Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can anyone help me put the 5 min Day of the Dr mini episode into context. I am struggling.

It is set during the time war thats been mentioned a few times in the series.

Dr 8 needs to become a "warrior" because he realises he has to get involved in the war now - before he was trying to stay neutral.

Therefore the elixir of Karn turns him into the "war doctor/john hurt" what will happen in the 50th (actual or implied) is the john hurt doctor turning into chris ecclestons or dr 9

He calls himself the doctor so there have been eleven (now 12) HOWEVER the war doctor is regarded as a "rather not talk about that relative" what he did wasnt doctorish or carrying on the family name in the way they would like.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Can anyone help me put the 5 min Day of the Dr mini episode into context. I am struggling.

The Paul McGann one?

McGann regenerates into John Hurt at the end, so we learn where Hurt's "War Doctor" seems to fit in, chronologically speaking.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Spending this week watching series 7 in preparation. For me, Dr Who and Harry Potter (bonding with my son mainly, but I do love the nemesis of voldemort) are English Cultural Icons.

Perhaps the new English national anthem should be de de de dan, de de de dan, de de de dan, de de de dan, de de de dan, de de de dan, de de de dan, de de de wheeeeeee! (etc)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
interesting to see (well, not really but you know) taht according to the Mirror TV listings today that the 50th anniversary show will be running at the same time as X-Factor - BBC wishing to make a point?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dr Who Explained on BBC3 right now.

Why are these non-celebrity people on there? They have nothing to do with Dr Who.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Nice to see that BBC America are showing it at the same time as they are in the UK - we normally get it a few weeks later. It'll make a change from all the Top Gear and Gordon Ramsey re-runs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Be careful, people, there are unmarked spoilers floating around the interweb, both for tonight's adventures in space and time, and saturday's doctor who.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Really enjoyed that drama. I like Dr who but not a huge fan so was surprised how engaging I found it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just watched it on I-Player. Very nice acting.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I rather enjoyed An Adventure in Space and Time, a very touching story. My Mrs had repeatedly said that she was going for a bath/to bed rather than watch it... she watched in :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here