Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donald Trump's claim that he's made lots of sacrifices for America

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What stuns me is that nobody here or anywhere else dares to acknowledge how terrifying Clinton is as well. If she was in any other election against almost anyone else with her track record especially recently she'd never have stood a chance. Well, unless she rigged it like she did her nomination.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I hope Trump wins, so far his tactics are good.

He has all the characteristics of a troll and trolls know what to do. The Democrat convention among other things is when they played the victim card, Kahn etc, a passive aggressive attack. Faced with this you do not back down but ride it out.The Democrats mistake was that the victim card should be played last not first, Trump can ride it out.People will grow tired if the Dems keep trying to play it. It looks liketheir campaign is going to be total pants.

A Trump win will be good to turn the tide of the globalists, to this term I mean those who argue that global trade is intrinsic to open borders for mass migration, it is not and has never been that way.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What stuns me is that nobody here or anywhere else dares to acknowledge how terrifying Clinton is as well. If she was in any other election against almost anyone else with her track record especially recently she'd never have stood a chance. Well, unless she rigged it like she did her nomination.

Terrifying? Used an FBI server for private emails, charged for speaking at private functions.......am I missing something. I thought she was just your average politician lacking in charisma.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's OK, Labour had the woman to woman campaign and then attended a meeting where the men and women where separated. Will never forget this one. We are the ignorant ones apparently.

What on earth am I to do with the Labour Party?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Terrifying? Used an FBI server for private emails, charged for speaking at private functions.......am I missing something. I thought she was just your average politician lacking in charisma.
Yep. Amazing the bullshit people swallow though when it's fed to them by a massively biased media.

Hilary has been turned into a demonic witch by the right wing media for doing far less wrong than the likes of Bush, Cameron, Blair, Johnson, her husband etc etc. Let alone Trump. It's madness.

She's no angel but she's a politician (and an American one at that) so what do you expect?

The idea that's it's a choice between nutty Donald and evil Hilary might just deliver the biggest **** up in the history of the World.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
You would .....

Melania.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nigel Farage and the Brexiters, Donald Trump and the Republicans - peas from the same pod. For all our sakes let's hope it's not a double.

To be fair, it never seemed that Farage ever wanted to be PM, and he has gone of his own volition. And also, to be fair, the real villain of Brexit (if you were against it) was Cameron, for allowing a referendum on it in the first place, without making any plans how to do a Brexit in the evenbt he lost (and gambling he would win). Way back when (in a conversation with an engaging 'opponent' in the Brexit debate on here) I predicted Brexit and he, in favour of it, predicted remain. I am now going to predict . . . that Trump will be elected president. I hope I am wrong this time. I expect he will agree with me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What stuns me is that nobody here or anywhere else dares to acknowledge how terrifying Clinton is as well.

just what is terrifying about Clinton? as far as i can tell she has naively used an unsecured email server for state related work (allegedly), had a massive cockup on her watch in Benghazi, and has the name "Clinton" which is toxic to the Republicans. oh, and she's "flip-flopped" on numerous issues with is both a heinous crime and par for the course in American politics. if it was another woman i dont think there would be half the vilification, i dont recall any great controversy over her career as Senator or early role as Secretary of State.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Oh do fvck off.

I don't think I will if that's all right... Farage's and Trump's messages seem to have plenty in common. Foreigners are ganging up on us, immigrants are swamping us, the Establishment doesn't understand us... Give us back our country! Make us great again! That sort of thing, plus a general lack of detail policy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope Trump wins, so far his tactics are good.
A Trump win will be good to turn the tide of the globalists, to this term I mean those who argue that global trade is intrinsic to open borders for mass migration, it is not and has never been that way.

Rather than do what I have done in the past (call you an idiot or somesuch :lolol:)...... I'll accept that when he becomes pres, he may well haul back the 'world policeman' thing and focus on the US. The Americans have a bad record of interfering around the world, starting wars they can't finish etc. Focusing on themselves and avoiding anti commy, anti Islam 'crusades' would be a good thing.

Unfortunately Trump won't be able to resist, and it will be more of the same (albeit he will be picking fights more close to home, with Mexico and Canada, before venturing forth). But if one American gets kidnapped in Syria, he'll be all for 'globalisation' (well, 'standing up for America').

Mind you, he will have his hands tied. Senate and Congress will undoubtedly keep him in check, just as they did with Clinton mark 1, and Obama. Checks and balances.

So in the end it doesn't really matter who wins Pres. The US have too many checks and balances to allow a lunatic to run riot.

And, the one bit of your post I profoundly don't agree with - I hope he doesn't win . . . . but he probably will. :bigwave:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As a English person living in the US for the last 15 years, this round of elections is by far the scariest, weirdest and most strange that I have witnessed.

Initially, the prospect of Trump getting close to the Presidency was laughable, but due to a lack of strong opposition within the RNC, a large number of people being fed up with the prospect of another Clinton in office (the whole Bush/Clinton family thing has become nationally tiresome over the last 4 elections) and Trump cashing in on the fear that many people here have of ISIS and terrorism in general, has allowed him to squirm his way to finals.

