Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you REALLY think you are top of the table material??

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You ******* are heading for an almighty f***ing fall and then you'll be down to your 'hardcore' support of 7K again.

Oh the 27th is gonna give so many bounced thread options to choose from. Cannot wait, early pint in Brighton anyone?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The same Selhurst your board are desperate to get away from? So by your thick logic you'll hate your new stadium. And if it is 40,000 capacity where do you plan on getting 27,000 new fans from?

They'll just use more lamp-posts to stick their begging posters on-although that doesn't appear to have worked too well does it?. Maybe hand out free tickets during Poundland's Sale?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Aren't the said Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans already frequenting your Wonky Warehouse? You ******* are heading for an almighty f***ing fall and then you'll be down to your 'hardcore' support of 7K again.

Do I really have to keep putting 'Crystal Palace average attendance' and click on the second link on google to the pikey holmesdale website to show you Croydon muppets that you averaged 24,000 in the Premiership in 2004-5, but are now averaging around 12-14000 this season? Are your additional 10k or so Premiership fans plastics or just fans who have come back to the club for better times?

Average attendances - Crystal Palace FC Supporters' Website - The Holmesdale Online

Now why can I see plain facts on your own website, but you lot can't? You really do waste my time. :facepalm:

None of you Palace lot going to explain how you've lost 10k supporters since you got relegated from the Prem?
Must've been all those Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans frequenting your Shady Shithole.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Hi Bandits. I am personally loving it that you are top and doing so well. Of course, there is an ulterior motive, but I think it's great!
Not knowing much about the lower league's, were you really that good in Div 3 that you thought you would come up and top the table come early September in with the big boys? Oh....maybe that was an unfortunate turn of phrase but there you go. Don't get too excited will you?!
But yet you are doing so well. I can't knock that, but oh how I hope you stay unbeaten (at home) until 27th. After 35+ years of Palace support, it will rank alongside our finest moments if we could get the result and be the first to beat you at your identikit 'stadium'.
I am obviously old enough to remember the tasty encounters we used to have, particularly in the park outside the Gallstone but we all grow up. That doesn't interest me any more. Indeed I am taking my 13 year old to his first Scum away match. I am sure it will be an occasion to remember.
Up the Palace!

And will you be bringing your caravan to the seaside?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Hi Bandits. I am personally loving it that you are top and doing so well. Of course, there is an ulterior motive, but I think it's great!
Not knowing much about the lower league's, were you really that good in Div 3 that you thought you would come up and top the table come early September in with the big boys? Oh....maybe that was an unfortunate turn of phrase but there you go. Don't get too excited will you?!
But yet you are doing so well. I can't knock that, but oh how I hope you stay unbeaten (at home) until 27th. After 35+ years of Palace support, it will rank alongside our finest moments if we could get the result and be the first to beat you at your identikit 'stadium'.
I am obviously old enough to remember the tasty encounters we used to have, particularly in the park outside the Gallstone but we all grow up. That doesn't interest me any more. Indeed I am taking my 13 year old to his first Scum away match. I am sure it will be an occasion to remember.
Up the Palace!

Good Lord, they let them breed as well!

Too bloody soft our society!

TNBA

TTF

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A reasonable question from a Palace fan with no unecessary insults or homophobic remarks attached is a pleasant change :)

Are we top of the table material? Currently yes. In the long run who knows? If we can play consistently with the skill and tactical nous that we displayed at Cardiff then yes. If we can show the resiliance that we showed at Portsmouth then yes again. We will come up against some good sides in good form who will catch us out and Blackpool was a warning about not defending too deep that I thought we seemed to have learned from against Bristol on Saturday when we showed the winners' habit of taking the points against a side set-up specifically to spoil against our style of play and were not firing on all cylinders by any means. We possibly don't score enough goals, particularly at home, to beat sides easily but then we rarely concede many goals either - as the season progresses we may see a few disappointing low score draws. There won't be many games though when we don't get on the scoresheet, especially away from home I suspect when the opposition have to do more to appease their fans. We have some serious attacking talent and, disturbingly for opponents, it is in-depth talent.

