Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Knockaert's poor standing with Liege fans bother anyone?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What are you talking about? Half of Belgium is made up of Flanders provinces.

right, so they are not the same thing. "Flemish artists" is so named and not "Belgium artists" because they are from a distinct region that identifies separately.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
right, so they are not the same thing. "Flemish artists" is so named and not "Belgium artists" because they are from a distinct region that identifies separately.

Good grief. The Flemish ARE Belgian.

What you're saying is Geoffrey Boycott isn't a famous Englishman because he's a famous Yorkshireman. :ffsparr:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
AH YES...........wans't Van Meer Belgian as well. I know he lived most of his life in Delft but I think he might actually have been Belgian as well

Van Meer?!

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
AH YES...........wans't Van Meer Belgian as well. I know he lived most of his life in Delft but I think he might actually have been Belgian as well

You mean Johannes Vermeer, he of Girl With A Pearl Earring fame? He was as Dutch as tulips, clogs and Draaiorgels

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eddy Merckx, Jacques Breil, and the world's greatest Belgian, ENZO SCHIFO*. :bowdown:

He even featured in that splendid Alan Partridge montage:

:thumbsup:

[yt]m7OxXKn70GM[/yt] 53 seconds in.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You mean Johannes Vermeer, he of Girl With A Pearl Earring fame? He was as Dutch as tulips, clogs and Draaiorgels

I thought he moved with his parents very young to Delft from Mechelen but had actually been born in Mechelen but not 100% sure

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I thought he moved with his parents very young to Delft from Mechelen but had actually been born in Mechelen but not 100% sure

Just checked. Mechelen was an Inn which was part of his home in Delft, so I stand corrected

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've only just seen this thread and didnt realise some of their fans had an issue. So no. I'm not.

He has a guaranteed starting spot atm.

We'll see what he's truly made of if someone starts pushing him for his place and what happens if/when he gets dropped opposed to being injured.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Couldn't give a flying dogs winky dinky about Liege tin pot Belgian glumps !!
WTF has his shit with them got to do with Albion ?
He's our player now, I don't care if he kisses his rusty Sherrifs badge on the pitch as long as he continues his excellence on the pitch for Albion.
Little Tony best player Albion have ever signed IMHO

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Player kisses badge but isn't 100% honest shocker. The number of players who kiss the badge and really mean it is minuscule.
If I played for BHA and I kissed the badge I will certainly mean it. I walked onto the Amex pitch on a tour last week and I had the hairs on the back of my neck tingling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here