Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diver-boy Zaha [Merged threads]

What is your opinion of Wilfried Zaha?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He said yesterday that he wants to play in the Premier League with Palace next season. Whether he leaves in Jan isn't up to him, even if he did want to leave, which there is no evidence for.

Money talks, can you pay him what he no doubt thinks he's worth? Even if you do go up? I doubt it. You must be able to see that given all the hype and the money in the Premier League if somebody there wants him badly enough in January he could well be off regardless of what he's saying at the moment. He obviously believes he is too good for this division and you lot keep telling him the same which is likely to turn his head even more.

We are not talking a small pay rise here either.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Are you completely thick?

You said Holloway said that Zaha was the most talented player he'd ever seen.
I asked a simple question, whether he only said that after becoming your manager.
You answer 'no', and then post a load of quotes that were made after he became your manager :facepalm:

I'm saying it doesn't make it meaningless. Any man and his dog could spot that Wilf is the most talented player in the football league, but Holloway has just worked with Tom Ince who was probably the second best.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
What planet is this goon on?

Zaha 98 games, 11 goals

Buckley 42 games, 11 goals

Next.

Strange that Buckley has been overlooked for the England squad. :lolol:
Buckley is almost 3 years older than Wilfried. At 22, Buckley is one of the better players in the Championship.

At 22, Wilfried will be playing in the world cup for England. Don't even attempt to compare them.

Next.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At 22, Wilfried will be playing in the world cup for England. Next.

:facepalm: That is a BIG leap from just showing the potential, he has actually done f*** all against the best players yet as he hasn't played against them week in week out..another reason why he'll want be off in January, IF he gets to play for England AND is able to rise to the occasion.

He's now a world cup player ?? :lolol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Strange that Buckley has been overlooked for the England squad. :lolol:
Buckley is almost 3 years older than Wilfried. At 22, Buckley is one of the better players in the Championship.

At 22, Wilfried will be playing in the world cup for England. Don't even attempt to compare them.

Next.

It is rather strange how someone over TWICE as prolific has been overlooked.

No he won't. Oxlade, A Johnson, Walcott and Lennon will be.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Zaha : "only Messi & Ronaldo are better than me"

From what I have seen of Zaha (not a huge amount, admittedly), I don't think he is the most promising young winger in this league. I genuinely think the lad Sako from Wolves is better.

And Tom Ince.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
:facepalm: That is a BIG leap from just showing the potential, he has actually done f*** all against the best players yet...another reason why he'll be off in January, IF he gets to play for England AND is able to rise to the occasion.

He's now a world cup player ?? :lolol:

According to the current England manager, yes ???

Against the best players? In the only opportunity he has had, he absolutely destroyed Manchester United at Old Trafford. Humiliating Rafael, Fabio, Jill Sung Park and Valencia who all attempted to man mark him, and all failed to do so. He was quite clearly the best player on the pitch in that game, and he has only improved since.

He won't be off in January. Listen to the Palace fans, we've been right about everything re. Zaha before now, despite you telling us that we were mad. Surprise surprise, the people who see him play every week were better than a bunch of miserable, bitter
Brighton fans :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No.

"He is so unique," Holloway told the Daily Mirror. "He is an untouched, pure talent. I've never worked with anyone like him - he just wants to get the ball and beat people, however many there are, he can do it.

"Before I got to Palace, I was hearing a lot about this boy and I thought, 'Is he better than anybody else?'

"Now I have seen him. Good gracious me, it is quite unbelievable what he can do, and hopefully, a lot of fans around the country will see him still progress because it is so pure.

"You just want to give him the ball. I find myself willing my other players to give it to him because the more he has it, the better my team does.

"Hopefully, if he does play on Wednesday, people will see that and I believe he can do it at the very, very top level.

"If he gets the ball, whoever is in front of him, wherever they are from or whoever they represent, be it a Championship player, a Premier League defender or an international player, I believe Wilfried can beat them.

"The more I see him, the more I am convinced that is the case.

"I think people will see that his ability to actually beat someone is as good as anybody, anywhere else I have seen.