Instinctively you would expect Leicester and West Ham to come good. Middlesborough have weathered the storm of last year's inconsistency while Southampton on form score goals for fun and that will stand them in good stead. Ipswich,Forest (despite McLean's protestations) Derby and Hull have all spent so much they must surely come good but will they be consistent enough? Birmingham's foray into Europe may cost them this season although they will be dangerous on a game-by-game basis. All in all I think we could realistically make the play-offs. I would add the usual caveats of course that we will need to maintain our form, introduce some tactical variations (as we were able to at times last season) against sides who set their stall to counter our passing game by pressing high up the pitch, and keep a fit and hungry squad.

That said I would be much more inclined to question whether Palace can maintain their rather surprising but nonetheless excellent start? Palace fans must be thinking they have died and gone to heaven right now but do they have the strength in depth and does their management team have the experience to maintain their form for the long run.

As to the game on 27th, it is one game at the end of the day and whilst the fans buy in to the rivalry I doubt it will have very much effect on the players tbh - we need to be in the same league playing each other regularly for it to start to impact within the clubs themselves and of course we have been down in the dumps more than we have been up for most of the last two decades. Ask me to name which side is more likely to get promoted this particular season though and I have no hesitation in plumping for the Albion. I suspect most Palace fans would realistically agree no matter how much they hate the idea.

A one-off game on the 27th? Maybe a draw wouldn't be the biggest surprise? Plenty of bookings for sure. Lots of rubbish officiating (from one viewpoint or the other). Quite probably not the greatest spectacle. Hopefully no stupidity by fans of either side either in the stadium or outside but the way some people try to stoke-up hatred I wouldn't be too sure of that sadly

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A reasonable question from a Palace fan with no unecessary insults or homophobic remarks attached is a pleasant change :)

Are we top of the table material? Currently yes. In the long run who knows? If we can play consistently with the skill and tactical nous that we displayed at Cardiff then yes. If we can show the resiliance that we showed at Portsmouth then yes again. We will come up against some good sides in good form who will catch us out and Blackpool was a warning about not defending too deep that I thought we seemed to have learned from against Bristol on Saturday when we showed the winners' habit of taking the points against a side set-up specifically to spoil against our style of play and were not firing on all cylinders by any means. We possibly don't score enough goals, particularly at home, to beat sides easily but then we rarely concede many goals either - as the season progresses we may see a few disappointing low score draws. There won't be many games though when we don't get on the scoresheet, especially away from home I suspect when the opposition have to do more to appease their fans. We have some serious attacking talent and, disturbingly for opponents, it is in-depth talent.

Instinctively you would expect Leicester and West Ham to come good. Middlesborough have weathered the storm of last year's inconsistency while Southampton on form score goals for fun and that will stand them in good stead. Ipswich,Forest (despite McLean's protestations) Derby and Hull have all spent so much they must surely come good but will they be consistent enough? All in all I think we could realistically make the play-offs. I would add the usual caveats of course that we will need to maintain our form, introduce some tactical variations (as we were able to at times last season) against sides who set their stall to counter our passing game by pressing high up the pitch, and keep a fit and hungry squad.

That said I would be much more inclined to question whether Palace can maintain their rather surprising but nonetheless excellent start? Palace fans must be thinking they have died and gone to heaven right now but do they have the strength in depth and does their management team have the nous to maintain their form for the long run.

As to the game on 27th, it is one game at the end of the day and whilst the fans buy in to the rivalry I doubt it will have very much effect on the players tbh - we need to be in the same league playing each other regularly for it to start to impact within the clubs themselves and of course we have been down in the dumps more than we have been up for most of the last two decades. Ask me to name which side is more likely to get promoted this particular season though and I have no hesitation in plumping for the Albion. I suspect most Palace fans would realistically agree no matter how much they hate the idea.

A one-off game on the 27th? Maybe a draw wouldn't be the biggest surprise? Plenty of bookings for sure. Lots of rubbish officiating (from one viewpoint or the other). Quite probably not the greatest spectacle. Hopefully no stupidity by fans of either side either in the stadium or outside but the way some people try to stoke-up hatred I wouldn't be too sure of that sadly

Absolutely this.....

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
An intelligent and reasonably put post. Suspect the OP will be most disappointed.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
My useless fact of the day

Since Fran Sandaza smashed in that injury time winner against Oldham that sent us top of League One, theres been 261 days of the football season (353 actual days)

We have been top of the league for 239 of them.

That is all, good day x

Excellent information.I enjoyed reading that! :bowdown:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hi Bandits.
Hi babe, long time no see.
I am personally loving it that you are top and doing so well.
Er, ok.
Not knowing much about the lower league's, were you really that good in Div 3 that you thought you would come up and top the table come early September in with the big boys?
No, we were not that good. We were deserved winners of L1, but the Championship is a step up, and we are currently above our natural position. But then so are Palace.
oh how I hope you stay unbeaten (at home) until 27th.
That doesn't make sense to me. Our unbeaten run will end sooner or later, but if we could guarantee we don't lose against Leicester or Liverpool that would be pretty sweet (more likely to lose them both).
After 35+ years of Palace support, it will rank alongside our finest moments if we could get the result and be the first to beat you at your identikit 'stadium'.
You are either poorly informed, or insanely jealous. Our stadium is quite unique, it is not close to an identikit. If it was an identikit though, I'd still be happy, you don't know what it's like to lose your ground.
Indeed I am taking my 13 year old to his first Scum away match.
You've not taken him to a Palace away match before? Poor lad hasn't lived.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Palace should be whistling a happy tune, Freedman has stabilised the club and they have had a reasonable start to the season but the fact that for the first time in 15yrs we are soaring just sticks in their throats, Palace are heading for a very dull future and will probably yoyo between the championship and league for the next five years and fade into oblivion. Our future is as bright as it has ever been, with the best young manager in the country, a stadium that will accommodate us when we reach the premiership and a chairman who has put his money where his mouth is. There has never been a better time to be a Brighton fan. One last thing, we have lots of fans from other clubs come on this site who love a bit of banter and a wind up and they all seem, funnier, more passionate and more knowledgable then the homophobic, 'kick and rush' school of football neanderthals who profess to be 'football' fans who are invading NSC.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
This is wonderful stuff. Essexeagle making a complete and utter arse of himself, has the man know self respect!
Lets face it, having spent a couple of years at Gilingham and too many years at the Withdean, we know a shithole when we see it and selhurse certainly ticks all the boxs, whereas the Amex is a Thing of beauty, a concept which seems to have passed our croyden friends by.
Wil we finish top... No. Will we promoted... Unlikely, do I care... No because if not this year, it will be next. For the first time in years we have a very bright future, that'll do for me!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
As much as these boys are complete tools, the whole we've got the Amex now so lets start slating every other ground is get abit tedious. Lets just comfort ourselves in the fact that we have a better squad than them, team than them, chairman than them, manager than them, league position than them, season ticket holders than them and dont have to go to croydon to watch our home games unlike them:):):)

No doubt I've forgotten afew

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There is one thing that Palace have that we don't, it's a 'special school' called Priory School, just down the road from Selhurst Park. Apparently many Palace fans are amongst their alumni.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As much as these boys are complete tools, the whole we've got the Amex now so lets start slating every other ground is get abit tedious. Lets just comfort ourselves in the fact that we have a better squad than them, team than them, chairman than them, manager than them, league position than them, season ticket holders than them and dont have to go to croydon to watch our home games unlike them:):):)

No doubt I've forgotten afew

Actually it was one of theirs that started slagging on The Amex. But you're right, it is getting very tedious. Palace fans have no need to constantly remind us how inferior they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here