Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EDL Rally - 18/04/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
how much violence would there be,and how much disruption would there be in the city if the UAF said we are not turning up this year these idiots are not worth our time,we also urge other protest groups to ignore them..........................my guess is no violence or disruption........what do you say?

You seem totally against stopping the fascists, many with convictions for violence, and racism coming to the city, and seem more concerned about the left opposing these scummy twats? Why? Why not just ban EDL coming for what is a pointless march. No fascist march, no far left opposition. Its VERY VERY simple.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes, there were anti-facists in attendance intent on trouble but they only exist because of groups like the EDL.

Absolute bollocks. Such people will look to be violent and cause a disturbance for any reason, the EDL simply provides them a media-friendly excuse for their illegal behvaviours.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone who see's Fascists and Anti Fascists in the same light should be transported to 1930's Germany.

So the Nazis breaking up poliical meetings by Communists etc in the Munich beer halls is no way similar to the UAF try to break up an EDL march?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Isn't it strange how people show tribal affiliations on this thread, when probably in real life they have little affinity with those whose side they have 'chosen'.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
So the Nazis breaking up poliical meetings by Communists etc in the Munich beer halls is no way similar to the UAF try to break up an EDL march?

Opposing racists , xenaphobes , homophobes etc .... is not similar to the Nazi's breaking up political meetings .....no. IMO

Nor is your Spanish parallel particularly valid either.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Anyone who see's Fascists and Anti Fascists in the same light should be transported to 1930's Germany.

But the UAF are just as violent and authoritarian as the EDL. The phrase ' as bad as each other ' has perhaps never been more appropriate.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You seem totally against stopping the fascists, many with convictions for violence, and racism coming to the city, and seem more concerned about the left opposing these scummy twats? Why? Why not just ban EDL coming for what is a pointless march. No fascist march, no far left opposition. Its VERY VERY simple.

Oh it is simple. we live in a country that allows free expression of political views, even the radical preachers that you so conviniantly ignore. The protection for them and others is the legal system and the police to inforce it.

Counter protests are only allowed under the hubris of the above reasons, they are an attempt to shut down free speach. they are contained. If they, aka mob rule became successful then they would be banned, along with similar thugs in the past ie flying pickets.

Screaming "Facists" like you have any idea what you are talking about doesn't impress me. Pinochet was one, General Galtieri was another. Would you also condemn the Argentinian facist General?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

these scummy twats have a right to their march,i dont like it as much as the next bloke,in the same ilk Ramjam Choudary has the right to practice and preach his religion,which he does.Now i could go up to every one of his street sermons and kick off with him and try to silence him and his legitimate yet horrible religious views but who would be the fascist?

which comes back to the question again.....how much violence would there be,and how much disruption would there be in the city if the UAF said we are not turning up this year these idiots are not worth our time,we also urge other protest groups to ignore them.......................... my guess is no violence or disruption........what do you say?

what do you say dave less violence,more violence or the same?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm all for free speech which doesn't impinge on others rights. Thoughts on the right to persistently insight / cause violence and criminal damage?

I remember the first couple of these going off without any incident of any kind. It was only when the UAF started getting involved that they turned violent.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh it is simple. we live in a country that allows free expression of political views, even the radical preachers that you so conviniantly ignore. The protection for them and others is the legal system and the police to inforce it.
Counter protests are only allowed under the hubris of the above reasons, they are an attempt to shut down free speach. they are contained. If they, aka mob rule became successful then they would be banned, along with similar thugs in the past ie flying pickets.
Screaming "Facists" like you have any idea what you are talking about doesn't impress me. Pinochet was one, General Galtieri was another. Would you also condemn the Argentinian facist General?

Free expression? They publically announce they are coming to Brighton to commit violence, and you consider that 'free expression '...sure mate.
Tell me which radical Islamic preachers Ive conveniently ignored.
Ive no love of fundamental Islam. At all.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
But the UAF are just as violent and authoritarian as the EDL. The phrase ' as bad as each other ' has perhaps never been more appropriate.

I guess I don't necessarily support their methods (as a default way to deal with the EDL) but I do agree entirely with opposing fascism in all it;s forms.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
these scummy twats have a right to their march,i dont like it as much as the next bloke,in the same ilk Ramjam Choudary has the right to practice and preach his religion,which he does.Now i could go up to every one of his street sermons and kick off with him and try to silence him and his legitimate yet horrible religious views but who would be the fascist?

which comes back to the question again.....how much violence would there be,and how much disruption would there be in the city if the UAF said we are not turning up this year these idiots are not worth our time,we also urge other protest groups to ignore them.......................... my guess is no violence or disruption........what do you say?

what do you say dave less violence,more violence or the same?

If the left didnt turn up? I guess it would be the same amount of violence if the the EDL didnt turn up. What do you say?
Again, you seem more concerned with the reaction than the problem of violent, racist, rightwing groups coming to Brighton to cause problems. Its interesting.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I guess I don't necessarily support their methods (as a default way to deal with the EDL) but I do agree entirely with opposing fascism in all it;s forms.

i) But very little of what the EDL actually do is fascist.

ii) Even so, attempting to impose your world view of others isn't the way to go about anything.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If the left didnt turn up? I guess it would be the same amount of violence if the the EDL didnt turn up. What do you say?
Again, you seem more concerned with the reaction than the problem of violent, racist, rightwing groups coming to Brighton to cause problems. Its interesting.

But what about all those other times the UAF has come to Brighton, gone on some big disruptive march and ended up smashing up some chain shops or a MacDonalds or something? And some people celebrate those things. But if some people slightly different to you want to come to Brighton and stand around and make their point. This is unacceptable? Why?

I don't like the EDL in any way but I believe they have a right to come here and protest just as much as all the other nonsense protests in support of silly ideologies that go on in this city.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Opposing racists , xenaphobes , homophobes etc .... is not similar to the Nazi's breaking up political meetings .....no. IMO

Nor is your Spanish parallel particularly valid either.

Why dont you throw sexist into that political meme then you'll have the holy trinity of self rightious anger? What your post and dave of pragues lacks is any sign of first principles.

It is similar as its a comparison between disruptions of peaceful political meetings/marches, you may not like that but that isn't a reason to invalidate the comparison.

Acording to George Orwells Homage to Catalonia Stalin ordered the Spanish Marxists to turn on the anarchists as he saw the facists as similar types who he could do business with. Hence the treaty he later signed with Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here