Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog towed behind car.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
They say they took the dog to a vet who has identified it which probably means it was chipped.

They haven't been able to contact the owner. At the risk of putting 2 and 2 together to make 4, that probable means the owner was the culprit and he is laying low.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Awful story, can imagine someone like this going on to commit a much worse crime against a human being in the future.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can this thread be deleted please. Just seeing the title on the board upsets me.
And yes, I know I'm pathetic.

stupendor

Feb 21, 2010
I don't mean to be flippant, but did you not think to call them at the time?

It was a fleeting moment, we were heading in opposite directions. Corner of eye thing in the dark on a foggy night on unlit road. Only when I heard the appeal did I realise my eyes weren't deceiving me. I did turn and chase to check what I may have seen but got stuck behind another car who was going super slowly, who may have got a better view than me easlier as they were heading in same direction. I saw nothing of the Porsche/driver, in fact, I couldn't even make out the colour of the car.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was a fleeting moment, we were heading in opposite directions. Corner of eye thing in the dark on a foggy night on unlit road. Only when I heard the appeal did I realise my eyes weren't deceiving me. I did turn and chase to check what I may have seen but got stuck behind another car who was going super slowly, who may have got a better view than me easlier as they were heading in same direction. I saw nothing of the Porsche/driver, in fact, I couldn't even make out the colour of the car.

Fair enough :thumbsup: I guess it's the sort of thing you might think you'd imagined, until someone else brings it up.

stupendor

Feb 21, 2010
Fair enough :thumbsup: I guess it's the sort of thing you might think you'd imagined, until someone else brings it up.

Yeah, I am useless as an actual witness but I thought maybe the car I got stuck behind might have seen something. If they haven't come forward yet I've passed make/model of that on to police.

stupendor

Feb 21, 2010

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, I am useless as an actual witness but I thought maybe the car I got stuck behind might have seen something. If they haven't come forward yet I've passed make/model of that on to police.

You'd love to know what the guys excuse was, wouldn't you? I mean, is he going to claim he tied the dog up earlier in the day and then forgot about it when he drove off? Yeah, right!

Either way, it won't be long before it makes the national newspapers, and then if he gets charged and his name gets out, he can expect a few hundred crank calls and death threats as happened to that mad old biddy who lobbed the cat in the wheelie bin.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You'd love to know what the guys excuse was, wouldn't you? I mean, is he going to claim he tied the dog up earlier in the day and then forgot about it when he drove off? Yeah, right!

I can imagine the excuse now. But how could you a) tie a dog to a porsche? b) forget it was there and drive off and c) not realise until you were on the A27 hammering it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can imagine the excuse now. But how could you a) tie a dog to a porsche? b) forget it was there and drive off and c) not realise until you were on the A27 hammering it.

I agree 100%. But then again, I've been in court enough times (as a witness, I should add :)) to know that there is no limit to how creative people can be when it comes to inventing ridiculous defences to the charges against them. And you'd be surprised at how many times the courts believe them.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Either way, it won't be long before it makes the national newspapers, and then if he gets charged and his name gets out, he can expect a few hundred crank calls and death threats as happened to that mad old biddy who lobbed the cat in the wheelie bin.

This isn't on the same level as the lady who threw a cat in a wheelie bin. This is pure evil.

stupendor

Feb 21, 2010

And the kiddie who swung the cat by it's tail!

I have no idea what people think, I can't believe you take a dog for a walk at the dyke, then tie it to your car (not bothering to walk it) forget about it while you get pissed, then drive along a dual carriageway presumably at decent speed while the thing bounces around in your mirrors. It must have been a deliberate act, but why? There must be easier ways of getting rid of an unwanted pet.

No way this won't go national. He can get what he deserves then.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Police have issued this photo of the suspect

silly-cat-driving-car-cartoon-drawing.jpg

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I agree 100%. But then again, I've been in court enough times (as a witness, I should add :)) to know that there is no limit to how creative people can be when it comes to inventing ridiculous defences to the charges against them. And you'd be surprised at how many times the courts believe them.

Just as well the all important judge isn't so gullable then.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Can this thread be deleted please. Just seeing the title on the board upsets me.
And yes, I know I'm pathetic.
No, you're not pathetic.
It's an awful story but there's no point burying your head in the sand. Some scumbag murdered ( allegedly ) a defenceless dog and he/she needs to be named and shamed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What was the dog being towed? Had it broken down?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here