What is your opinion of Wilfried Zaha?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM
Not seen much of zaha so hard for me to comment on him too much but his assists and goals stats in c'ship don't scream 'ready for england'

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore
Whoever Zaha's agent is has done the lad no favours letting him talk about Messi/Ronaldo. Unnecessary hype and spotlight. Let him play.
Classic case of agent allowing price to be bumped up. Just want the lad to play unhindered, and agents rarely think about that.
The bar is set now ridiculously high for a lad who's not played in the top flight yet. Irresponsible to let him do interviews before >
>he's done anything to justify the hype. It's called protecting a young talent. Lad has been thrown to the wolves now to pick over.
Giggs, Rooney. Fergie let them say jack shit, and warned their agents(I know) of talking young. They haven't done too bad since.
If agents don't want young clients to run their mouths of,and be misquoted, advise them not to talk.

Whilst you can respect most of the other reporters, anything collymore says should just be ignored

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having seen them both play, Zaha obviously more so than Sterling, Zaha is currently the better player. Obviously both of them will continue to improve massively and Sterling may become a better player, but at the moment he isn't.

You're an absolute cretin. Sterling is playing against Chelsea. Zaha is playing against Peterborough. Do you not think the standard of the opposition has some relevance? If not, why don't we all just agree that Jake Cassidy at Tranmere is better than either?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Having seen them both play, Zaha obviously more so than Sterling, Zaha is currently the better player. Obviously both of them will continue to improve massively and Sterling may become a better player, but at the moment he isn't.

You've clearly bought into the Zaha hype, and are matching the level his self-worth with your own posts. If you were his mother or bitch, I'd understand your kittenish esteem for him.

But now, you've made your pumped-up, cycloptic point over and over again, and it cuts little ice, and you're now getting tedious.

I mean, TRULY tedious.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was there as well, and Zaha WAS the best player on the pitch as well as being our best player. Assisted Ambrose's goal, won the free kick for Murray to score the winner
Assisted Ambroses goal? You bell-end. Ambrose picked it up 40 yards out, and belted it in the top corner. What assist? It was a sensational strike, and rightly 'got the headlines'.
An assist is when you pass the ball to a player who then scores a goal. HTH.
You're arguments for Zaha being the best player against Man U are that he was the last player to have the ball before Ambrose's wonder goal, and that when Murray scored, it wasn't the goal scorer himself, or the man who delivered the free kick, but the player that fell over that should get the credit. You're such a joke.

Most here would agree that Zaha is an excellent player, but you're so detached from reality you've got everyone arguing with you. Non of your points stack up.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You're such a joke.

Most here would agree that Zaha is an excellent player, but you're so detached from reality you've got everyone arguing with you. Non of you points stack up.

That is about the strength of it.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
You're arguments for Zaha being the best player against Man U are that he was the last player to have the ball before Ambrose's wonder goal, and that when Murray scored, it wasn't the goal scorer himself, or the man who delivered the free kick, but the player that fell over that should get the credit. You're such a joke.

Most here would agree that Zaha is an excellent player, but you're so detached from reality you've got everyone arguing with you. Non of you points stack up.

Including me!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You haven't answered my question. HOW do you know Zaha is the better player when he doesn't play regularly against the same quality of players that Sterling does?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Zaha seems to have brought out the absolute worst in some Albion fans on here. He is a matchwinner, pure and simple, always has been, and the player many admitted they feared pre-match at the Amex last September.

Must admit I thought he would cut Tanno to shreds that night, but ironically I think we were still winning when Taricco went off (fair play to him), and it was later he did the damage.

When the game is so fast you pay top whack for the man that can do something different, change the game at 0-0, unlock a defence with pace/skill/trickery, and Zaha has it.

Frankly the people who reckoned he was just an overrated diver should be feeling very foolish this morning. He is going to go for at least £10million, probably more. And he will do well in the Premier League.

As far as the Ronaldo/Messi stuff is cocerned he has learnt a lesson about what happens when you say that kind of stuff, but it's not that bad. You have to be confident, especially as that kind of player.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You should know better than to read the Mail.

Grow up.

And in any case, that article was written by a Palace fanatic and huge Zaha fan. Who may not be too happy about what the desk have done to his relationship with the player!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Zaha : "only Messi & Ronaldo are better than me"

In fairness, the article in the Mail is written by Neil Ashton - a Palace fan.

Doesn't make it obvious does he. Much.

Explains Zaha's ignorance and misquote of Gus I guess, who incidently never said that Buckley was better than Zaha, just that Will was worth 10 million going by other valuations.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Whenever a player gets selected from outside the Premier League, and in some cases from 'unfashionable' clubs within the PL, it exposes a vast chasm of ignorance among the leading reporters. They just haven't seen these players regularly, and don't know what they are talking about (barring say Neil Ashton in Zaha'a case who supports CPFC).

Believe it or not, you would be better off talking to a Palace fan about his abilities.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I dont care how f***ing good he is , he has said he is 50/50 about playing for England or the Ivory Coast, hodgson should tell him to f*** off to the Ivory coast straight away, the saucy c*nt, have we no self respect at all ?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Zaha seems to have brought out the absolute worst in some Albion fans on here. He is a matchwinner, pure and simple, always has been, and the player many admitted they feared pre-match at the Amex last September.

Must admit I thought he would cut Tanno to shreds that night, but ironically I think we were still winning when Taricco went off (fair play to him), and it was later he did the damage.

When the game is so fast you pay top whack for the man that can do something different, change the game at 0-0, unlock a defence with pace/skill/trickery, and Zaha has it.

Frankly the people who reckoned he was just an overrated diver should be feeling very foolish this morning. He is going to go for at least £10million, probably more. And he will do well in the Premier League.

As far as the Ronaldo/Messi stuff is cocerned he has learnt a lesson about what happens when you say that kind of stuff, but it's not that bad. You have to be confident, especially as that kind of player.

To be fair to most Albion fans - if the situation was reversed that headline would be a red rag to a bull. It's not needed.

Similarly, branding Zaha just a diver is small-minded and a little immature. His strength has really improved and, I'm gonna get pelters for this, the way he rides challenges and lunges is a little Messi-esque. I think Bolasie has won more pens than Wilf this year.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Re: Zaha : "only Messi & Ronaldo are better than me"

You haven't seen him so you're not in a position to comment! Everyone who is making an informed decision (ie has seen him play this season) can see that he's not only the best winger in the league, but the best player too. I expect you'll change your mind on December 1st.

Darren Ferguson said that Zaha is the best player in the league after our game last week. Nigel Pearson said the same thing. As did Mick McCarthy the week before. Ian Holloway, recently managing Tom Ince, said that Zaha was the most talented player he'd ever seen.

Zaha is the real deal. Which is why he's about to become an England international.

I have seen Zaha play on more than one occasion, and he is clearly an exceptional talent. Anyone would be lying if they disputed that. All I'm saying is Wolves Sako, who I have seen several times, looks better at the moment. I have no stats to back that up, just personal opinion of who I like watching. Anyway, time will reveal whether I'm right or wrong (usually, its the latter). Wolves do have an uncanny knack of ruining promising youngsters (see Nathaniel Mendez-Laing).

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Strange that Buckley has been overlooked for the England squad. :lolol:
Buckley is almost 3 years older than Wilfried. At 22, Buckley is one of the better players in the Championship.

At 22, Wilfried will be playing in the world cup for Ivory Coast. Don't even attempt to compare them.

Next.

Edited for you.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Zaha wasn't trying to be arrogant, he was simply trying to say that you can't go onto a pitch feeling like you are inferior to the opposition, unless it is Ronaldo or Messi you're facing as everyone is inferior to them. A sensible attitude - if you go onto the pitch thinking you don't deserve to be there then you've already lost.

He is not the greatest player in the world. He is, however, a very good player with a lot of potential who looks set for a big money move to the Premier League. Whether he will continue his development at the rate he has so far remains to be seen.

To try and argue against his attributes and that he is vastly overrated simply because he plays for Palace is churlish - any of us would be delighted if he played for Brighton. From what I've seen of him he'll go far. Not saying he'll be an integral part of a Champions League winning side, but he seems to have enough about him that he can play an important role for at least a midtable Prem side.

Perhaps he does go down a bit easily but he's not the first player to do that and at the speeds he can reach it doesn't take much to be knocked off balance anyway.

Yes, Palace fans are obviously going to go overboard with the superlatives about their boy and how he is too good, but he's their star player who is being touted (admittedly just as much by the club as by the media) for a big move and they're enjoying the success he is bringing them on the pitch. Just throwing it out there but if he played for us and had helped propel us to the top of the table we'd be doing the same.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Listen to the Palace fans, we've been right about everything re. Zaha before now, despite you telling us that we were mad. Surprise surprise, the people who see him play every week were better than a bunch of miserable, bitter
Brighton fans :)

Are those the same fans who laughed at the 'ridiculous' notion that your club legend and loyal to his very core, Dougie Freedman would even consider moving to Bolton? Forgive me if I don't take your opinions as gospel on matters surrounding football.

Very surprised at Zaha's call up to the full England squad considering that he's not even played that well for the U21's yet. Is it just to do with using a meaningless friendly to get him tied down to England so he can't go and play for Ivory Coast in the future? Or can players still change country if they've just played a friendly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports