• No

Votes: 62 42.5%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have never belonged to a Union and never will.

Any issues I have ever had at work I have either dealt with myself or my solicitor has dealt with - always successfully.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Used to be NUJ. Was the office rep.

Then three NUJ members on a confidential loop email among reps decided to forward some comments I made out of context to my MD.

After that - and the completely toothless support we got when our local division went back on a three year pay deal just 12 months in - made me lose all confidence in the union.

Which is a crying shame because, quite frankly, a decent NUJ would be fairly handy the way the media business is heading...

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
I agree with that especially with the planned cuts and I've been on strike several times in support of PCS. I am a middle manager and there are too many seniors so the organisation is effectively the shape of an inverted triangle.

The Con-Dem attacks on the public sector will be unprecedented and the response of the public sector trade unions will need to be equally ground-breaking. It'll be interesting to see how many senior managers "get their jotters" (get paid off) on the cheap like is planned for the rest of us? PCS will be a key player in organising the response of public sector workers. Get ready for a battle to save your livelihood. :rant: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another PCS member here. Even though I TUPE'd out of the Civil Service 13 years ago!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Another for the NUJ. Was never that impressed with the effectiveness of a fairly demoralised chapel at my previous place of employment, but probably now as a freelance there is certain legal help etc that could prove useful one day. Some of the training is okay as well (and considerably cheaper than the market rate).

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
UCU. Tried ATL but they were too much of a non-entity. Was with NUT but they were too much like lefty tree huggers so I joined the NASUWT. They were just as bad so I left them when they started sending me "Vote Labour" bollocks in the post. Joined because in the world of education you would have to be a nutter not to have some form of protection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here