Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I quite like doctor Who although the idea is usually better than it is executed. I was quite looking forward to this, with the John Hurt element etc but that trailer looks total dogshit. Special effects laden guff.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I quite like doctor Who although the idea is usually better than it is executed. I was quite looking forward to this, with the John Hurt element etc but that trailer looks total dogshit. Special effects laden guff.

Sorry, most of those trailers are showing little bits of the interactions between the Doctors and a few glimpses of what I assume to be the Time War. Where is all this special effect loading you're talking about?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I watched it...and quite a large quantity of wee came out.

A lot more than just wee came out for me .

I have vague memories of Hartnell , but always consider my Doctors as Troughton and Pertwee.

I absolutly love this programme and I cannot think of anything I have looked forward to more than the 50'th anniversary episode. I was quite excited at the end of the penultimate episode of Ecclestone's tenure when the Daleks were suddenly thrown in the mix for his finale . Waiting for that episode was pretty exciting , but this is going be monsterous. Was going to a fancy dress Who party at a mates house to watch it ,but that fell through . Now going to the cinema .

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
OMG

Has anyone seen the 'Night of the Doctor' minisode!!!

Paul McGann as the Doctor again!! :)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
OMG

Just watched this. It was good but they really are over-egging the "Surprise! It's John Hurt as The Doctor" bit. They did it at the end of the last full episode, which I loved but they've done exactly the same here. One reveal would have done the job. I don't know about having a CG young John Hurt either. Hmm, I await to be pleasantly surprised.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What a minisode that was! Amazing! Great to see McGann back, an excellent Doctor. Would have liked to have seen the regeneration on screen though,

you will I'm sure. I'd be surprised if it isn't shown on TV before the 50th episode. I'd love it if they showed it in the cinema before the showing

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
so so lame.......

.....unless of course......the daddy of all baddies....the one i cacked my nappies to behind the sofa....DAVROS....makes an appearance.

2-davros-dust.jpg

you lot should step up from sci-fi for under 10's and get on some BattleStar Galactica or Firefly.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OMG

Oh. My. God.

Before today, I didn't think it possible to be more excited for the big day.

I was wrong.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can't really get excited about Dr Who now. When I was a kid there was not much else to compare to. Accordingly for me it has to be Pertwee closely followed by Tom Baker. My fave baddies were the Autons and the huge maggots in the Green Death.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Oh. My. God.

Before today, I didn't think it possible to be more excited for the big day.

I was wrong.

Can't bloody wait. Day of the Doctor. Adventure in Time and Space. The Science of Dr Who. Convention at the Excel next weekend. Documentaries. Christmas special around the corner with the end of Matt Smith and the arrival of Capaldi. And almost certainly loads more missing episodes to be announced in the coming months. Great stuff.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Apparently, in a nice little side to all this as well, today is Paul McGann's birthday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here