Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy post Celtic loan

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’m not convinced about him in the side long term but he was good today and it was great to see him in the stripes again. Will always be an Albion legend.

He still has a role to play as proved today, perfect choice to counter the threat of Wood, once Potter had sorted out a defensive formation that worked. As the season goes on if we are defending a narrow lead or hanging on to a draw right at the death Duffy as an option off the bench could also be useful to help us over the line.

I bet Shane is more than made up tonight too, he had a torrid time at Celtic last season, today will have been a bit of retribution for the big man.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
It's almost as if it was the first Premier League match Dunk and Duffy had played together in more than a season - oh, wait a minute...it was!

I’m sure he played over 90% of the SPL games and the handful of European games with Celtic also… there’s a certain level he has been playing at

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Horses for courses - excellent today and mostly nullified their aerial threat. White would likely have had more of a struggle incidentally.......

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He still has a role to play as proved today, perfect choice to counter the threat of Wood, once Potter had sorted out a defensive formation that worked. As the season goes on if we are defending a narrow lead or hanging on to a draw right at the death Duffy as an option off the bench could also be useful to help us over the line.

I bet Shane is more than made up tonight too, he had a torrid time at Celtic last season, today will have been a bit of retribution for the big man.

He was perfect for today’s opponents but they are a one off in this league. If we’re going to play a back three most of the season, he’s just not the right fit in that position as you need someone who’s able to use the ball and progress more like White did.

If we’re going to play a back 4 more often (which I would actually with the squad we currently have) then it’s a different story and he would be the perfect third choice centre back after Dunk and Webster.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Against Burnley he was the right player - was always going to be a fight against Wood

Agreed, playing Burnley is very much a war of attrition and a very difficult place to play football, you need to be able to stand up for yourself to have half a chance.

Big Shame Duffy is the ideal player to do that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Will probably be on the :drink: as we speak. :)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
When Sanchez got his mojo back it was nice to see Duffy giving him a couple of his trademark friendly shoves. Missed those last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m chuffed for him, really felt for him at Celtic last season.

From our player of the season to, understandably due to GP’s tactics, being dropped from the team to the shit that happened to him last season. Loan to Forest once we have players back?

Proper CH player :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

From our player of the season to, understandably due to GP’s tactics, being dropped from the team to the shit that happened to him last season. Loan to Forest once we have players back?

A complete epitome of a Chris Hughton defender l would say.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Would require CH to have a job at the end of the month.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The clip of Duffy playing for his beloved Celtic:

The gif of Dunk n Duffy playing together at his true love, BHA:

** can anyone find the gif of the two doors slamming shut that was posted by some genius on here? ** (maybe only I remember it?! Was brilliant you get past one then the other slams the door shut type thing) . Annoyed I can't find it on here with a search.

From a shakey start I thought Dunk n Duffy were great reunited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here