Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Broadcast simultanously in 90 countries, yes the BBC broadcast in a lot of countries. But its not 90 countries all taking Doctor Who and broadcasting it, for a minute thought the world had gone mad.

Thought it was being simu-cast to over 80 and also into a number of cinemas.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I did read in a national "newspaper" that apparently THE FOURTH DOCTOR has a role of some kind in the main event tomorrow.

True or not, we shall see.

(the asterisks are deliberate to avoid a blatant spoiler for those who don't want to see one - if you are spoiler inclined, you may be able to figure it out)

And there he bloody well is.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Disappointing. But I suppose it had to be.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Tommmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*screeeeeeeee*Oh, I've come over all unnecessary. Oh my.

edit: I loved it. Shame John Hurt can't stay on permanently. Christmas episode looks good also.

But back to Tom - still the best Doctor :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cracking episode. Well made, thoughtful, irreverent, funny and yet poignant..... and Sherlock coming back soon too.

Mrs V then asked me to flip over because she wanted to see X Factor and some poor girl was caterwauling her way through some poxy song and then I saw the value of having the BBC.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I have to say, the bit with the Doctors all checking in with Gallifrey made me nerdgasm

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
BZyTUURIIAAxVtr.jpg

Oh yes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tommmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*screeeeeeeee*Oh, I've come over all unnecessary. Oh my.

edit: I loved it. Shame John Hurt can't stay on permanently. Christmas episode looks good also.

But back to Tom - still the best Doctor :)

Don't get me started on who is the best Doctor or NSC will look like Galifrey did tonight.... Tennant.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
PERTWEE - best Doctor ever !!!!!!!!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well, that was splendid. Funny, poignant, each actor on top form and the story was well written (something Moffat has been criticised for).

Plenty of nerdgasms while watching it, esp for BAKER and to see Capaldi's 'mini' appearance, though that does throw things out in terms of the storyline.

Well worth the wait and the build up. Looking forward to the Christmas episode now.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Loved it. I kind of lost The Doctor over the years but having a teenage daughter has helped me rediscover it. So much to enjoy tonight and then they went and got Tom Baker too.

Roll on Capaldi. Will be sad to lose Matt Smith but a worthy replacement.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely brilliant. So inventive when you think back to the doldrum days of Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Judging by BBC Three now, Colin Baker appears to have eaten a Dalek.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well, that was splendid. Funny, poignant, each actor on top form and the story was well written (something Moffat has been criticised for).

Plenty of nerdgasms while watching it, esp for BAKER and to see Capaldi's 'mini' appearance, though that does throw things out in terms of the storyline.

Well worth the wait and the build up. Looking forward to the Christmas episode now.
Capaldi was in the Tardis so the storyline is intact :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Five(ish) Doctors is on the Red Button now. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here