Diver-boy Zaha [Merged threads]

What is your opinion of Wilfried Zaha?

• Total voters

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
No, not at all, that's obviously a massive difference. But the reality is that last year, we took 4 points of you and the manner of that win was massive: under the flood lights, sell out crowd, first meeting in years, new stadium, weeds seeing it as the changing of the guard. And then we do that to you. We also were one penalty shootout from Wembley and a major cup final and beat a decent Man United team in front of the Sky cameras at OT on the way. So yes, you finished 10 points clear of us, well done, teams coming up normally have a good first year then struggle a tad more the next, but imo, i would have rather of had our season.

A whole season decided on ONE game, the definition of tin pot.

10 points above you with us just outside the playoffs and you just above relegation :lol:

Ahh the "second season syndrome" - the same syndrome that would see out attendances drop. Extra 8000 seats going in btw :lol:

Nov 15, 2012
Nice sentimental look back, at last season, that. You make it sound fabulous.

The reality at the time was that Palace fans in their thousands (and thousands) voted with their feet, because of boring defensive football being served up by the Palace Legend Dougie, and many of you were calling for his head. Still, carry on.

Just like thousands of Albion fans after your recent winless run and boring football?

Say's the bloke with 4698 posts in under 4 years!

And i never said the league is over did i? Where do you think both teams will now finish, honest question?

We'll finish above you.

We note that it takes a nine point lead for the Nigels to come out of the wordwork with any confidence - just a shame you lot don't have the confidence to fill Selhurst. Top of the league and the third best player on the planet playing for you - just what does it take to get that tinpot support of yours interested ? :lolol:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Really? Id've thought it should go to the team with the highest league position, regardless of derby victories. Derbies count for squat in the final standings.

If we'd finished above you last year but you'd won at our gaff would you really believe that? Some of your members still have names referring to the last Brighton win over us.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If we'd finished above you last year but you'd won at our gaff would you really believe that? Some of your members still have names referring to the last Brighton win over us.

If you had, but you didn't :D

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I meant your lot calling for Gus's head. I'd imagine after December 1st if we beat you that will be happening even more. And if we play to our best, we will beat you.

Sounds like you are ready to accept defeat then if you have to "play at your best" to beat us I would have expected far more confidence than that after the run you have had, so you accept you are punching well above your weight then?

I think most people on this board are amused that every single Palace poster on here, last season, said that League position counted for absolutely nothing and now it counts for everything - until we overtake you when again you will be scratching around for titbits.

Nov 15, 2012
Sounds like you are ready to accept defeat then if you have to "play at your best" to beat us I would have expected far more confidence than that after the run you have had, so you accept you are punching well above your weight then?

I think in a derby game it's a one off and you have to be at your best or you will get beat. As last year proved in the 3-1. I think we are a better side than you this year, both teams are pretty even apart from one player: Zaha.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

I'm happy to admit we're punching above our weight when you view our wage budget compared to most of the people currently occupying the playoff spots. However, that said we've got a decent team 2-3 years in the making and are currently the best team in the Championship. If we managed to avoid too many injuries or suspensions I'd imagine we will carry on doing well. Main thing for us is to still be in the thick of it come January when we can hopefully strengthen the depth of the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here