[NSC] Eddie nkitiah

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not sure there has been consistent calls that a striker wouldn't be needed from Swanny.. he argued through last season that the strikers are not necessarily the only solutions we should focus on and more goals from midfield was another angle and a greater differentiator vs. clubs above us. Well that's what I remember and took from the threads through last season. Any this Eddie Nkitiah chap.. is he signing or not!

He defo argued no need for a striker signing. Consistently. Incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think its time b.w.2 nailed his colours to the mast and actually declares if he thinks we should sign a striker or not. I can't handle all this mystery and guesswork.

I just cannot make my mind up if we need to splash the cash! ;-)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The same people berating the club for not signing a striker will be berating the club for signing a striker.

Yes. I sympathize with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]'s exasperation, albeit mine largely departed after I put several of the tediourati on you know what.

And can I just say that if certain things were different other things may or may not also be different as a consequence of that, or perhaps coincidentally. We will never know but on a football forum everyone has the right to say it, say it, say it, and say it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Yxj0c9crQ

The ignore function can be your friend, although you may or may not elect to use it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And come up with some suggestions!!

I suggest you respect that I have repeatedly said that is our recruitment army’s job

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Blimey.

You're lambasting a Swedish guy for not having perfect english?
Tough crowd. :eek:

:lolol: No not really, just the bobble hatted grammar police often jump out in their hordes for other posters (sloppyattheback for one) and "got" is one word that gets my go(a)t, really. Personally, I couldn't care much for perfect grammar and spelling on a forum where people are often typing one hand on their phone while fighting a bear with the other (well, at least that's what I do in my spare time anyway).

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I responded to Swanny’s post. Not anyone else’s. My response to Swanny’s post was on the money. Quite frankly I don’t give a flying **** if you or Swanny don’t like being called out for Swanny’s stupidity.

And there we were thinking NSC was a forum for discussion.

But apparently anyone who disagrees with you must be in the wrong and stupid and you are always correct.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
cant see any signings until last 48 hours prior to window closing

everyone know we have 50m and will ask for more

we will say this is our offer, take it or leave it

see who blinks first and it wont be us

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
:lolol: No not really, just the bobble hatted grammar police often jump out in their hordes for other posters (sloppyattheback for one) and "got" is one word that gets my go(a)t, really. Personally, I couldn't care much for perfect grammar and spelling on a forum where people are often typing one hand on their phone while fighting a bear with the other (well, at least that's what I do in my spare time anyway).

Oh, you were feeling grizzly then:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True - but I'm not even sure if 'ignore' is the perfect option. Scrolling down through what seems like endless entries like these .....

.... is almost as tedious!

To me it looks like the smell of silence (of the lames), which has a lovely taste :thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He never said that, nor did he even imply that from what I can see.

Whoever we buy is going to be a punt, we just don't have the 'pedigree' to but a £50M striker on £150K a week even if the money were available. Strikers of that calibre aren't going to join a club that is likely involved in a relegation fight.

I think his comments were simply supportive of a club trying to do its best in a very difficult situation.

No doubt in my mind we're going to get a striker by end of window but it's probably no better than 50/50 if that striker turns out to be a great deal better than what we have ... History (and not just BHA) tells you that
Whilst I have no idea if will sign a forward or not, as an owner I would be mighty pissed off if the recruitment team I employed kept telling me he’s £20m but would be a hopeful punt I think I would need more than that especially after the previous expensive disasters. Anyone of us here could recommend a hopeful punt to TB. I would hope a professional recruitment team would have more about them tbh.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Whilst I have no idea if will sign a forward or not, as an owner I would be mighty pissed off if the recruitment team I employed kept telling me he’s £20m but would be a hopeful punt I think I would need more than that especially after the previous expensive disasters. Anyone of us here could recommend a hopeful punt to TB. I would hope a professional recruitment team would have more about them tbh.

By a punt I mean unproven at this level. We will end up, as always buying someone from lower league or more likeley overseas. But it will most certainly be a punt, not in the same way as red or black but I think you know what I mean

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
By a punt I mean unproven at this level. We will end up, as always buying someone from lower league or more likeley overseas. But it will most certainly be a punt, not in the same way as red or black but I think you know what I mean

Every signing is a punt. Aston Villa have just punted £25m on a striker who scored 12 goals last season.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Does he pay you to back up his BS?

In this thread he said this

"I think signing Eddie Nketiah could be a decent move. I could see him explode in the right environment. Difficult to get the chance in Arsenal as they have some expensive strikers they are a bit desperate to get some value out of. In Brighton he would have the chance to compete on fair terms. Wouldnt mind him coming"

I'm not quite sure he has the anti striker agenda you seem weirdly obsessed about.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Does he pay you to back up his BS?

no. you're hysterical. he stated that he would like a shiny new striker, but that is only one way to score more goals; specifically, the midfield chipping in with another 10-15 between them. you've got way too much invested in this to see reality for what it is and admit you're wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports