Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog towed behind car.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Would love to tie the **** to the back of my car. Would fill up with petrol and just keep driving till i have run out completely. Whatever is left of him would be dipped in varnish and left as a statue outside the rspca

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This isn't on the same level as the lady who threw a cat in a wheelie bin. This is pure evil.

Never said it was. Only making the point that any animal case always draws a massive amount of publicity and he will be subjected to all sorts of threats from various avenues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never said it was. Only making the point that any animal case always draws a massive amount of publicity and he will be subjected to all sorts of threats from various avenues.

shall we run a sweep on how long it is before his Porsche is torched?

Just as an aside, how do you know that someone else didn't tie the dog to his car and he genuinely didn't see it?

I am genuinely hoping this is the case, as I said earlier I simply cannot believe anyone would do this on purpose.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Surely you'd see/hear/feel that there is something dragging behind the car? And why leave the dog at a layby and then scarper if that was the case?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
BREAKING NEWS Worthing man arrested for A27 animal cruelty
9:35am Tuesday 22nd November 2011

Skip social links
Print
Email
Comments(23)

A 33-year-old Worthing man has been arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after a dog was discovered dead at the side of the A27 on Sunday, November 20.

The man handed himself into Worthing Police Station last night (Monday, November 21) and remains in custody today (Tuesday, November 22).

Police were alerted to the dog's death after a witness reported seeing a car being driven at the Devils Dyke car park in Brighton dragging a dog behind it at around 10pm on Sunday.

The dog, a beagle collie cross, was then found in a lay-by on the A27 to the west of the Southwick Tunnel.

Anyone who witnessed the incident who has not yet spoken to police is asked to contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 1416 of 20/11.

Surely you'd see/hear/feel that there is something dragging behind the car? And why leave the dog at a layby and then scarper if that was the case?

Noisy car, stiff suspension, engine at the back, poor visibility. I'm just looking for and hoping for some explanation that it was an accident.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The moral of this story is never play tug-o-war with a Porsche.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone who thinks a dog owner ties their dog to the bumper and then makes a second mistake by forgetting its there clearly doesn't own one....be the same as putting your child on the roof and driving off. It just doesn't happen so stop trying to be mischievous you lot and create an element of doubt; which is probably this idiots only line of defence. Still animal cruelty. He's not fit to own a goldfish if he's that forgetful and stupid. Let's face it, this guy knew what he was doing, and thankfully has been caught. Hopefully he'll get a couple of months which is likely the most we can realistically hope for.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Do you know the circumstances of this incident? I suspect not. Is it not feasible that he forgot the dog was tied to the car and drove off, remembered and panicked? I seem to recall a similar story last year in Crawley. Best if you get off your high horse until you know the facts.

Now I've calmed down a bit after the initial shock of reading the story. I have to say I agree with you

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Is driving off and leaving the dog in a layby not the equivalent of a hit and run type situation?

Is tying dogs to cars normal practice for dog owners? (genuine question as I've never owned one but I can't say I've ever noticed it)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here