Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy post Celtic loan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really DESPISE this Anti-Duffy rhetoric. The DunkDuffy combo kept us up a season or two back.

Webster = DuffyLite.

Duffy prob only got shipped out in the first place for failing to even try to mask his disdain at Potter's soppy bollox nonsense

Crumbs. ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"a dribbling dementia case", pathetic.

I really don't think [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION] was being pejorative.

One assumes you have first hand experience of dementia via family/friends. My sympathies.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Did you see our promotion season? Very few championship forwards got the better of Duffy. Also Chris Wood got very little yesterday.

I did but that was a long time ago, I grant you he did brilliantly yesterday but I watched various SPL strikers get behind him last season, pacey players will run behind him especially playing in a back 3.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Love to keep him as the Dunk n Duffy partnership is a special one. However, he will be on rather high wages for a squad player playing just here and there....

If our preferred formation is to play 3 centre-backs, he will get plenty of game time.

Increasingly our wage bill will grow and I suspect he is currently a mid-range salary.
We have a definite need for him, even if it's just a defensive option on the bench.

Players like AJ, Ryan and Davy have been shipped out because they were unlikely to even make the bench this season.
That isn't going to be the case with Duffy. As it stands he'll make every match-day squad.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What happened about Nat Phillips? Did he go somewhere? Are we still in for him? (been on holiday)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What happened about Nat Phillips? Did he go somewhere? Are we still in for him? (been on holiday)

GPs words on the CB situation is pretty much as close as you can get to "we wont sign another defender".

Love to keep him as the Dunk n Duffy partnership is a special one. However, he will be on rather high wages for a squad player playing just here and there....

Indeed, and that is probably the main reason he will most likely be staying.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All the money for a new central defender will have been diverted into the Striker + Left back fund.

2 more signings only this window.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Yet we’ve dealt with Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, City… I’m definitely not shitting it against Brentford.

Not saying we need to shit our self but overlooking them would be stupid considering how bad we were against the lesser teams last season. Duffy was brilliant but pace in behind is something we need to be mindful of in future games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here