Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy post Celtic loan

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Surely if Duffy plays well he stays in the team? Isn’t that the idea of having a squad - every player should have a chance.

Who knows if he’ll keep his place for the whole season - but if he can play like that v Burnley, I can’t see how he couldn’t against the likes of Deeney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
DBD injury will give Duffy a run in the team - which may well last quite a while IMO

Brentford away you would expect Duffy to have Toney in his back pocket - whereas Toney owned White on Friday night

The two home games in GP first season when Duffy on bench when we lost 1-0 to Burnley and Shef Utd were a travesty; Duffy was made for those games, instead we had beaten by a long ball Webster who admittedly has improved no end since then

When Veltman came into team last season he cemented a place through never say die performances - my hunch is Duffy will do the same this year

I can see Toney running Duffy ragged tbh..

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I thought he started pretty poor but grew as the game went on. He was probably our best defender yesterday, Webster was the weak link. Definitely need Veltman and/or Lamptey back in the team.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He’ll never let us down will he? Despite some really good performances over the last two season we still have a few players that regularly put in absolute stinkers but he won’t. He will never stop fighting. I’m convinced if Burn can put decent performances in so can Shane, and some. He’ll get better too- he’s had a torrid time of it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really DESPISE this Anti-Duffy rhetoric. The DunkDuffy combo kept us up a season or two back.

Webster = DuffyLite.

Duffy prob only got shipped out in the first place for failing to even try to mask his disdain at Potter's soppy bollox nonsense

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
When I saw him admittedly on TV against Getafe my first impression was how lithe and fit he looked, maybe his torrid time at his boyhood heroes has concentrated his mind and realised Top professionals are just that as they look after themselves first and foremost, maybe he realises how fortunate he is being a professional footballer and hopefully wants to remain at the top for as long as he can to make the most of his career, it's certainly how I would expect myself to be if he were me. Welcome back Big man hope its for a long time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He’ll never let us down will he? Despite some really good performances over the last two season we still have a few players that regularly put in absolute stinkers but he won’t. He will never stop fighting. I’m convinced if Burn can put decent performances in so can Shane, and some. He’ll get better too- he’s had a torrid time of it.

Duffy is good in very specific situations, but overall is too slow mentally and physically and needs two touches most of the time. He’s 29 now, he will not get faster and I doubt he will improve his touch.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Really DESPISE this Anti-Duffy rhetoric. The DunkDuffy combo kept us up a season or two back.

Webster = DuffyLite.

Duffy prob only got shipped out in the first place for failing to even try to mask his disdain at Potter's soppy bollox nonsense

bit desperate, making stuff up again to bolster your pathetic anti potter campaign,

words for the sake of them; now who said that, yesterday, scotch fellah, hmmmmmmmm?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

This is a devils advocate post
The Palace game with the head butt that lead to a red card ?
If Harry Potter believe s SD can do a job still
I will happily go along with it Just hope he doesn't become a Bong like scapegoat if things go a little awry

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Duffy is good in very specific situations, but overall is too slow mentally and physically and needs two touches most of the time. He’s 29 now, he will not get faster and I doubt he will improve his touch.

Better skill does not always equate with better footballer - what we know about Duffy is that he will generally give 100%, is good in the air & blocking and (hopefully) won't try to do the clever stuff. Agree he hasn't progressed over the last 3 years but 3 years ago he was our player of the season and yes I accept hopefully our standards are higher now.

He did a good job yesterday , I guess Potter has to try to work out how he could fit him in the squad and how many games Veltman and BDB are likely to miss...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The other reason to have Duffy, is that even if you don't start him, there are bound to be games (like the 20 or so last season) where we need a goal, we've been tip tapping around the box for 85 minutes without success and we will now have the battering ram option.

Stick him up there and lift a couple up to the back post. It's what our opponents would least want us to do

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Watched the whole game today. Duffy was a passionate and capable Prem League centre back against Burnley, driving Webster, Dunk and Sanchez to improve as the game wore on. Make no mistake, his performance, courage and encouragement drove the back five to raise their levels and find their feet in a de facto captain's performance from the back as they struggled to shake off the match rust in front of a hostile crowd. Let's also not forget, this was Sanchez's first Premier League game in front of a fullish stadium. Imho Duffy was MoM. Whether it buys him more game time, who knows. But he did a great job against Burnley.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I meant better than yesterday the more he plays this season, I’m not expecting to him to suddenly become Baresi.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This is a devils advocate post
The Palace game with the head butt that lead to a red card ?
If Harry Potter believe s SD can do a job still
I will happily go along with it Just hope he doesn't become a Bong like scapegoat if things go a little awry

Are you suggesting other members of the squad could have delivered a better head but?

I grant you Stephens as you wouldn’t see or expect it side on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Are you suggesting other members of the squad could have delivered a better head but?

I grant you Stephens as you wouldn’t see or expect it side on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No as stated devils advocate ie stirring it
Depending on your view you could either castigate or cannonise SD for the headbutt cos it's Palarse
Against most other teams Pompey Tw@ts excluded
He would be deemed to have let the team down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here