Do you REALLY think you are top of the table material??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is there a smaller club than Crystal Palace currently playing in the Championship because I'm struggling to come up with one at present? The crowds at Sheff Weds, Sheff Utd and Charlton in the third tier make Palace look like the tinpot, ill-supported outfit that they really are. You do have to wonder how much longer the fans who are priced out at Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs will continue rocking up at Selhurst for. Take those away and you're looking at sub 10k crowds - oh dear Palace.

Millwall, Barnsley and P'boro spring to mind but at least their fans are not fair weather plastics.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As well as its going Im pretty confident Liverpool will take the honour of being the first side to beat us at our new home.

As for the pleased we are doing well bit....please.... you would be whole lot happier if we were doing terribly...

Your just thankful you have started well, otherwise you would not be near this board.

No they won't Spurs were

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its best to just let them continue to embarrass themselves. If you showed the thread and the comments they make to every other football fans forum in the leagues they would just laugh in their faces. The comments are so ridiculous as to be ignored completetly. A £ 105 000 000 stadium admired across the football World which is picking up architectural awards all over the place is " wonky " and " identikit ". You couldn't make it up and as I said they really are embarrassing themselves to the whole football World so let them carry on is what I say. Its a shame as lot of Palace fans are great blokes but the latest lot of keyboard warriors seem particularly stupid and ignorant. I would imagine a lot of Palace fans are embarrassed with their comments tbh.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Hi Bandits. I am personally loving it that you are top and doing so well. Of course, there is an ulterior motive, but I think it's great!
Not knowing much about the lower league's, were you really that good in Div 3 that you thought you would come up and top the table come early September in with the big boys? Oh....maybe that was an unfortunate turn of phrase but there you go. Don't get too excited will you?!
But yet you are doing so well. I can't knock that, but oh how I hope you stay unbeaten (at home) until 27th. After 35+ years of Palace support, it will rank alongside our finest moments if we could get the result and be the first to beat you at your identikit 'stadium'.
I am obviously old enough to remember the tasty encounters we used to have, particularly in the park outside the Gallstone but we all grow up. That doesn't interest me any more. Indeed I am taking my 13 year old to his first Scum away match. I am sure it will be an occasion to remember.
Up the Palace!

I had a little read through your nonsence, I'm not quite sure why im replying but I will do the decent thing and attempt to answer some of your backwards questions & help clear up some very strange and twisted thoughts/opinions which are clearly in a lot of you and your pikey mates strange shaped heads.

Firstly your post stinks of jeolously and boring jibes that have no relevance and clearly come from someone who has no idea what the ground looks like inside, what football we play or what has been happening at this football club for the past 18 months, so please get your facts correct if you are going to attempt an insult.

In answer to your first real question about being top so early, I personally thought we would start well but defo not this well. Poyet is a genuis, he proved that last season and he's proving it again. What the guy does is stick to a method and if its not broken then why fix it, it worked all last season and its working again. Were also a very settled team and a set-up on and off the pitch that are on an exciting journey, the buzz around this club is incredible and the success is showing on the pitch too.

There's a lot of clubs in this division with BIG pressure hanging over them for numerous reasons, ex prem club or new manager or BIG club syndrome pressuring top division football, were just quietly going along, playing good football and enjoying ourselves which I think is a massive part of it.

I'm not sure how the game will go on the 27th, it's a derby and the pressure I think will be on us, but if the early games are anything to go by then it shows we are afraid of nobody, whether it be away to Cardiff or at home to Sunderland, we play our game and stick to what we do best and thats pass, pass, pass and teams dont like it.

In regards to your tasty encounters comment, I cant forsee it being crazy on the 27th but there will be flash moments im sure around brighton that day and maybe close ish to the stadium but thats by the by.

I must finish on something, it means EVERYTHING to me that we show you up on the 27th, watch you heading for the exits and back to that horrible hole you call croydon thats still smuldering, not that im sure it looks any different to a normal day!

