Donald Trump's claim that he's made lots of sacrifices for America

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Well, not if they get shot first.

Has Trump finally crossed the line today - think that's one of the most outrageous things I've heard any mainstream politician say

That will get his gun loving supporters frothing at the mouth. The bile and hatred that comes from that man is saddening. The fact that people applaud and agree with his sweeping statements on race, religion, economics and foreign policy makes me wonder about us as a human race.

It has been said many times before but the guy really is a arsehat.

Hopefully, the comments regarding the Khan family are enough to be final nails in his political coffin. Even his own party have had enough of him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, not if they get shot first.

Has Trump finally crossed the line today - think that's one of the most outrageous things I've heard any mainstream politician say
Today.
Let's not tie The Donald down, this'll keep his fans happy so now the ball is rolling he'll not stop pushing.

Hopefully, the comments regarding the Khan family are enough to be final nails in his political coffin. Even his own party have had enough of him.
All forgotten about.

Explode a bomb, wait a couple of days then explode another one, plate spinning politics with Don.
Hilary can't 'stoop down to his level', if for no other reason than he'd eat her alive.

So all she can do is (if you'll forgive the phrase) keep loading the gun and hand it to him, a la The Khan's.

The problem is Don's demographic of WASP's want him to keep shooting - (sorry I really wish there was a better analogy, but it's early)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The problem is Don's demographic of WASP's want him to keep shooting - (sorry I really wish there was a better analogy, but it's early)

It's bonkers though.

As one of my colleagues put it; if someone with a brown skin had spoken about assassination so openly, he'd be wearing an orange jumpsuit now

EDIT. I wrote that before I saw what Michael Hayden, former director of the CIA and National Security Agency had to say. “If someone had have said that outside the hall he’d be in the back of a police wagon now with the secret service questioning him.”

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It happened here earlier in the year... after a couple of days of umbrage...he said it was a joke.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/28/c...-shooting-prime-minister-over-refugee-policy/

“If you want to get rid of any politician, including the president, there is only one democratic way and that is a free election, which will take place in a year,” Zeman said. “And then there is an undemocratic path that is called ‘Kalashnikov.'”

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The scary thing is, there's more than enough tooled-up nutjobs in the USA to act on Trumps words. What if someone actually has a pop at her between now and the Election, or at some point if / when she reaches the White House ?

Unreal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hindsight says Trump is the natural progression of the Tea Party.

It was always clear the direction that movement was taking as it rallied behind the likes of Sarah Palin. (not so mad now, is she!!)

When the Republican elder statesmen, The Bush's, McConnell, Graham, Roberts et al embraced to Tea Party instead of cutting them adrift it was only a matter of time before the entire party ate itself and was held to ransom by a reality show celebrity.
(ok so nobody could quite see that last bit coming, but crucially nobody is surprised now it's here)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Bloody hell, I can't believe he said that. He really seems to have no idea how his actions could be damaging.

Worse though, look at all of the drips behind him. ONLY ONE person seemed to react to what he said. They're THAT thick.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    550.5 KB · Views: 54

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody hell, I can't believe he said that. He really seems to have no idea how his actions could be damaging.

Worse though, look at all of the drips behind him. ONLY ONE person seemed to react to what he said. They're THAT thick.

It's scary just how many women are there out of such a diverse group.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What I don't get is that his polling figures are so high. There are a lot of disaffected people out there so I understand that some will put aside his obvious unsuitability but, according to the polls, he's attracting between 35 to 40 percent - that's extraordinarily high for someone deemed not fit to be president ... by members of his own party

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Hindsight says Trump is the natural progression of the Tea Party.

It was always clear the direction that movement was taking as it rallied behind the likes of Sarah Palin. (not so mad now, is she!!)

When the Republican elder statesmen, The Bush's, McConnell, Graham, Roberts et al embraced to Tea Party instead of cutting them adrift it was only a matter of time before the entire party ate itself and was held to ransom by a reality show celebrity.
(ok so nobody could quite see that last bit coming, but crucially nobody is surprised now it's here)

Ted Cruz was a scarier prospect than DJT.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would more worried about Clinton not being fit to make the five years. Very very strange woman.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What I don't get is that his polling figures are so high. There are a lot of disaffected people out there so I understand that some will put aside his obvious unsuitability but, according to the polls, he's attracting between 35 to 40 percent - that's extraordinarily high for someone deemed not fit to be president ... by members of his own party

I look at it with Brexit eyes.
Coupled with a 24 hour rolling news cycle that thrives on sensationalism.

Donald's campaign is basically you have a majority in the major cities and I'll have everywhere else.
In America there's an awful lot of everywhere.

A decent percentage of Americans would never vote for a black 'Muslim'.
They don't want him, like him, trust him or believe anything he says.
It's easy to tell white people how scared they should be, when the person with the facts about falling crime numbers is Obama.

It's hard not to think that percentage gets higher when talking about a women with the surname Clinton.

Then you have the Republican states enforcing their own voter restriction laws.
How they are not proposed by someone wearing a white sheet is beyond me.

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/8/1/courts_strike_down_voter_restriction_laws

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and here's a stat that popped up to me today, that I don't quite know what to do with:-

According to Bruce Airans (NFL head coach)

'68% of the 2016 draft (that's 172 athletes from 253) came from single parent families or were raised by their grandparents'.

As said I don't know what to do with that, other than be a bit gobsmacked.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

He's still the republican candidate, so he's going to pick up support there anyway. Clinton is widely disliked and would likely be losing against any other candidate (maybe not Cruz), and it's mostly a binary system people voting against her will go for Trump (maybe Johnson, but probably not). Plus Tea Party followers etc... seem to like him, so that's a solid chunk of votes too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He's still the republican candidate, so he's going to pick up support there anyway. Clinton is widely disliked and would likely be losing against any other candidate (maybe not Cruz), and it's mostly a binary system people voting against her will go for Trump (maybe Johnson, but probably not). Plus Tea Party followers etc... seem to like him, so that's a solid chunk of votes too.

I get all that. But he's also called on the Russian state to hack into a presidential candidate's emails, attacked the family of an American war hero and has been deemed a security threat by several high-level officials.

I know he's the official candidate but, normally, if a US politician was deemed a security threat by the CIA or had too close a link with Russia, he or she would never get the support from the people you're talking about.

Can you imagine Bubba and Zeke in West Virginia

Bubba: Waal now, the CIA has said Trump is not fit to be president
Zeke; That the fella who got close to the Russians?
Bubba: Yah, same one who got ornery with the dead war hero's folks
Zeke: Sounds like some sort of commie
Bubba: Sure does (paus) ah'm gonna vote for him
Zeke (takes slug from moonshine): Me too ... sounds like the sort of fella to run Merica down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports