Diver-boy Zaha [Merged threads]

What is your opinion of Wilfried Zaha?

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anyway, it's going to be a great game on the 1st

Lets hope it isn't affected by Palace having two or three players out with injuries and another being suspended because of the way Leeds play on the 24th.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As for Mr Wuckley your great white hope it would seem that stardom beckons from what Mr. Poyet makes out, it's about time hee started to deliver.
Championship this year: 5 goals in 14 games vs Winifred's 4 in 16. Last year, 8 goals in 29 games vs Wini's 6 in 41. Buckley is continuing to deliver.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Championship this year: 5 goals in 14 games vs Winifred's 4 in 16. Last year, 8 goals in 29 games vs Wini's 6 in 41. Buckley is continuing to deliver.

And yet somehow, it's only Brighton fans who seem to think Buckley is the better player.

Please just try and watch a Palace match free from bias and see how teams set up against Zaha. They put 3 players on him whenever he has the ball, they try to hack him to pieces (hence the yellow cards for reactions which he is learning from) yet he still manages to embarrass teams with his trickery. Once his final ball improves he will go on to far greater things than Palace and Buckley ever will.

FWIW, Wilf scored 9 goals last season but it's hardly a surprise seeing a Brighton fan gets his stats wrong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've just joined this site as a mate of mine told me too for the comedy value
Great.
...I cannot believe reading through the boards just how angry and bitter Brighton fans are towards us and players like Zaha. It like you guys are obsessed with us.
:shrug:
As for the Buckley vs Zaha debate, both are great young players but different in their styles. Zaha probably gets more attention due to the audacious skills he can pull off...but of course that doesn't necessarily mean he's a better all round player
And Zaha is 3 years younger than Buckley, and seems to be less injury prone, so I expect he'll go further in the game than Buckley. People here recognise Zaha is an excellent player, they just don't agree with the £20m valuation and don't think he's the greatest English talent for years.

Surely you've got better things to be doing than looking up Palace players? That's even worse than me being on a rivals forum! :lolol:
No, it's not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And yet somehow, it's only Brighton fans who seem to think Buckley is the better player.
But we don't. Nathaniel said it was time Buckley started performing and I pointed out he was performing.
Please just try and watch a Palace match free from bias and see how teams set up against Zaha.
I've seen him plenty thanks. If you actually read my posts you'd see I rate him.
They put 3 players on him whenever he has the ball, they try to hack him to pieces (hence the yellow cards for reactions
His reaction to seeing 3 players on him is to dive?
FWIW, Wilf scored 9 goals last season but it's hardly a surprise seeing a Brighton fan gets his stats wrong.
Not in the Championship he didn't. Learn to read.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
But we don't. Nathaniel said it was time Buckley started performing and I pointed out he was performing.
I've seen him plenty thanks. If you actually read my posts you'd see I rate him.
His reaction to seeing 3 players on him is to dive?
Not in the Championship he didn't. Learn to read.

See, you let yourself down already by saying his reaction is to dive. That just goes to show you've simply based an opinion on a couple of fleeting appearances, watch him more than a handful of times and you'll see the real treatment he gets from defenders and a serious lack of protection from referees. It really is quite astounding.

Even if you do rate him, that means bugger all seeming as suggesting otherwise would be lunacy. Perhaps not yourself but the general consensus on this board is he is not destined for a bright future and it's appearing more so everyday that the NSC actually believe Gus' wind up comments that Buckley IS better than Zaha which to someone outside of this rivalry is quite comical.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
See, you let yourself down already by saying his reaction is to dive.
No, you said he'd been booked for the way he reacted to having 3 players mark him etc - he's been booked for diving, so I assume you're saying his reaction is to dive. You also need to take into account the fact that I'm taking the piss.

Perhaps not yourself but the general consensus on this board is he is not destined for a bright future
That's simply not the case.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Please just try and watch a Palace match free from bias and see how teams set up against Zaha. They put 3 players on him whenever he has the ball, they try to hack him to pieces (hence the yellow cards for reactions which he is learning from) yet he still manages to embarrass teams with his trickery.
My source in the Republic of Yorkshire advises me Leeds have been told to "take no prisoners" next week , Winifred included.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
No, you said he'd been booked for the way he reacted to having 3 players mark him etc - he's been booked for diving, so I assume you're saying his reaction is to dive. You also need to take into account the fact that I'm taking the piss.

That's simply not the case.

Fair enough, doesn't always register so well with me when it's written in plain text :loll: coupled with the fact I've already had a few beers.

Let's hope Wilf takes the piss in 2 weeks and isn't physically assaulted by Dunk or El Bad but nothing would surprise me!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Im hoping there are loads of Bruce Lee kung foo kicks and tricks from Leeds on diving boy Zahaa.

Billy Bremner and Paul Reaney would have cut Winifred down to size :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fair enough, doesn't always register so well with me when it's written in plain text :loll: coupled with the fact I've already had a few beers.

Let's hope Wilf takes the piss in 2 weeks and isn't physically assaulted by Dunk or El Bad but nothing would surprise me!

El Abd will be marking Murray :wink: They both like to swing the elbows :lol:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Zaha has an incredible SIX bookings already, and has already served his first ban of the season, which is astonishing for a winger, tbh. Some are for diving, and some are for dissent, which is odd, as the Palace on here have told us he never dives, and that he has a terrific attitude. He can't be banned for our game, unless he gets sent off v Hull, or picks up a 3-match ban v Leeds.

Murray is on 4, and would miss our game if he got booked against Hull, or picked up a 3 match ban in the Leeds game.

So it isn't 8 bookings for a 2 match ban, it is 10 bookings instead? (It always used to be 5 bookings for 1 match, then 8 bookings for 2 matches)

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
35 (thirty-five) pages about a Crystal Palace player.

I dont think any further comment is needed.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
"And Zaha is 3 years younger than Buckley, and seems to be less injury prone, so I expect he'll go further in the game than Buckley. People here recognise Zaha is an excellent player, they just don't agree with the £20m valuation and don't think he's the greatest English talent for years."

20 million sounds excessive, but when players like Henderson and Downing go for the same price and Carroll at 35 million, it makes you wonder what Zaha's value is in today's crazy market.

Who are actually saying he's the greatest talent England have seen for years? The press and the bandwagon that they create? Palace fans are saying he's the greatest talent at Palace for years if not ever, likes of Holloway are saying he's something special with huge potential...but I can't imageine anyone is seriously saying he's the next best thing since Gazza

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
"And Zaha is 3 years younger than Buckley, and seems to be less injury prone, so I expect he'll go further in the game than Buckley. People here recognise Zaha is an excellent player, they just don't agree with the £20m valuation and don't think he's the greatest English talent for years."

20 million sounds excessive, but when players like Henderson and Downing go for the same price and Carroll at 35 million, it makes you wonder what Zaha's value is in today's crazy market.

Who are actually saying he's the greatest talent England have seen for years? The press and the bandwagon that they create? Palace fans are saying he's the greatest talent at Palace for years if not ever, likes of Holloway are saying he's something special with huge potential...but I can't imageine anyone is seriously saying he's the next best thing since Gazza

The transfer market is, of course, ridiculously bloated. However, I don't think basing Zaha's value on Dalglish's stupidity is relevant.

He'll be about 10-12 million, I would suggest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here