I wont be mouthing off on any Palace message boards come 11pm on the 27th, you will spot me in the West Lower nodding and smiling at you with a wonderful smugness knowing now that at last we are fulfilling our potential, a potential thats been caged for so many years.

So please please take a good look at our wonderful new stadium, even have a beer or two, watch the football we play, look at where we are now compared to you in that run down shack of a stadium surrounded by rows and rows of horrible houses, enjoy the game, teach your son a homophobic chant or two and then fcuk off with that tail between your legs and bore someone else on a forum with your crap!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Give me good old traditional Selhurst any day.

we all like a bit of banter, didnt realise it had evolved in to masochist self-flagellation up in Croydon. :mad:

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Hi Bandits. I am personally loving it that you are top and doing so well. Of course, there is an ulterior motive, but I think it's great!
Not knowing much about the lower league's, were you really that good in Div 3 that you thought you would come up and top the table come early September in with the big boys? Oh....maybe that was an unfortunate turn of phrase but there you go. Don't get too excited will you?!
But yet you are doing so well. I can't knock that, but oh how I hope you stay unbeaten (at home) until 27th. After 35+ years of Palace support, it will rank alongside our finest moments if we could get the result and be the first to beat you at your identikit 'stadium'.
I am obviously old enough to remember the tasty encounters we used to have, particularly in the park outside the Gallstone but we all grow up. That doesn't interest me any more. Indeed I am taking my 13 year old to his first Scum away match. I am sure it will be an occasion to remember.
Up the Palace!
:lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
SelhurstPark_468x337.jpg

mmmmm

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I seem to remember palace fans running like the wind to the sanctuary of Hove station after one of our encounters and having to pick up dustbin lids on the way for protection. Palace aren't a West Ham, Spurs, Millwall or even Charlton , no much smaller. Youv'e got to remember Brighton fans regard Palace as a small South London club, nothing more.

Flex Your Head

Originally Posted by essexeagle
As for the 'Stadium', I obviously haven't been there yet but it certainly looks like the wanky piece of crap I would associate with a club like BHAFC. Give me good old traditional Selhurst any day.

Q. What's the difference between Selhurst Park and a bucket full of dogshit?

A. The bucket.

True story.

Amexican

May 21, 2011
Is there a smaller club than Crystal Palace currently playing in the Championship because I'm struggling to come up with one at present? The crowds at Sheff Weds, Sheff Utd and Charlton in the third tier make Palace look like the tinpot, ill-supported outfit that they really are. You do have to wonder how much longer the fans who are priced out at Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs will continue rocking up at Selhurst for. Take those away and you're looking at sub 10k crowds - oh dear Palace.

Would a BIG club really have to sell tickets for their next home game, Wigan (a Premiership club no less) at £10 in advance , £15 on match day?????

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ladbrokes Plc who know a few things about odds and chances have BHAFC the 3rd most likely team to win the Championship title at 6/1. Crystal Palace however are joint 16th at 80/1.

Championship 2011/2012

West Ham 7/4
Southampton 11/2
Brighton 6/1
Leicester 8/1
Middlesbrough 9/1
Blackpool 12/1
Cardiff 16/1
Hull 25/1
Birmingham 33/1
Leeds 40/1
Derby 40/1
Nottingham Forest 50/1
Reading 66/1
Ipswich 66/1
Burnley 66/1
Millwall 80/1
Crystal Palace 80/1
Portsmouth 100/1
Peterborough 100/1
Bristol City 150/1
Watford 150/1
Coventry 150/1
Barnsley 200/1
Doncaster 500/1

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Well were certainly more top of the table material than Palace thats for sure!

Aldershot, Crawley, AFC Wimbledon and Gillingham are more likely to be your rivals moving forwards, ENJOY!

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...

Aren't the said Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans already frequenting your Wonky Warehouse? You ******* are heading for an almighty f***ing fall and then you'll be down to your 'hardcore' support of 7K again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports