Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early leaving

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brilliant!

I saw a trailer and that was bad enough! Dont think I would last the whole film without some break.

Ha ha. I think it's a good, fun, well shot film. It is a bit gratuitous at times but I like the super-stylised nature of it, it's funny and the lead male is a brilliantly hilarious gangster who like the female leads is playing a character totally out of keeping with his usual stuff.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
At Withdean I was one of those people complaining about early leavers, but now at the Amex I understand why they did. If I leave at the final whistle it takes so long to get out that the one and only P bus has gone. This means waiting 45 mins for the next H bus which drops me a mile from my home. So my options are: miss the last 3 minutes or take nearly an hour and a half longer to get home. So if you can get out on time and get home in a reasonable time, that's great, but don't criticise the people who can't.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely seemed a bit better today.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
From 85th minute.

At The Amex since the start of last season I believe (off the top of my head) the Albion have secured an extra 11 points after the 85th minute - scoring nine league goals.

Well I typically leave 3 or 4min before the final whistle, as I live in London and have family to get back to, and I've missed ONE winning goal in almost two seasons (against Forest last season).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Two people left just after we equalised in the WSU where I was - WTF

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Two people left just after we equalised in the WSU where I was - WTF

The six lads behind us only saw the equaliser today because they pushed their luck with their Dads. The Dads went off on 85mins instructing the lads to be downstairs by 88 or else. Happily they were still there in their seats when KLL smashed it in in the 89th, and left straight after, hopefully to laugh in their Dads' faces and tell them all about the goal!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The only problem with early leavers, and the ones who go out early for their half time pie - are when I (one the end of the row) constantly have to get up to let people out. Especially when there's some goal mouth action going on.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't understand early leavers at all but if it works for them, fair enough. What did puzzle today me were a few people nearby who left straight after the equaliser...surely at that point you wouldn't gain any time as it was so close to the end anyway? Baffling.

Oh, actually, one breed of early leaver does bug me; 'Right, 85 minutes, off I go...ooh something's happening, I'll stand here in the middle of the row/stairs and watch'.
Either stay or leave!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I am completely baffled that people leave early - but up to them - today is a day that shows why you should never leave early.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
At Withdean I was one of those people complaining about early leavers, but now at the Amex I understand why they did. If I leave at the final whistle it takes so long to get out that the one and only P bus has gone. This means waiting 45 mins for the next H bus which drops me a mile from my home. So my options are: miss the last 3 minutes or take nearly an hour and a half longer to get home. So if you can get out on time and get home in a reasonable time, that's great, but don't criticise the people who can't.

Oh dear!!!!!...it takes me 3 1/2 hours to get home after every game.....and I never leave before the final whistle.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
ha ha ha ha ha ! few doughnuts missed the equalizer today:blush::blush: ..... and no it doesnt happen at grounds all around the country thats just a piss poor excuse , its embarrasing to have so many seats vacant at the final whistle .... fix up . UTA

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
im still struggling with how many fans actually support other teams but have season tickets at the Amex ....mindblowing

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Mot really I can see them on seagulls Player or Sky etc.

Leaving 5 mins early can get you home up to an hour earlier than staying and queing.

Personally I would rather get home an hour later than miss the excitement of a goal IMO a winning goal right at the end of the match give the best feeling in the world, nothing beats that moment when you see the ball hit the back of the net and you jump up and
down like a mad thing and then sing alone to FBS when the final whistle goes.

And anyway getting home from the Amex is soooooo easy and quick too many people moan about something that is really not that much of a problem by train.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
This is not another attempt to start a pointless debate, nor have a go at anyone. For those of you who don't have an important reason to leave early, PLEASE stay til the final whistle today. It's a massive game and the lads need our support. :bhasign:

FWIW i never leave early, but can understand those that do,this team has no desire to win the players only seem to want contracts with premier league clubs and are not playing as a team

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oh dear!!!!!...it takes me 3 1/2 hours to get home after every game.....and I never leave before the final whistle.

Indeed. We left straight after the whistle and it "only" took 30 minutes to get off Bennetts Field so we were delighted to be home by 9pm. Much btter than Tuesday when it took an hour to get out of the carpark and we didnt get home until after 2am :lol:

Seriously, I totally understand why some people leave early and fair play to them. Travel isnt always what you might hope and they didnt stay away - they bought a ticket. I expected a mass exodus today when we fell behind because we were not playing well but it did actually seem better than normal and if a few decided to stay and caught a goal they might normally have missed then great!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here