Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Politics] Do we need a General Strike?

Do we need a General Strike and force a General Election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is one reason the Tory's are refusing to give NHS workers a decent pay rise; to make sure the NHS is understaffed and broken. Then the Tory's present their solution.

A year of free medical insurance for anyone who can tell me what that solution will be?

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
There is one reason the Tory's are refusing to give NHS workers a decent pay rise; to make sure the NHS is understaffed and broken. Then the Tory's present their solution.

A year of free medical insurance for anyone who can tell me what that solution will be?
The solution will involve Tory donors and friends/acquaintances of MPs making a lot of money.
Itā€™s been an obvious tactic, neglected over the last 10 years.
Look how terrible itā€™s become, look at the bureaucracy, donā€™t worry we have a plan.
Present the plan of how it can be all unicorns and rainbows, get their noses in the trough and theyā€™ll be well out of government and quids in, by the time the public have realised.
Note Iā€™m 100% not saying thereā€™s not issues within the NHS, I just donā€™t trust the people who state they are trying to fix it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The solution will involve Tory donors and friends/acquaintances of MPs making a lot of money.
Itā€™s been an obvious tactic, neglected over the last 10 years.
Look how terrible itā€™s become, look at the bureaucracy, donā€™t worry we have a plan.
Present the plan of how it can be all unicorns and rainbows, get their noses in the trough and theyā€™ll be well out of government and quids in, by the time the public have realised.
Note Iā€™m 100% not saying thereā€™s not issues within the NHS, I just donā€™t trust the people who state they are trying to fix it.
100% agree

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Rubbish.

Sorry, I agree with a lot that you say, but if they wanted to sell it off etc they would have already.

Also if thatā€™s the case, as mentioned earlier are Labour / SNP in on this plan.

This is why there will never be a grown up conversation about the NHS and what needs to happen

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rubbish.

Sorry, I agree with a lot that you say, but if they wanted to sell it off etc they would have already.

Also if thatā€™s the case, as mentioned earlier are Labour / SNP in on this plan.

This is why there will never be a grown up conversation about the NHS and what needs to happen
They already are selling it off.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Started under Labour.

It started the day it was created.

I assume you're a referencing PFI which commenced under Major .... So you are wrong.

Blair did accelerate it massively.

Which was also wrong.

BUT.

You were wrong if you were on about PFI being a Labour thing. It wasn't.

Which is the sort of critical knowledge that makes me question the validity of your contribution to the subject.

That said, I think I met you a few times and you seemed to be a perfectly decent person and wish you a very Merry Christmas. X

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yeah this is the thing really...

If you simplify and decrease border controls - no shit it will go faster if they only do "key priorities" like mentioned in the latter article.

Access to football games would also be smoother than usual if no one checked the tickets. And you'd get faster treatment at the hospital if they just slice you up and remove some shit without checking whats wrong with you. That doesn't mean it is better or doesn't come with its own share of problems.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
then, we'll just have to muddle thru without nurses, i spose
the tories are quickly blackmailing the country bankrupt?

what do you propose we do about it?

have you worked out how to retain frontline nhs staff yet?

that's a tad naiive, there's always money, maybe ask baroness mone?

where did they put all the austerity scalpings?

So many questions and not a hint of a solution. It looks like you are just another that wants to be part of the problem and not the solution.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Entirely predictable from both sidesā€¦.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe we just need to increase recruitment in the army then we have a lot of cheap labour on Ā£16k-Ā£28k a year to do everything

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I doubt much was compromised in the way of homeland security tbh ā€¦
The Immigration Police, Counter-terroism Units and very highly trained airport police werenā€™t on strike
and what happens when passports are scanned? Interpol werenā€™t striking either ā€¦

Although the military in the UK traditionally have no power over UK citizens, there is certainly a precedent for them being actively involved in counter-terrorist activities in civvy street and there are signs that the lines between ā€˜militaryā€™ and ā€˜policingā€™ are becoming increasingly blurred when it comes to homeland security matters

However, while the border may have become slightly more porous at the passport control office during the strikes, this point of ingress is cog in a vast wheel of counter-terroism surveillance, policing and immigration control - if an ā€˜obvious riskā€™ individual (whatever that is) got through passport without being detained, Iā€™m pretty sure he wouldnā€™t have got out of the airport.

Reactions: abc

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, dunno on numbers of travellers yet - some people may not have travelled

But early reports suggest the time at passport control was up to four times quicker with the army in place

Now that means they are not doing it properly, or in fact boarder patrol are slow and are over paid šŸ˜‚

Well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe we just need to increase recruitment in the army then we have a lot of cheap labour on Ā£16k-Ā£28k a year to do everything
I imagine it would be difficult to recruit people to the army if they knew it meant some mundane work on some airport.

Surely every kid that grows up with the dream of being a soldier imagines himself emptying his M16 rifle on some stone-throwing arab... checking passports is pretty far from that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here