the code bit ??

You Really Are f***ing Thick.

Please Answer These Questions, No Code, No Riddles, No C*ntishness From You:

1. Where Have You Asked Me Previously For My Opinions On This Matter?

2. Where Is The Evidence For The Underhandedness From DK?

3. Will You Admit That You Know No More About This Matter Than Any Other Fan? If Not, Then What Do You Know?

It Really Isn't f***ing Difficult. Even For You.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You Really Are f***ing Thick.

Please Answer These Questions, No Code, No Riddles, No C*ntishness From You:

1. Where Have You Asked Me Previously For My Opinions On This Matter?

2. Where Is The Evidence For The Underhandedness From DK?

3. Will You Admit That You Know No More About This Matter Than Any Other Fan? If Not, Then What Do You Know?

It Really Isn't f***ing Difficult. Even For You.

Thats the first time I have understood a word you said.

1. Not sure

2. My views have been clear, Falmer Brilliant, negotiations awful.

3. I know more, aint telling

It wasnt that difficult for you to make yourself understood, keep doing it more often.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Or alternatively, leave it as exactly what it actually SAYS.

What a load of shit.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
fans and the press always look for info when there may be none.

A chairman answering a question in a way positive about the player whilst not giving away too much information is a diplomatic solution to this.

To not understand this is to not understand football fans or the press

I am not too sure why he felt compelled to comment, but since he did he could of made a 100 other quotes that might of been helpful rather than risking mis-interpretation.

I suspect the player feels that the deal hasnt been on the table THAT long and it might imply that he is stalling etc...etc....

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Thats the first time I have understood a word you said.

1. Not sure

2. My views have been clear, Falmer Brilliant, negotiations awful.

3. I know more, aint telling

It wasnt that difficult for you to make yourself understood, keep doing it more often.

Strange How No-one Else Seems To Struggle With The Previous 2 Posts.

In Answer

1. So You Were Wrong.

2. Does That Pass As Evidence Nowadays? Seems To Be A Trite Cliche From A Fuckwit From Here.

3. Well, Don't Go Hinting On Here Then. Isn't This The Sort Of Thing You Have Issues With DK Over? Hints And Indiscretions In A Public Place?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am not too sure why he felt compelled to comment, but since he did he could of made a 100 other quotes that might of been helpful rather than risking mis-interpretation.

change 'No Comment' to 'can't tell you anything' to 'theres a problem' to 'the player is stalling' to 'he is greedy' to 'he has played his last game for the club'.

See - we can all MAKE THINGS UP.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bloody right I am!

Not for the sake of running down Elphick, but he's still learning his trade really. For all the raves he might receive on NSC, followed by "how are we going to keep him here?" accolades - he's really not the finished article, and when you notice opposition attackers breezing past/through our defense like they aren't there, it's underlined.

Taking into account the fact that these attackers are 1st Division players too - I just do not see our young defenders taking the ball off them with ease and regularity.
Indeed, the best of the lot is el-Abd up to now. No Lawrenson yet, but good and getting better.
It's immaterial as to how he looked when playing in the Championship, because he's only 21 now, and getting better by the week.
As I'm an Albion fan, I not only hope that will continue, but that Elphick will improve too.

Flashes of good play from Elphick, but consistently good and reliable performances from el-Abd, make him a real asset to the side that is hard to replace or displace.

I would agree with you but unfortuately most on see Elphick as being the next Rio Ferdinand, which he may well be in time but at the moment I believe he is playing at the best level for him as I do not think that he is near to being championship standard but in time will be.

I would be very suprised if he would be rated as the best in the division yet as both central defenders at Southend were better than him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most of the contract renewals at the Albion seem to come to fans attention as done and dusted it seems to me. Those that hit the press generally tend to go pear shaped with recriminations further down the line.

I would agree with you but unfortuately most on see Elphick as being the next Rio Ferdinand, which he may well be in time but at the moment I believe he is playing at the best level for him as I do not think that he is near to being championship standard but in time will be.

I would be very suprised if he would be rated as the best in the division yet as both central defenders at Southend were better than him.

It appears you ARE agreeing with me then - as that's pretty much what I've been saying. I also hope el-Phick and el-Abd will be the best midfield and defensive players in the division, the potential suggests it's possible.
If anything though, el-Abd would fare better in the Championship than Elphick right now.

If we were to get promoted, Elphick and Lynch would get rings run around them in the Championship (bloody silly name for the old 2nd Division!), and perhaps be demoralized more than anything.

If we were a club who could afford it, we'd be farming those two players out on loan to team/s in this division, while we made a fist of staying up. That way they'd get experience and more time to improve, instead of getting murdered in a division they're not ready to tackle yet (imo).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports