[Albion] Duffy post Celtic loan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Any Celtic fans who see reports on today's game are going to be very confused.

Pleased he’s at last been given a chance, he deserves more games

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m chuffed for him, really felt for him at Celtic last season.

From our player of the season to, understandably due to GP’s tactics, being dropped from the team to the shit that happened to him last season. Loan to Forest once we have players back?

Proper CH player :thumbsup:

Proper defender.
You need at least one, fortunately we have Dunk who is the complete specimen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I’m sure he played over 90% of the SPL games and the handful of European games with Celtic also… there’s a certain level he has been playing at

You and I both know this has nothing to do with the point you were making about communication between Dunk and Duffy. Or the point l made in response to yours.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Anyone else feel like he is being a proper club pro until the end of the window. Helping us out when we need him & then being sold or loaned? Reckon Paul vann Hecke, or whatever his name is, will be kept, & veltman & burn, leaving Duffy to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Duffy played well today, best defender for us by a stretch. It was his kind of game, he had one specific job and he did it. Wood . . . No oak up front, more balsa by 5 o'clock, properly nailed down.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can't understand why this thread was started after he had played so well.

It was started at half time when we were losing. Scapegoating. He was one of our better players in the first half, too, as evidence of this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Big Shane was willing to play about 8-10 games this season, he’d be an ideal squad member.

Appreciate he probably feels he needs more than that, for his international place as much as anything.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Also credit to Potter’s pragmatism. He selects based on what he has at his disposal and is required for the match not some notion of whether the person is a”Potter type player”.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Big Shane was willing to play about 8-10 games this season, he’d be an ideal squad member.

Appreciate he probably feels he needs more than that, for his international place as much as anything.

Exactly, and I cannot see him being willing to do that if he is given a choice. He is much too good at what he does to be drafted in to a team not really set up for his style of play, just here and there. He’d be an ideal player at Burnley but I’d hate him to go there.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Exactly, and I cannot see him being willing to do that if he is given a choice

If game time was the most important part, he could probably have taken a fat wage cut and moved to some top club in the Championship.

He does seem like more of multifaceted man than "just a football player" however and I think regardless of game time he is probably just very happy to be out of the dysfunctional toxic Celtic.

In GPs first season, Duffy didnt play a lot but looked quite jolly anyway and he seems to have a good relation to both the manager and the squad. Think that might be the most important thing after that heartbreaking last year.

Obviously if a good team comes along and gives him a good offer, I think the club would sell and that Shane would move. I see it as pretty unlikely however. My guess is that he will remain with Brighton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If game time was the most important part, he could probably have taken a fat wage cut and moved to some top club in the Championship.

He does seem like more of multifaceted man than "just a football player" however and I think regardless of game time he is probably just very happy to be out of the dysfunctional toxic Celtic.

In GPs first season, Duffy didnt play a lot but looked quite jolly anyway and he seems to have a good relation to both the manager and the squad. Think that might be the most important thing after that heartbreaking last year.

Obviously if a good team comes along and gives him a good offer, I think the club would sell and that Shane would move. I see it as pretty unlikely however. My guess is that he will remain with Brighton.

You won’t hear me complaining if he does stay. There are some games and times in games where you need a “cometh the hour, cometh the man”

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You won’t hear me complaining if he does stay. There are some games and times in games where you need a “cometh the hour, cometh the man”

Proper defender though and we struggled during the first half of last season aerially without him, especially as White was quite fragile in the air when challenged.

Shame he can’t play more with the ball at his feet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yup. And I think there is a fair chance (for good and ban) he'll play a bit more than people expect. Right now I assume both BDB and Veltman would be picked ahead of him but that may or may not be the case, especially since Veltman is probably going to have to play RB/RWB the next couple of months or so.

I appreciated how Duffy tried to adapt to the team yesterday. There were some situations where he looked wonky on the ball - there was one situation where Webster made a dangerous crossball to him (that White or Veltman would have handled with ease) and he looked as if he was thinking "who the f*ck do you think I am" - but also situations where it seemed he had learned quite a lot from two straight seasons of playing in teams that play out from the back. There was one situation in the second half where Burnley went into pressure with their two forwards and he just made a good and brave pass between them to find a free Bissouma, and it made me all warm inside. 92% pass accuracy is also very good even if most of the passes was just about giving the ball to someone else.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Proper defender though and we struggled during the first half of last season aerially without him, especially as White was quite fragile in the air when challenged.

Shame he can’t play more with the ball at his feet.

It is. Yesterday suited his style of play and he made the most of it. Up against ball playing teams he’ll have problems. It’s a case of playing him in games to match his strengths rather than his weaknesses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports