Living In a Box
Arthur said:
Ah so you admit it!!

You are gambling with your money!!

Calculated risk as opposed to a nag

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was going to tip Lewis Hamilton a fortnight ago to be BBC Sports Personality Of The Year at evens. Went on XXX Large.

He's now 8/13 with only 11/4 Andew Murray any chance whatsoever of catching him. Not a single footballer / cricketer/ boxer under 20/1. And quite right too.

Now normally 8/13 is very very bad odds indeed. But for a Solid Gold Cert, it's still about the best way of tying up your money for six months for a 60% return. GENUINELY nailed-on :thumbsup:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
If Murray has a good Wimbledon though, he'll be favourite for the title I would have thought.

Tennis is bigger than Motor Racing

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Tom Hark said:
Was going to tip Lewis Hamilton a fortnight ago to be BBC Sports Personality Of The Year at evens. Went on XXX Large.

He's now 8/13 with only 11/4 Andew Murray any chance whatsoever of catching him. Not a single footballer / cricketer/ boxer under 20/1. And quite right too.

Now normally 8/13 is very very bad odds indeed. But for a Solid Gold Cert, it's still about the best way of tying up your money for six months for a 60% return. GENUINELY nailed-on :thumbsup:

I know someone who had an awful lot of money on Darren Clarke last year.....don't be so fecking sure!

Beach Hut you are a tool.......and not even a useful one......a rounded spanner or something like that!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bluejuice said:
If Murray has a good Wimbledon though, he'll be favourite for the title I would have thought.

Tennis is bigger than Motor Racing

for sure. Tho Andy Murray, sad to say about a tried and trusted SCOTTISH tennis player, does have more than a touch of the sick-note about him, at least for now, while he's still progressing from gawky kid to grown man. Whereas Lewis Hamilton is already pretty close to being the finished article and is already starting to be compared to the all-time racing greats. Well worth a MAJOR bet IMHO. Even at 8/13.

Last edited:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Beach Hut said:
Calculated risk as opposed to a nag

If i had a tenner and Manchester United played Watford, would it be a calculated risk if i put all my money on Manchester United?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Arthur said:
Beach Hut you are a tool.......and not even a useful one......a rounded spanner or something like that!

Only in your opinion which really counts for nothing

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Beach Hut said:
True however I went large around 12 months ago and sitting on a 33% return at present.

Share price is currently 17p however the analysts reckon up to 26p a share could be the final price so plenty of potential room for a serious wind fall.

Beachy according to this I'm guessing you paid around 13p per share you you've broken even and are not sitting on a nice return as you posted earlier. Something doesn't quite add up.

Admit that you have a problem.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kenhead said:
If i had a tenner and Manchester United played Watford, would it be a calculated risk if i put all my money on Manchester United?

Not really as with shares you can do a lot of research to tell where a company is going.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Beach Hut said:
Not really as with shares you can do a lot of research to tell where a company is going.

Football league tables would suggest that Manchester United would be the better team to back tho

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bad Ash said:
Beachy according to this I'm guessing you paid around 13p per share you you've broken even and are not sitting on a nice return as you posted earlier. Something doesn't quite add up.

Admit that you have a problem.

I have no problem and that is not the price I paid - lower.

Also you have no idea how many I purchased either so your guess is a waste of time and space.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kenhead said:
Football league tables would suggest that Manchester United would be the better team to back tho

Then bet on them at lower odds if that is what you think

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
My point is that with the stock exchange, football scores or horses raceing if a person has a knowledge at that field than they are going to be able to make a calculated risk on what is most likely to win/increses there money. Depends if you want to want to call it gambeling or not

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kenhead said:
My point is that with the stock exchange, football scores or horses raceing if a person has a knowledge at that field than they are going to be able to make a calculated risk on what is most likely to win/increses there money. Depends if you want to want to call it gambeling or not

You really can't compare football / horse bets with playing the Stock Exchange. With the football / horse bets it's shit or bust. You lose all yer stake or make a two or three figure profit. Playing the Stock Exchange is, frankly, betting for PUSSIES. Unless you're a complete FUCKTARD or the unluckiest investor in Christendom, you'd be hard-pushed to lose ALL your stake, or even a tiny wee percentage of it. For all the macho talk of Bulls & Bears, nobody ever lost their stake by buying RBS or Vodaphone. Like I say, Playing the Stock Exchange is betting for PUSSIES. And betting on horses - where horses can be backed to LOSE - is definitely a mug's game so far as the man in the street is concerned. The form book means JACK SHIT. Put it this way, the only time I'd ever consider backing Kieron Fallon is riding for his direct empolyer in a major race where he stands to win a helluva a lot more by genuinely TRYING to win than he does by NOT trying to win.

Betfair has a lot to answer for :nono:

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tom Hark said:
Cairn Energy, a tried and trusted SCOTTISH oil exploration company are a good medium term tip. Shared have been as high as 25 quid recently but are now languishing around 15-16. They've got a shitload of oil in India due to come onstream in the next two years and stand a very good chance of being bought up by a mega-oil company before then. Oh, and if you buy shares before I think the 29th of this month, you get a three quid dividend paid out the following week. If I read the bumf correctly.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I bought a load when they anounced that last find in India, like you say they are well on their way to being bought over (by Haliburton aparently)

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Arthur said:
I know someone who had an awful lot of money on Darren Clarke last year.....don't be so fecking sure!

If that's the same person I know about, they are currently soothing their burnt fingers with a serious lump on Lewis Hamilton @ 25/1.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Beach Hut said:
I have no problem and that is not the price I paid - lower.

Also you have no idea how many I purchased either so your guess is a waste of time and space.

You said you were on for a 33% gain. That would imply you had a 13p share which had risen to 17p (at the original time of posting). I was just using the figures you provided...

The amount you've invested is irrelevant, as it's all about the % return.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

:glare:

Attachments

• hut.gif
    hut.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 94

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here