Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Eddie nkitiah

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
You know what kills you, right?

The Tross has no excuses but aside from him there should be no expectation for goals from:-

March - just ain't gonna happen.
Bissouma - The last thing this team needs is him shooting more.
Gross - How will he put the ball on a plate for the others?
Lallana - Let's be honest here, the team look better when he's playing, so just be grateful for that.

As for the new guys - :shrug:

So you are saying there is a chance?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you are saying there is a chance?

There's always a chance, I'm with [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] on that.

I wouldn't be sat next to Jnr jawing on about either real football, fantasy football, his club football or FIFA football (after a while they all blend into one) in a teeny tiny Renault for at least 11 hours without some expectation.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Bissouma - The last thing this team needs is him shooting more.

Great player on the ball but his wild shots from 30 yards out to row Z must really get on the other players and GPs tits. You'd have thought that his 2 goal return after 4 seasons would have taught him that its a wasteful exercise but no, he has to try at least one of those shots in every game he plays. :ffsparr:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great player on the ball but his wild shots from 30 yards out to row Z must really get on the other players and GPs tits. You'd have thought that his 2 goal return after 4 seasons would have taught him that its a wasteful exercise but no, he has to try at least one of those shots in every game he plays. :ffsparr:

Gotta have some empathy for him - those 2 goals :ohmy:
Imagine being able to do that, you'd want to do it all the time, it's just a shame he tries. :lol:

But yes 2 goals from Biss.
I think Solly is on something like 11 CAREER goals (and one of them had to be punched in by the keeper)
Lallana has 19 in his last 8 seasons, never hitting double figures in EPL.
Gross is guaranteed 3 after his 7 goal haul in his first season.

Despite the nonsense currently swirling around about 'should have scored', I should have scored with Salma Hayek - but didn't, Trossard is the only midfielder who doesn't get a pass from me.

Much like Connolly - if you're capable of scoring nice, skillful, technical goals, you should be capable of scoring more than 5 in any one season.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
15 - which Maupay should have got comfortably with the amount of chances created

OK. So 6th top scorer last season ahead of Ings, lacazette, aubameyang, Rashford, mane, sterling, firminho, Cavani and Werner.

Thats what we expect from a brighton striker. 'Comfortably'. So actually maybe 18 if he does better than comfortably? Or 3rd top scorer in the PL only behind Kane and Salah.

Thats what we are expecting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OK. So 6th top scorer last season ahead of Ings, lacazette, aubameyang, Rashford, mane, sterling, firminho, Cavani and Werner.

Thats what we expect from a brighton striker. 'Comfortably'. So actually maybe 18 if he does better than comfortably? Or 3rd top scorer in the PL only behind Kane and Salah.

Whatever they deliver it's never enough.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Whilst I get the argument that a better striker would improve our position in the table, I can't help but feel that there are many other areas of focus that would equally improve our position in the table.

One of the often, stated, rarely discussed stats from last season, is that we dropped more points from winning positions than any other club.
Whilst our xG vs goals stats are poor, this stat has real impact on where we finally finished in the table.

Knowing the moneyball leanings of our owner, I wouldn't be surprised if this stat is factored into the type of play/signings we see next season.
No point having a player scoring 7 more goals if we go on and drop the points anyway.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Other than all the he said/she said :catfight: playground nonsense on this thread.....

imo our only midfielder who really looks like he can score is .....Moder. I really hope he's given enough games and in the right position to do so by Potter.

Also, what happened to the supersub start with Trossard? I really thought after 3 or 4 sub appearances he was going to be our Eden Hazard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Also, what happened to the supersub start with Trossard? I really thought after 3 or 4 sub appearances he was going to be our Eden Hazard.

He either plays like Eden Hazard or The Eden Project - not known for it's tekkers.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Yep. With you on trossard. When he first signed he looked very impressive and got injured very early on and I was miffed that he was missing. He has rarely shown the drive, pace and attitude since IMO

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Whilst I get the argument that a better striker would improve our position in the table, I can't help but feel that there are many other areas of focus that would equally improve our position in the table.

One of the often, stated, rarely discussed stats from last season, is that we dropped more points from winning positions than any other club.
Whilst our xG vs goals stats are poor, this stat has real impact on where we finally finished in the table.

Knowing the moneyball leanings of our owner, I wouldn't be surprised if this stat is factored into the type of play/signings we see next season.
No point having a player scoring 7 more goals if we go on and drop the points anyway.

There is another salient point too. Our xG is what it is because of the players we have. Maupay is an obvious example. His work off the ball contributes to our ability to open up defences and create chances. If you swapped him for a poacher then our xG would decrease. Whether that might be negated by better finishing is possible but not certain. I'd like us to sign another striker for sure but it'd need to be the right type rather than any port in a storm.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Other than all the he said/she said :catfight: playground nonsense on this thread.....

imo our only midfielder who really looks like he can score is .....Moder. I really hope he's given enough games and in the right position to do so by Potter.

He was our 3rd top scorer last season with 5. He needs to get that up to 8 this year. Then Bissouma / Moder / MacAllister / Gross etc getting 5 each. That would make a huge difference to our season.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Sorry but the chances that Maupay missed were in some situations very poor - as i said he should have got 15 with the chances created

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I don't understand people not rating Trossard, I think he was great last season. I think we'd notice the whole he left if got injured or sold.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand people not rating Trossard, I think he was great last season. I think we'd notice the whole he left if got injured or sold.

And when he does score, it’s normally a class goal. I’m a big fan of the sleep deprived guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here