[NSC] Eddie nkitiah

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't understand people not rating Trossard, I think he was great last season. I think we'd notice the whole he left if got injured or sold.

He is excellent now and then, just too rarely. I agree he would be missed though as there is no similar player in the squad who could fill the void. After all, when he does have a good day he is usually the main reason for the point/three points.

Not giving up on him, a bit more consistency and no one would question him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And when he does score, it’s normally a class goal. I’m a big fan of the sleep deprived guy.

Same.

5 goals/5 assists/ 5 shots hitting the woodwork.

I posted some video clips on one of the Palace threads recently. Comparing Trossard's goal contributions with Eze's .
They both had 10 last season. Trossard's were all top quality and Eze's included a fair amount of deflections/rebounds and howlers.

Palace ( and many Brighton) fans rave about Eze, whereas Trossard gets a load of negative comments on here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Trossard blows hot and cold. When he's up for it, he's on fire. When he's not, he might as well not be on the pitch

Isn't that pretty much every winger in football?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
****ing hell.

I log on and see the Nketiah thread has pages and pages of new posts. There must be a development I naively think.

No, it's people arguing about **** knows what. Over and over again. Of the 80 odd new posts since I last looked at the thread one - ONE! - mentions Nketiah.

**** sake NSC, sort yourself out.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
He is excellent now and then, just too rarely. I agree he would be missed though as there is no similar player in the squad who could fill the void. After all, when he does have a good day he is usually the main reason for the point/three points.

If his consistency gets better, we will struggle to keep hold him, because as you say when he's having a good day he can be a match winner.

To be honest I think the conisistency will come with time. He's been here a couple of seasons now, and nobody comes in from a foreign league and sets the world alight immediately, unless you pay mega bucks for them. I think last year he was better than his first season, and this season could be a really big one for him.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I don't understand people not rating Trossard, I think he was great last season. I think we'd notice the whole he left if got injured or sold.

I know it was only a pre season friendly but I thought he played really well on Saturday. He seems to have come back from the Euros with a bit of that spark he had when he first joined us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it was only a pre season friendly but I thought he played really well on Saturday. He seems to have come back from the Euros with a bit of that spark he had when he first joined us.

For me he's the Albion player with the biggest discrepancy between his best and worst games.

I'd happily take a drop in quality from his top performances if it elevated his truly dire performances to somewhere above woeful.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
OK. So 6th top scorer last season ahead of Ings, lacazette, aubameyang, Rashford, mane, sterling, firminho, Cavani and Werner.

Thats what we expect from a brighton striker. 'Comfortably'. So actually maybe 18 if he does better than comfortably? Or 3rd top scorer in the PL only behind Kane and Salah.

Thats what we are expecting.

I know exactly what you mean and have made similar arguments when people call for a 20-goal striker. However, Maupay could have got 15 last year. According to Understat, he underperformed his xG by almost 6 so 14 would've been par for th course. The stats also show 21 big chances missed.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
For me he's the Albion player with the biggest discrepancy between his best and worst games.

I'd happily take a drop in quality from his top performances if it elevated his truly dire performances to somewhere above woeful.

I think there's a fair few players who fall into that category of having a big discrepancy between best and worst games. I actually think Bissouma is one of them. Blasphemy I know. Fortunately he's pretty consistent, but the gap is big because when he's great he is amazing. But he when he has a quiet game, and it does happen, its more noticable because he's set the bar so high. Webster is another one. He was brilliant at times last year, but looked really out of sorts when he came back from injury. I think we're genuinely a capable squad, we just need bit more consistency across the board and that difference would probably be enough to see push into mid table safety.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there's a fair few players who fall into that category of having a big discrepancy between best and worst games. I actually think Bissouma is one of them. Blasphemy I know. Fortunately he's pretty consistent, but the gap is big because when he's great he is amazing. But he when he has a quiet game, and it does happen, its more noticable because he's set the bar so high. Webster is another one. He was brilliant at times last year, but looked really out of sorts when he came back from injury. I think we're genuinely a capable squad, we just need bit more consistency across the board and that difference would probably be enough to see push into mid table safety.

Fair do's but I just don't see it, esp the 2 you mention.

TBH adding your opinion to mine leads me to think the exact opposite.

I can revel in the 'but who's playing where' lottery.
I loves playing 5 centre backs Biss and 4 strikers, 'oh this is different'.

But maybe it's not different at all, with the exception of Trossard, everyone usually has a decent game yet most games that's not good enough.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should be encouraging The Tross style of disproportionate levels of performance in the hope that 3 or 4 of them are unplayable at the same time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
OK. So 6th top scorer last season ahead of Ings, lacazette, aubameyang, Rashford, mane, sterling, firminho, Cavani and Werner.

Thats what we expect from a brighton striker. 'Comfortably'. So actually maybe 18 if he does better than comfortably? Or 3rd top scorer in the PL only behind Kane and Salah.

Thats what we are expecting.

Though on the other hand, given the chances we created, you don’t think 15 is reasonable?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

A bit more?

A lot more for me.

Doesn’t do nearly enough week to week, and then will play three good games in a row before more mediocrity.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It would be very helpful indeed. While the strikers are not particularly good with measured by PL standards, I believe the difference is even bigger in that the AMC/winger department.

Fair enough. But admit your former BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
At least 10

Probably don't need a new striker then. Maupay achieved that first season and I'd back him to improve on his 8 last year and get 10 this season. If he can only get 8 then I would back trossard or lallana to score 2 more goals this season.

Problem solved.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Fair enough. But admit your former BS

No you cannot add in other players to achieve the total for one player. Problem not solved.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Exactly

Would not stop his pathetic winging though

Please see above Frank to explain my posts. Thank you for your kind words BTW. And good morning.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No you cannot add in other players to achieve the total for one player. Problem not solved.

Do those goals not count then? I'm confused by your system. A goal by a midfielder counts the same......

Let's say we take your odd system on board. All we need is Maupay to score 2 more over 36 games and you'll be happy and your desperation for a new striker would be removed. I think that's a sensible aim and I applaud you for it.

As you said, you just want a striker who can score 10 goals. We have one who did that one season and was 2 short last season and that was only playing in 33 of the 38 games. You must be delighted as we already have the answer to all your concerns here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports