Votes: 84 57.5%
  • No

Votes: 62 42.5%

• Total voters

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
Ive been a trade union member4 for 30 years. Fistly with CPSA when i lived in Brighton. Then Nalgo/Unison for 10 years after I left college. Now Ive been in TGWU/Unite for 9 years. I have been a shop steward for most of the last 20 years, including at prsent. I have held elected regional positions in Unison, and I met my wife at a Nalgo conference.

So i guess you could say they've had a slight influence on my life.

Oh and I think Unite members are now the biggest group in this thread :):yahoo:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Ive been a trade union member4 for 30 years. Fistly with CPSA when i lived in Brighton. Then Nalgo/Unison for 10 years after I left college. Now Ive been in TGWU/Unite for 9 years. I have been a shop steward for most of the last 20 years, including at prsent. I have held elected regional positions in Unison, and I met my wife at a Nalgo conference.

And if one or two are to be believed the biggest PRICKS too!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford

So we could have a vote, and Unite would claim victory based on proportional representation then?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Only just seen this. Yes, NUJ again. The (quite expensive) contributions are actually well worth it because my employer would have done away with all sorts of unsocial hours pay given half the chance (I work at night a lot; it's vital).

We're currently trying to stop our pensions being robbed in similar fashion.

I've never been a rep, but I have done quite a lot of meeting-organising and informal advising. Best day was when a new girl in my old office (on freelance terms) let me know that she was being paid about 20% less per day than I had been receiving two years previously. Not quite sure what possessed me, but armed with only rudimentary knowledge of industrial relations law, I marched into the boss's office and said this wasn't fair. He agreed, immediately put her wages up, and (after I mentioned it) agreed to back-pay her the difference.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I got my voting form for the new Labour leader through the post yesterday, Unison are backing Ed Milliband. Do any trade union members who don't vote Labour vote in this and if so do you vote for the worst candidate to try and f*** them over?
I might vote for Ed Balls for no other reason than his name amuses me.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I got my voting form for the new Labour leader through the post yesterday, Unison are backing Ed Milliband. Do any trade union members who don't vote Labour vote in this and if so do you vote for the worst candidate to try and f*** them over?
I might vote for Ed Balls for no other reason than his name amuses me.
I think it's time Labour had a female leader!

Dandyman

In London village.
UNISON, although I spend much of my working life on the other side of the table to their reps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here