Unfortunately it is not the people that live in the horseshoe states (the states that are on the West Coast, along the Canadian Border and down the East Coast), it is the strange states in the middle of the horseshoe that have pushed for this to happen. The residents of the middle of the horseshoe states are the ones that don't travel, have the passports, have lived in these places all their lives, have guns, trucks and narrow vision when it comes to life in general.

If Trump is able to rally enough idiots in the swing states that traditionally have no set loyalty to a party, then he will scarily win, a concept that is becoming harder and harder to get to grips with. My only hope is that he will do,or say something, or the Democratic party have something very damaging on him that they holding on to which will take him down at a critical time.

I’ve been living in the States for 8 years now and agree with your post, it is a quite unsettling period. This guy is just a second rate game show host who you wouldn’t trust to run a whelk store. Best comment I heard at work was “it’s like watching the Charlie Sheen meltdown all over again”. The GOP now seems to be starting to panic and look for an alternative candidate but have only themselves to blame for creating a party over the last 10 years where such a candidate can be elected. I think your comment about hoping he will say or do something stupid may already be coming to fruition with his comments about the Khan family where he seems to be digging a big hole for himself. One thing you don’t do in America is criticize the family of a dead war hero, that is going beyond the pale and has resonated with Americans of all political persuasions. The New York Times carried a piece today about how Trump is refusing to endorse the re-election of two prominent Republicans, Paul Ryan and John McCain which will further widen the gap between him and some sections of the GOP. A lot of Americans dislike and do not trust Hillary Clinton and a lot of Bernie Sanders supporters have said they will not vote for her but I believe and hope that when push comes to shove they will vote for the lesser of two evils to ensure Trump is not given the keys to the White House.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Rather than do what I have done in the past (call you an idiot or somesuch :lolol:)...... I'll accept that when he becomes pres, he may well haul back the 'world policeman' thing and focus on the US. The Americans have a bad record of interfering around the world, starting wars they can't finish etc. Focusing on themselves and avoiding anti commy, anti Islam 'crusades' would be a good thing.

Unfortunately Trump won't be able to resist, and it will be more of the same (albeit he will be picking fights more close to home, with Mexico and Canada, before venturing forth). But if one American gets kidnapped in Syria, he'll be all for 'globalisation' (well, 'standing up for America').

Mind you, he will have his hands tied. Senate and Congress will undoubtedly keep him in check, just as they did with Clinton mark 1, and Obama. Checks and balances.

So in the end it doesn't really matter who wins Pres. The US have too many checks and balances to allow a lunatic to run riot.

And, the one bit of your post I profoundly don't agree with - I hope he doesn't win . . . . but he probably will. :bigwave:

The problem is, mainly on the left here, is that when they say a world policemen they mean a world social worker which is totally different and even worse. A classic example is Merkal trying to save all Syrians and letting her own country going to ruin in the process. Or Obama letting Iran develope nuclear tech etc, hoping that will pacify them. The outcomes of both those policies in the long run will be far worse than an untethered world policeman who bashes the bad guys then walks away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The problem is, mainly on the left here, is that when they say a world policemen they mean a world social worker which is totally different and even worse. A classic example is Merkal trying to save all Syrians and letting her own country going to ruin in the process. Or Obama letting Iran develope nuclear tech etc, hoping that will pacify them. The outcomes of both those policies in the long run will be far worse than an untethered world policeman who bashes the bad guys then walks away.

Well compared to you I am 'left'. By world policeman I mean the nation with the big sticks and guns, and ready to use them. And world policemen should never walk away, so I disagree with your notion. No change there, then :shrug:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
just what is terrifying about Clinton? as far as i can tell she has naively used an unsecured email server for state related work (allegedly), had a massive cockup on her watch in Benghazi, and has the name "Clinton" which is toxic to the Republicans. oh, and she's "flip-flopped" on numerous issues with is both a heinous crime and par for the course in American politics. if it was another woman i dont think there would be half the vilification, i dont recall any great controversy over her career as Senator or early role as Secretary of State.
I too am genuinely puzzled by what she has done to be labelled a criminal and "the devil". Any-one care to enlighten me (and I think beorhthelm has dealt with Benghazi and emailgate unless he has missed some important point)?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I too am genuinely puzzled by what she has done to be labelled a criminal and "the devil". Any-one care to enlighten me (and I think beorhthelm has dealt with Benghazi and emailgate unless he has missed some important point)?
T'is about gender.

White American Man is feeling the squeeze and not prepared to give an inch of 'power' without a fight.

Just look into sex, abortion, women's rights, representation etc.
You only have to listen to The Donald talking about women to know how screwed some aspects of American life are becoming.

I listen to Greg Proops' podcast.
He's a passionate and committed feminist who weekly highlights some of the huge injustices that some American women face.
Even if you scale his rhetoric down by 90% he still talks about some pretty horrifying issues, which seem to be centred around the south.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Amazing how close America's right wing Christian politics are to the screwed up version of Islam pushed by Daesh, when it comes to women in particular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here