Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early leaving

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Live and let live :shrug:

I get enough criticism on here for going for a half time beer early in order to have enough time to drink it, so anyone who happens to want to shoot off early ( I don't ) is ok with me.

I do find this sort of behaviour strange.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
This is not another attempt to start a pointless debate, nor have a go at anyone. For those of you who don't have an important reason to leave early, PLEASE stay til the final whistle today. It's a massive game and the lads need our support. :bhasign:

Well said old chap :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gus would have more pressing problems if his players were looking to the stands for inspiration in the final minutes of a game rather than figuring out what it is they have to do to unlock a defence with their attacking play.

Yes but that's clearly not what I'm saying though, is it? The players are professionals and should be able to do their jobs without any encouragement or atmosphere in the ground. But anyone who really thinks that the crowd roaring the team on doesn't help them is wrong, especially in the last few minutes when tiredness is creeping in. Of course it does.

Or he could get Oatway to say it...seeing as he seems to be taking most of the press calls lately,,,for some strange reason???????

What's the strange reason Kev? Let me guess, he's secretly off talking to Leeds / every other club in the Championship / Premier League and he he'll be gone by next week?

I still don't really understand the early leavers. Every evening game I stay until the end and I still get back to my house in North London before midnight. I realise some people have kids with them but if you live in Sussex then you're not going to be home that late. I can't see the point in taking kids to evening games if you're not going to stay the whole game. If its too late from them then don't take them, surely?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
they perceive it's worth it to beat the rush.

No need to rush. Just make enough time in your day for everything you need to do. Rushing around is bollocks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still don't really understand the early leavers. Every evening game I stay until the end and I still get back to my house in North London before midnight. I realise some people have kids with them but if you live in Sussex then you're not going to be home that late. I can't see the point in taking kids to evening games if you're not going to stay the whole game. If its too late from them then don't take them, surely?

Agree

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I was stunned at how many left early on Tuesday. Five minutes to go, 0-0, we're attacking, yet that is cue to flood to the exits apparently. Utterly embarrassing.

People can leave when they want!

I generally choose to leave early because I hate queuing for a bus for hours after the game. I find that if I leave at about 85/86 mins I am usually one of the first on the bus and dont have to wait in a que for ages.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is not another attempt to start a pointless debate, nor have a go at anyone. For those of you who don't have an important reason to leave early, PLEASE stay til the final whistle today. It's a massive game and the lads need our support. :bhasign:

Me thinks its turning into another pointless thread about early leavers ..but do I care nope ..free to debate ..free to leave ..I'll stay anyway

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If the game was at 2pm every Saturday, would the same amount of people still leave early?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People can leave when they want!

I generally choose to leave early because I hate queuing for a bus for hours after the game. I find that if I leave at about 85/86 mins I am usually one of the first on the bus and dont have to wait in a que for ages.

Does it not annoy you that you often miss the most important moments of the game? Especially last season.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
As I have pointed out before if you went to watch a film at the cinema you would not leave ten minutes before the end of the film so why football?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As I have pointed out before if you went to watch a film at the cinema you would not leave ten minutes before the end of the film so why football?

I tend to use the cinema analogy with people who like to stand at games.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hate queuing for a bus for hours after the game.

This isn't the case though is it? Ordinarily what's the longest folk have to queue?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I went to see Spring Breakers on Thursday. It was in my best interests to stay seated and cross legged for a full 10 minutes AFTER the film.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I went to see Spring Breakers on Thursday. It was in my best interests to stay seated and cross legged for a full 10 minutes AFTER the film.

Brilliant!

I saw a trailer and that was bad enough! Dont think I would last the whole film without some break.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
For me it depends who I go with, mates/missus etc then yeah, stay till the bitter end. Taking my 81 year old step dad today though and he's just had his hip done so standing in a long que aint ideal to be fair! Hopefully we're 3-0 up and leaving early won't be such a wrench!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This isn't the case though is it? Ordinarily what's the longest folk have to queue?

Of course it's not, nobody queues for hours. I just don't get it, if it really bothered me so that much that I had to queue for twenty minutes or so for a train, then I wouldn't go in the first place. How can anyone say they don't mind missing last minute winners because they can see them in Sky? Why bother spending the money and going in the first place then? You can see all the goals on Sky and don't have to do any queueing at all. Some people are odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here