EDL Rally - 18/04/2015

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If the left didnt turn up? I guess it would be the same amount of violence if the the EDL didnt turn up. What do you say?
Again, you seem more concerned with the reaction than the problem of violent, racist, rightwing groups coming to Brighton to cause problems. Its interesting.

if you ignored them you tw~t they would stop coming year after year.

who the frack are they going to fight with if you morons decided to not turn up?......the library?....sphinx kebab house?

ill put your madness down to your age

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Free expression? They publically announce they are coming to Brighton to commit violence, and you consider that 'free expression '...sure mate.
Tell me which radical Islamic preachers Ive conveniently ignored.
Ive no love of fundamental Islam. At all.

Could you post a link to the EDL publicly declaring they are coming to Brighton for violence? Just to be sure your not making it up as you go along.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
But what about all those other times the UAF has come to Brighton, gone on some big disruptive march and ended up smashing up some chain shops or a MacDonalds or something? And some people celebrate those things. But if some people slightly different to you want to come to Brighton and stand around and make their point. This is unacceptable? Why?

I don't like the EDL in any way but I believe they have a right to come here and protest just as much as all the other nonsense protests in support of silly ideologies that go on in this city.

I agree that violence by the left is counter productive, but to say they have a 'right' to come to Brighton, when they publically announce its to fight 'reds' then, I dont think they have any 'right'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But what about all those other times the UAF has come to Brighton, gone on some big disruptive march and ended up smashing up some chain shops or a MacDonalds or something? And some people celebrate those things. But if some people slightly different to you want to come to Brighton and stand around and make their point. This is unacceptable? Why?

Indeed. Some people seem to have forgotten that UAF have been involved in the Smash EDO demos - almost every single one has turned violent and without even a whiff of EDL & co being around. Both groups are violent thugs and should be banned.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I agree that violence by the left is counter productive, but to say they have a 'right' to come to Brighton, when they publically announce its to fight 'reds' then, I dont think they have any 'right'

So you don't believe they have a right to free movement and assembly then? Controversial view point.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Could you post a link to the EDL publicly declaring they are coming to Brighton for violence? Just to be sure your not making it up as you go along.

No, relax, they are coming to be 'English'...ice cream and a stroll on the prom.
There were plenty of posters last year about their march...when they still tried to lie about MFE and EDL being different groups.... I believe Smash the Reds in Brighton was a popular poster on far right FB pages.
Im sure you will find it if you search for it...even on NSC.

Also feel free to read my signature...it came from the enlightened Brighton Fella I believe.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
if you ignored them you tw~t they would stop coming year after year.

who the frack are they going to fight with if you morons decided to not turn up?......the library?....sphinx kebab house?

ill put your madness down to your age

Remember the first year they came down? Were completely ignored iirc. Only in the second year when people came to fight them did it kick off.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What people with convictions for racial violence stating they intend to cause violence in the city? No I dont.

And that's grounds for stopping the entire thing is it? If you genuinely believe people to be inciting violence and you have proof of it report it to the police. Don't try and stab them and don't go along and be violent yourself, both of these things are *obviously* counter-productive.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
i) But very little of what the EDL actually do is fascist.

ii) Even so, attempting to impose your world view of others isn't the way to go about anything.

I don't think it started off that way but it seems to have been fairly flooded by racist bigots.

Aren't there certain things we should oppose ? I don't see it as imposing a world view by standing up against racism.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So you don't believe they have a right to free movement and assembly then? Controversial view point.

UAF fascists have the right to assembly,EDL fascists do not have the right to assembly...........did you not get the memo from comrade Dave

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And that's grounds for stopping the entire thing is it? If you genuinely believe people to be inciting violence and you have proof of it report it to the police. Don't try and stab them and don't go along and be violent yourself, both of these things are *obviously* counter-productive.

Ive not been violent. I dont try to stab people.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
UAF fascists have the right to assembly,EDL fascists do not have the right to assembly...........did you not get the memo from comrade Dave

EDL fascists do not have the right to assembly when they publically announce the assembly is for purposes of violence. Did you not get that from your mum ****wit pasta?

No, relax, they are coming to be 'English'...ice cream and a stroll on the prom.
There were plenty of posters last year about their march...when they still tried to lie about MFE and EDL being different groups.... I believe Smash the Reds in Brighton was a popular poster on far right FB pages.
Im sure you will find it if you search for it...even on NSC.

Also feel free to read my signature...it came from the enlightened Brighton Fella I believe.

Hold up there a second, you post that EDL have come out publicly and stated only come to Brighton for the violence, and your only evidence of this is a post made on NSC?

Don't believe everything you read on here dave.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, there were plenty of posts last year, on FB and other sites, that were also posted on NSC.....nobody is using that idiots quote as the only source. However, it did highlight their intent.

...and im going to lunch...cheers.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Did you not get that from your mum ****wit pasta?

57270986.jpg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Are you serious?

"The fascists only turn up because the left wing scum give them a fight" - absolute rubbish.

I went last year to object to those vile, racist homophobes coming to my town. I stood in the rain, alongside thousands of others, to let those scumbags know they are not welcome here.

I didn't throw a punch, I stood - unintimidated by their brave posturing - and watched. Yes, there were anti-facists in attendance intent on trouble but they only exist because of groups like the EDL.

'Cultured and intelligent people' - sanctimonious twaddle. I prefer to do something about it if I disagree with something instead of getting all pious behind a keyboard.

In amongst all the pathetic squabbling that has already engulfed this thread, (Bushy isn't even on here as far as I've read and I won't be reading any further) I just wanted to say good for you mate. The argument that they are just as bad as each other is laughable.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ive not been violent. I dont try to stab people.

good for you dave.......but what do you say

how much violence would there be,and how much disruption would there be in the city if the UAF said we are not turning up this year these idiots are not worth our time,we also urge other protest groups to ignore them.......................... my guess is no violence or disruption........what do you say?

come on dave its not a hard question,for bonus points you can add who the EDL would be scrapping with if no one turned up to fight them and perhaps on a scale of 1 to 10 the implications on the city and the wider society in general if 50 blokes walked around the city waving st georges flags unhindered for 30 minutes except by 4 bored coppers..........im going for 1

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
Why dont you throw sexist into that political meme then you'll have the holy trinity of self rightious anger? What your post and dave of pragues lacks is any sign of first principles.

It is similar as its a comparison between disruptions of peaceful political meetings/marches, you may not like that but that isn't a reason to invalidate the comparison.

Acording to George Orwells Homage to Catalonia Stalin ordered the Spanish Marxists to turn on the anarchists as he saw the facists as similar types who he could do business with. Hence the treaty he later signed with Hitler.

I don't think that being in favour of confronting racists makes you a "leftie" - to me it just makes you decent.
Even without opposition the EDL have been shown to behave in an aggressive, confrontational, racist manner.
I can understand the thinking behind just ignoring them an they'll go away to a degree but I just think they should feel the weight of opposition to their views.

As for "first principles" - this is a football website you pretentious ponce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports