Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Attack

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
It's a valid point. All dogs have got teeth, they can all bite when they're scared and/or think they're in a situation where they've got to fight - but when you hear those 'devil dog savages child' stories it's never a cocker spaniel.

(Proud owner of one cocker, one toy poodle, one cavalier/shih tzu coss and three cavasoodle puppies).

I'm very much in the camp of bad owners create bad dogs, have kept working terriers all my life - none of whom have ever bit a human or attacked another dog outside their kennel companions - but I would never trust any of my dogs with very young children whether they were mine or someone else's. However well trained a dog is, it's still a dog with canine instincts.

And, as if to prove a rule, the only dog that ever bit me was a cocker spaniel!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
ah well there ya go ...an endangered species in southern africa sohow the **** does one turn up in surrey.....just nails the issue...it aint the animals fault..!!

According to the IUCN Red List, unlike most wild cats, Servals are not endangered and they are classed as Least Concern.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's a valid point. All dogs have got teeth, they can all bite when they're scared and/or think they're in a situation where they've got to fight - but when you hear those 'devil dog savages child' stories it's never a cocker spaniel.

(Proud owner of one cocker, one toy poodle, one cavalier/shih tzu coss and three cavasoodle puppies).

WTF is a cavasoodle??

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I'm a bit more concerned about dogs attacking humans than dogs attacking other dogs, and I can't remember the last time I heard of a Labrador ripping the face off a toddler.

There's more recent examples but a bit of digging produced this

On January 21 1998 a Labrador Retriever killed a two year old child called Megan Stack. Early in the morning, her father heard her scream and ran downstairs to find the dog biting her head. The dog, "Toby", was 80 pounds, eight years old, and had been their family dog for nine months. She died of several bites to the head and neck. Experts expressed surprise, noting that the breed had been well known for its gentleness and for being good with children.

What was shocking was just how many people have been killed by Pit Bulls, followed way, way behind by Rottweilers and then finally German Shepherds.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
dog owners who blame everyone else for their inability to control their own animal :angry::wanker::wanker::wanker:
regards
DR

Just back from the park. My boy and his mates were playing football. Some dopey woman lets her Boxer puppy run in and try and pop the ball while she has a little chat to her friend. Then it turns on my son, jumps up and knocks him over at which point I ran straight at the thing. The daft BINT hadn't even f***ing noticed. I yelled at her that the boys were now terrified and would she mind awfully putting the fecking thing on a lead. It took the c*** FIVE MINUTES I kid you not. CMS has better control. And then do you know what she said? "She was only playing, she wouldn't harm a fly". I looked at the bloke she was with and he immediately advised her that they should continue the walk somewhere else with the mutt on a lead.

Grrrr.

Jan 30, 2008
Just back from the park. My boy and his mates were playing football. Some dopey woman lets her Boxer puppy run in and try and pop the ball while she has a little chat to her friend. Then it turns on my son, jumps up and knocks him over at which point I ran straight at the thing. The daft BINT hadn't even f***ing noticed. I yelled at her that the boys were now terrified and would she mind awfully putting the fecking thing on a lead. It took the c*** FIVE MINUTES I kid you not. CMS has better control. And then do you know what she said? "It was only playing, she wouldn't harm a fly". I looked at the bloke she was with and he immediately advised her that they should continue the walk somewhere else with the mutt on a lead.

Grrrr.
BRAIN DEAD MATE, if it was you annoying her in some way the shoe would be on the other foot, i've had my fishing pole broken by loose dogs where i fish , there's signs clearing saying"please keep dogs on a lead "then they piss on your gear , i wonder how the owner would react if i turned up on their doorstep and pissed on their front door, WANKER'S THE LOT OF THEM :angry:
regards
DR

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Mrs Frogs was out walking our toy/miniature poodle Ozzy earlier this week when a flicking great Labrador off lead came out of a nearby wooded area and started attacking Ozzy. Much swearing and shooing at the Lab from Mrs F and the dozy owner eventually came ambling over to take it away. When Mrs F had a pop at said dozy **** for letting his dog off the lead and attacking Ozzy, he denied that the dog had attacked and started wandering off in the opposite direction. She couldn't keep up with him to find out where he lived so as to report the attack but I tell you, if I find him....

Jan 30, 2008
Mrs Frogs was out walking our toy/miniature poodle Ozzy earlier this week when a flicking great Labrador off lead came out of a nearby wooded area and started attacking Ozzy. Much swearing and shooing at the Lab from Mrs F and the dozy owner eventually came ambling over to take it away. When Mrs F had a pop at said dozy **** for letting his dog off the lead and attacking Ozzy, he denied that the dog had attacked and started wandering off in the opposite direction. She couldn't keep up with him to find out where he lived so as to report the attack but I tell you, if I find him....
sadly that's a typical story, i've got nothing against dogs its the planks that own them that give the majority of good dog owners a bad name
regards
DR

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And then do you know what she said? "It was only playing, she wouldn't harm a fly". I looked at the bloke she was with and .

I got attacked and bitten as a small child by a Doberman and although not scared of dogs, but very cautious of big dogs.

I used to hate, and I mean hate it when I was fitting flooring and I would turn up at some ignorant c***s house and they would have a bloody Doberman or a Rottweiler,

I would always ask if they can put the dog in another room or outside, & I could always guarantee they would insist "He or She was alright, and would not hurt a fly" then they would let them off the lead to prove their point...... "let him sniff you" they would say............. What the feck, why would you do that........ I am scared and have a feckin knife in one hand and a carpet stretcher in the other, the last thing I want is a feckin Doberman sniffing and growling around me............

Some people amaze me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And then do you know what she said? "She was only playing, she wouldn't harm a fly".

These dog owner freaks that allow their precious mutts to run about wild always say that. Owner might think (or even know) that the dog 'was only playing', but to anyone else it's just some random dog threatening a kid - and should be treated as such.

Jan 30, 2008
I got attacked and bitten as a small child by a Doberman and although not scared of dogs, but very cautious of big dogs.

I used to hate, and I mean hate it when I was fitting flooring and I would turn up at some ignorant c***s house and they would have a bloody Doberman or a Rottweiler,

I would always ask if they can put the dog in another room or outside, & I could always guarantee they would insist "He or She was alright, and would not hurt a fly" then they would let them off the lead to prove their point...... "let him sniff you" they would say............. What the feck, why would you do that........ I am scared and have a feckin knife in one hand and a carpet stretcher in the other, the last thing I want is a feckin Doberman sniffing and growling around me............

Some people amaze me.
love me like i love my dog:nono:, isn't there legislation in place for legal action to be taken against dog owners even if the attack takes place on their property
regards
DR

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Disgusting. I went for a walk over the Dyke yesterday and there were two people walking their massive dogs (pit-bulls I think) near cattle. The woman had the larger dog on the lead, but she clearly couldn't control it - the dog was way stronger. I took another route.

Dogs like these should be banned.

No dog should be banned. It just needs to be sorted what owner can have what dog.
all dogs brought up in a happy loving home , whith a firm but fair hand. Will be excellent pets. But if you have any dog in the wrong hands it will turn out bad.
I rescued a staff few years ago and it didnt get on with dogs, everytime I wqlked past a dog it would start snarling and barking. After a few months the gog calmed down, and in a year it never done anything but play.
I didnt as such train the dog to be nice, just my energy and love changed the dog for the better.
Ive owned dogs all my life from staffies to american bulldogs, and I can tell you now all my dogs despite there reputation have been kind loving and peaceful.
If any of those dogs had of been with the lad in question, id bet my house that the same thing would of happened.

Its not the dog its the owner. Some thing needs to be done so dogs don't get in the wrong hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here