Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Al-Ebd is just agreeing terms at the moment, it is always likely that the club will offer terms that are favourable to the club and El-Abd agent will try to negotiate terms that are favourable to Adam.

There should be no reason why an agreement might not be reached, but as soon as the Chairman goes public there is spin and this will only hinder negotiations.

Already people on here are dissecting his ability and loyalty.

El-Abd is just sorting out a new deal and it neednt become too complicated.

I would suspect that Wilkins would want El-Ebd to stay, he has good leadership qualities and you know what your gonna get, he is an asset no doubt, so sort out a deal, its important.

Dont agree that DK has financially managed particularly well, I guess we just financially miss manage then plug the holes with Blooms etc cash, aint that
difficult.

He might of managed the long drawn out transition from the Goldstone to Falmer brilliantly, but just lambasting players and agents and then replacing them with similar players with the same financial implications doesnt prove to me that he is financially astute.

The reason we are talking about it is the fact the club realised a press release stating Elphick and Fraser signed but Adam was considering. I have no inside knowledge but must be one of the following;

Argus wants a story to keep punters like me buying papers.

Agent trying to maximise clients apeal both with Albion and others.

Club trying to put pressure on player to sign.

As a fan I would like us to give Adam the best deal possible so he can become an Albion great.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The reason we are talking about it is the fact the club realised a press release stating Elphick and Fraser signed but Adam was considering. I have no inside knowledge but must be one of the following;

Argus wants a story to keep punters like me buying papers.

Agent trying to maximise clients apeal both with Albion and others.

Club trying to put pressure on player to sign.

As a fan I would like us to give Adam the best deal possible so he can become an Albion great.

I was assuming that DK was quoted, therefore he brought this into the public domain.

I am sure I remember DK specifically commented on what he thought were El-Abd main attributes this season.

I cringe everytime he comments on his own personal thoughts on a players ability or contribution.

The players and coaching staff would wish he kept quiet, I am sure.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I didn't think he was unsettled. My reading of what he said earlier about his contract negotiations was that he didn't want to discuss it until the end of the season because he wanted to concentrate on getting the Albion into the play-offs, and didn't want to be distracted. Obviously now he is injured and we are not going to make the play-offs he is free to start negotiation. The fact he doesn't accept the first offer doesn't make him unsettled or a traitor.

I hope he signs. I would play him in the centre of defence in front of both Lynch and Butters.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I was assuming that DK was quoted, therefore he brought this into the public domain.

I am sure I remember DK specifically commented on what he thought were El-Abd main attributes this season.

I cringe everytime he comments on his own personal thoughts on a players ability or contribution.

The players and coaching staff would wish he kept quiet, I am sure.

Oh, The Irony.

So You Know As Much As The Rest Of Us, Sprinkle Some Hearsay, Add A Little Supposition And We Get The Usual BigGully Guff.

About As Reliable As Your Knowledge Of Middle East Politics And Half As Much "Fun" To Read.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
I am not a fan of E 1 Abd; he is responsible for more goals conceded than created and my heart is in mouth when he tries to play it out of defence; if we can get some cash for him grab it and give it to elphick;
we need to keep tommy, despite his new contract, i fear Tommy could get £1m + on some scaled deal

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not a fan of E 1 Abd; he is responsible for more goals conceded than created and my heart is in mouth when he tries to play it out of defence; if we can get some cash for him grab it and give it to elphick;
we need to keep tommy, despite his new contract, i fear Tommy could get £1m + on some scaled deal

I must agree with you. He does make an awful lot of mistakes and when in midfield he seems to always play the ball back to where it came from. Enthusiasm is not the same as talent. A number of people where I sit have similar thoughts. If he is holding out for more money he can forget it.

The club need to get an experienced centre-half to bring on Elphick and Lynch...leaving no room for El-Abd there. I dont rate him as a full back or a midfielder.

Also, quite why he has an agent is beyond me.

The difference between the players you mention, is that el-Abd is in the right places and involved so much in matches that it's a poisoned chalice for him.

A player walks past our defense like they weren't even there, or because they actually are somewhere else - and it's never actually mentioned that it was a goal scored by Elphick's marker, or from the place that Lynch should have been.

If we were on MOTD, Alan Hansen would be drawing rings around the missing defenders and explaining how el-Abd had no support, and where were the other defenders (drawn away from the ball, lost their marker, gone forward and left their positions, inviting balls that bypass them altogether etc).

For the number of mistakes you bring to light, he's had to save us way more times. Like FDM, who's often saved us - people just don't seem to appreciate how good these players are, preferring to mention one time they made a mistake or a miss-kick.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
NMH, are you suggesting El-Abd is better than Elphick?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The club. They have kept negotiations out of the press.

You've just filled in the gaps yourself by saying 'El-Abd is still discussing terms...' Where did that nugget come from? Are you on-message with negoations? Or are we back to 'true belief' again?

So who went to the press and who was quoted, I thought it was the club not the player. DK did make specific remarks about players contribution, which would be seen within the playing camp as 'busy'.

You seem to have this bizaare obsession that I portray my opinions as 'on-message' and it irks you ................ however your own assumptions and opinions are just that.

So who was quoted in the press again ??

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Oh, The Irony.

So You Know As Much As The Rest Of Us, Sprinkle Some Hearsay, Add A Little Supposition And We Get The Usual BigGully Guff.

About As Reliable As Your Knowledge Of Middle East Politics And Half As Much "Fun" To Read.

I am still waiting for your own views and opinion ............. backed up with a little knowledge.

You dont seem to say anything.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You are the one making 'points' on here.

I can wait for.....you know, those statements founded on facts from people who do know what they are talking about.

