Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early leaving

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Live and let live :shrug:

I get enough criticism on here for going for a half time beer early in order to have enough time to drink it, so anyone who happens to want to shoot off early ( I don't ) is ok with me.

Do what you like fella, the OP is a boring dick who's best ignored.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Wouldn't the solution be to kick off the game 5 minutes earlier.

I'll get my coat.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
My friend left the Charlton game on 85 mins. I left at the final whistle and I managed to get into Eastbourne on the same train he was on.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I was stunned at how many left early on Tuesday. Five minutes to go, 0-0, we're attacking, yet that is cue to flood to the exits apparently. Utterly embarrassing.

I thought the Palace song about 'who called a fire drill' sung just before half time, when thousands were streaming out to get a pie, pint or coffee, really amusing. Even more amusing was that many missed that fantastic free kick by Dave. Go early at your peril, its the individuals choice!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is a something that I think Gus could actually help with. If he came out in his press conference before the game and said "guys, we really need you out there, if we're desperate for a goal in the last minute then please don't leave early, it genuinely helps the players, they need you there until the end, roaring them on and forcing that ball into the net", some people would listen. A lot more than will listen to anyone posting it on here, anyway.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
I thought the Palace song about 'who called a fire drill' sung just before half time, when thousands were streaming out to get a pie, pint or coffee, really amusing. Even more amusing was that many missed that fantastic free kick by Dave. Go early at your peril, its the individuals choice!

One guy near me missed all three goals on the 17th having left early before half time and taking a while to get back to his seat after. Not a choice of his I'm sure but a feature of the queues etc etc.

I am indifferent about the whole thing, come and go as you please, go and get a pie and pint whenever... I pay my money to watch the game and that is what I do. What others do is up to them and doesn't ruin my enjoyment whatsoever.

I left after whistle on Tuesday and froze my nuts off waiting for a bus, not great but saw the best chances in the final minutes, do I care that others missed that for leaving early? No.

Sure it takes longer to get home from many other stadia but there is a difference between walking to a tube station with your mates or walking to a nearby pub, keeping relatively warm in the process and standing still in a bus queue for 20-30 minutes on average.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
This is not another attempt to start a pointless debate, nor have a go at anyone. For those of you who don't have an important reason to leave early, PLEASE stay til the final whistle today. It's a massive game and the lads need our support. :bhasign:

Fair enough.

The only part of this issue that hasn't been debated to death is 1. does it really matter and 2. If it does, what can be done about it?

If it makes a difference to results then the club will have to invest in measures to make getting away after the game much quicker. No one wants to leave early having paid for a ticket so they are only doing so because they perceive it's worth it to beat the rush. Certainly we have found leaving 5 mins before the whistle can make an hour difference to when we get home.

So it's up to the club. If they want all the fans to stay to the final whistle then deal with the reason why they choose to leave early.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This is a something that I think Gus could actually help with. If he came out in his press conference before the game and said "guys, we really need you out there, if we're desperate for a goal in the last minute then please don't leave early, it genuinely helps the players, they need you there until the end, roaring them on and forcing that ball into the net", some people would listen. A lot more than will listen to anyone posting it on here, anyway.

Gus would have more pressing problems if his players were looking to the stands for inspiration in the final minutes of a game rather than figuring out what it is they have to do to unlock a defence with their attacking play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They soon shut up when Ulloa scored his first and wasn't heard again during the entire game.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If you want an H or S bus you have to get on the first buses because if you miss them (like I did Tuesday) you have to wait for them to return! There are still big queues at this time for other buses.

40 minutes freezing in a bus queue does rather spoil your match day experience.

So I have a choice. Leave a few mins before the end and catch a bus or clap the players off and wait in a queue for about as long as a half of football.

LIke I said, I do not have a problem with people leaving early and I can see why you would want to duck out early to get your bus. But, do you not fancy staying and having a beer or a cup of tea after the game?...Then taking a stroll to the bus-stop to get the next one.

Albion & ENgland forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What's really needed is walkout music that kicks in on 85 minutes. Suggestions? I'll start...

'If you've gotta go, GO now' :wave:[/

Couple this with an end of match fans zone which randomly focuses on anyone leaving their seat 80 minutes onwards. Full name and address to be displayed on big screen too.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Dunno why people left early, I left on the whistle and made the first train. The train before was like 25 minutes earlier

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do what you like fella, the OP is a boring dick who's best ignored.

?? Actually read my original post - I'm not having a go at anyone.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Do people really get wound up by what others do???...Personally I couldn't give a flying toss if someone wants to leave after 5 mins, doesn't effect me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What's really needed is walkout music that kicks in on 85 minutes. Suggestions? I'll start...

'If you've gotta go, GO now' :wave:[/

Couple this with an end of match fans zone which randomly focuses on anyone leaving their seat 80 minutes onwards. Full name and address to be displayed on big screen too.

Followed by having to queue up and swipe out through the turnstiles and having loyalty points deducted automatically :lol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Or he could get Oatway to say it...seeing as he seems to be taking most of the press calls lately,,,for some strange reason???????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here