Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drum in the North Stand?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No, please no...just awful..drums are for fans who can't create an atmosphere without musical instruments..

Exactly and atmosphere is fine at moment without one. Besides Portsmouth have one so that reenforces how shit they are

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4338132 said:
The England brass band really gets the crowd going at games.

And Wilko I agree, the ultras song has been mullered! I can't keep up with it now it literally makes me out of breath.

You've just said it, it's a brass band not just a drum.

Big no from me.

We've sung in time at the Goldstone for years, why is it so difficult now?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Do it, we've got songs being sung at warp speed 9 by most and then there's a couple of goons In the back row of the north, who take it to the other extreme and sing extra slowly to prove a point, where in fact somewhere in the middle of the two would be just about right.
A drum might just help !

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
yes or no ???

would get a good atmosphere going- Bristol City used to kick up a stink with their drum next to the away fans. i remember it being quite hostile and gets everyone singing in time.

When I lived in Bristol I used to go to Ashton gate quite a bit and had the misfortune of sitting right in front of the drummer- it was f***ing irritating. Big no from me- although I guess the family stand kids might enjoy it....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am 50/50 long for the songs of the past but respect the new blood,i would imagine the Amex filled with the Brighton fans from the late 1970's would have all 4 roofs blown off with the atmosphere of that era-but that will never happen.

Drums can work,in small doses..

Chunk

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Dunno about drums, but that solo rattle in Block C is pretty poor. With the greatest respect.to said rattle virtuoso.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
NO!!!!!!!!! FFS this Ultra shite is enough as it,we are not Italian,neither are we Palace with this gay "Ultras" shite,turn it in FFS.

It's not so bad. DO you take part in the merriment?

It's pleasing when you start singing on your own, and someone else starts singing a good song. Means you're not obliged to sit down and shh for a minute till the atmosphere picks up again.

Agreed that the Ultras are on their high horse (we sing at them countless times and they ignore us! lol) but without them the poor folks in the east stand especially wouldn't seldom be singing - rather not at all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4338145 said:
True dat - SBTS can't be drummed to though.

It was a regimental march so therefore could be drummed to. The main problem with the singing too fast is because people are clapping too fast. Slow down the clapping and the song slows down. A drum isn't needed if enough people leading the singing also slow down the clapping.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
100% yes. Bring it on.

images

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
NO! End of.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Please god no. Atmosphere is fine a drum would be annoying an artificial, I'm up for generating a good atmosphere but all this ultra shit is embarrasing, just sing.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
No for me, just because the drum at Crewe always really annoyed me when we have visited Gresty Road in recent years. Having said that, Crewe's drum is used in lieu of any other noise from the home fans.

Feb 14, 2010
How poxy can you get? Don't be daft. If you need a drum to get an atmosphere then you miss the point of football entirely. The atmos at the amex is good anyway.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes. If it fails to work you will soon know about it but as an alternative to what we have it should be worth a go. The atmosphere against Posh was quiet compared to other matches and sometimes a bit of co-ordination of noise helps.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
NO NO NEVER EVER. Awful idea.

Its not like we need it anyway, the atmosphere so far has been superb and as the bigger sides come to town will only get better!!!

Once again NO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here