But that is my point ........... that I am making points that we can either discuss or argue or even agree with ............ you are not.

Surely you get it by now !!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The difference between the players you mention, is that el-Abd is in the right places and involved so much in matches that it's a poisoned chalice for him.

A player walks past our defense like they weren't even there, or because they actually are somewhere else - and it's never actually mentioned that it was a goal scored by Elphick's marker, or from the place that Lynch should have been.

If we were on MOTD, Alan Hansen would be drawing rings around the missing defenders and explaining how el-Abd had no support, and where were the other defenders (drawn away from the ball, lost their marker, gone forward and left their positions, inviting balls that bypass them altogether etc).

For the number of mistakes you bring to light, he's had to save us way more times. Like FDM, who's often saved us - people just don't seem to appreciate how good these players are, preferring to mention one time they made a mistake or a miss-kick.

You gotta laugh ............. I honestly dont think you see it do you !!!

You say :

you know, those statements founded on facts from people who do know what they are talking about.

Then you go and and give us all a full football analyisis on El-Abd positional play and Elphicks too.

Where do you qualify your view, ex-pro, high level non league player, committed a license coach ................... where

Probably nowhere, so you shouldnt try and ridicule others views just because you disagree.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Al-Ebd is just agreeing terms at the moment, it is always likely that the club will offer terms that are favourable to the club and El-Abd agent will try to negotiate terms that are favourable to Adam.

There should be no reason why an agreement might not be reached, but as soon as the Chairman goes public there is spin and this will only hinder negotiations.

Already people on here are dissecting his ability and loyalty.

El-Abd is just sorting out a new deal and it neednt become too complicated.

I would suspect that Wilkins would want El-Ebd to stay, he has good leadership qualities and you know what your gonna get, he is an asset no doubt, so sort out a deal, its important.

Dont agree that DK has financially managed particularly well, I guess we just financially miss manage then plug the holes with Blooms etc cash, aint that difficult.

He might of managed the long drawn out transition from the Goldstone to Falmer brilliantly, but just lambasting players and agents and then replacing them with similar players with the same financial implications doesnt prove to me that he is financially astute.

Please show the concrete evidence of the club financially mis-managing.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I am still waiting for your own views and opinion ............. backed up with a little knowledge.

You dont seem to say anything.

Point A: Since When Are You Waiting? This Is The First I've Heard Of Your Request.
Point B: Why Do I Need To Have A View Or Opinion To Point Out The Poverty Of Your Authority On The Matter?

This Isn't The 1st Time You've Pulled That Particular Trick. I Have No Authority On The Matter And Thus Know No More Of What Is Going On Than Most People Including You, So I'm Not Going To Try And Stir Things Up Neither Am I Trying To Smear Anyone With Innuendo.

Point C: I Am Saying Something. Something Quite Specific. That You Are Trying To Pass Off Rumour And Your Personal Agenda Against Certain People As Fact. You're Well Known For It. You've Been Caught Out Before.

I Suggest You Either Put Up Or Shut Up.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'd like to add to this my two pence.

Adam El abd is a half decent league one player........in my opinion. Reasonably versatile and will do a job.

Considering we want promotion next season he is defo a player we could do with than without if only for a squad rotational basis.

Playing above this level is certainly something I have not seen on a regular enough basis from adam though....the likes of virgo,harding,elphick are head and shoulders above imho.

Saying all this it wouldnt be a MASSIVE loss if he went...he is defo one player that is replacable, so no panic from me about him not signing.

NMH, are you suggesting El-Abd is better than Elphick?

Bloody right I am!

Not for the sake of running down Elphick, but he's still learning his trade really. For all the raves he might receive on NSC, followed by "how are we going to keep him here?" accolades - he's really not the finished article, and when you notice opposition attackers breezing past/through our defense like they aren't there, it's underlined.

Taking into account the fact that these attackers are 1st Division players too - I just do not see our young defenders taking the ball off them with ease and regularity.
Indeed, the best of the lot is el-Abd up to now. No Lawrenson yet, but good and getting better.
It's immaterial as to how he looked when playing in the Championship, because he's only 21 now, and getting better by the week.
As I'm an Albion fan, I not only hope that will continue, but that Elphick will improve too.

Flashes of good play from Elphick, but consistently good and reliable performances from el-Abd, make him a real asset to the side that is hard to replace or displace.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Please show the concrete evidence of the club financially mis-managing.

What part do you find so distressing, it aint anything personal against the club or you for that matter.

My 'mis-managing' statement was said in a context that recognised that a business that is running at an annual £2m loss is hardly a blueprint for financial prudency.

We are lucky to have benefactors which allows us to survive and indeed progress.

I am pleased that we do not at present need to show too much financial constraint.

Some people wish to attribute DK player and agent lambastings as some sort of financial saviour, well my point it aint.

Thankfully we can still compete with salaries with most clubs in our divisions. It just seems that DK himself likes be the exclusive negotiator, irrespective of the wishes of the coaching staff.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Point A: Since When Are You Waiting? This Is The First I've Heard Of Your Request.
Point B: Why Do I Need To Have A View Or Opinion To Point Out The Poverty Of Your Authority On The Matter?

This Isn't The 1st Time You've Pulled That Particular Trick. I Have No Authority On The Matter And Thus Know No More Of What Is Going On Than Most People Including You, So I'm Not Going To Try And Stir Things Up Neither Am I Trying To Smear Anyone With Innuendo.

Point C: I Am Saying Something. Something Quite Specific. That You Are Trying To Pass Off Rumour And Your Personal Agenda Against Certain People As Fact. You're Well Known For It. You've Been Caught Out Before.

I Suggest You Either Put Up Or Shut Up.

You lost me there ......

Is it a riddle or in code ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here