"I think it is totally and utterly refreshing and if he gets the chance to do it for the full England team on Wednesday, then I think you lot will be talking even more about him because I am sure he can beat those Swedes. To beat people is a wonderful thing to see.

Christ. How stupid are you?

This is what Holloway said SIX WEEKS ago, about TOM INCE.
PUBLISHED:21:30 GMT, 3 October 2012| UPDATED: 09:47 GMT, 4 October 2012

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has warned Manchester United that they will not get top scorer Thomas Ince on the cheap, claiming he is better than Arsenal's Theo Walcott .

Ince, 20, has struck six goals in the Championship and made his England Under-21 debut this season, form that has alerted Sir Alex Ferguson among others. However, Holloway, who believes the forward can emulate his father Paul by playing for United and England, insists he will not let Ince go easily.

'I don’t think the other two flying wingers [Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Theo Walcott] are any better than him,' said Holloway.

'It is because they play for Arsenal. Incey has been creating and scoring. In other words, if Arsene Wenger bought him, he’d be good enough to start for England.

'I can't keep anybody. I am working with them to get them to a Man United or Arsenal.

'That's what I want to do for these boys. I have got to keep turning them out and that's how it is. If we are not successful this year, do I want to stand in his way? Probably not. But we deserve a fair amount of money for him.'

He added: 'He has been absolutely unplayable for us and has been outstanding in such a short period of time,' he said.

'Lord knows what he could do with an England shirt on his back now. His end product is absolutely top, top drawer.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
It is rather strange how someone over TWICE as prolific has been overlooked.

No he won't. Oxlade, A Johnson, Walcott and Lennon will be.

You can't compare the stats of a 17 year old winger to a 20 year old. It would be like comparing Raheem Sterling and Zaha in terms of end product. It simply isn't fair on the young kid, because he's up against a player far more experienced.

This season Buckley isn't more prolific. Or last season. Only when Zaha was 17 and Buckley was 20 was he actually more prolific.

By the way, Zaha being picked over Buckley isn't AT ALL strange. Zaha is a far superior player, despite being so much younger.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the only opportunity he has had, he absolutely destroyed Manchester United at Old Trafford. Humiliating Rafael, Fabio, Jill Sung Park and Valencia who all attempted to man mark him, and all failed to do so. He was quite clearly the best player on the pitch in that game, and he has only improved since.

More bullshit. United went at that game utterly half-arsed, and put in zero effort the whole game. Dn't try to tell me otherwise - I was there.
Clyne was your best player, and Murray was superb too. Smalling looked to me the most accomplished player on the pitch. Zaha had some good moments, but he wasn't even YOUR best player.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm saying it doesn't make it meaningless.
Ah, that's not what you said (as it's not what I asked).
Any man and his dog could spot that Wilf is the most talented player in the football league, but Holloway has just worked with Tom Ince who was probably the second best.
Any man and his dog can see it, but Holloway couldn't see it when Blackpool played Palace twice last season, or when Holloway studied videos of Palace before each of those games, but now he's the biased manager of Palace he suddenly sees it. That doesn't say much about your manager does it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can't compare the stats of a 17 year old winger to a 20 year old. It would be like comparing Raheem Sterling and Zaha in terms of end product. It simply isn't fair on the young kid, because he's up against a player far more experienced.

This season Buckley isn't more prolific. Or last season. Only when Zaha was 17 and Buckley was 20 was he actually more prolific.

By the way, Zaha being picked over Buckley isn't AT ALL strange. Zaha is a far superior player, despite being so much younger.

You're an absolute idiot mate. Buckley's stats LAST YEAR (in terms of goals + assists) were better than Zaha's.

And Sterling is three years younger still, and BETTER, and you say its unfair to compare them?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Look, Zaha is clearly a very good young player and he will definately go on to play in the Premier League, but we do love over-hyping a player in this country. Personally, I would love to see him in an England shirt if he proves himself playing against top defences (as long as he's not in a Palace shirt in the Prem!!). As yet, barring the odd cup game, he's not played anybody of international standard. Thats not a dig at him, just a statement of fact. Lets see how he develops before comparing him to Best, Maradona et al shall we?

Would the media still be talking him up if he'd cosen Ivory Coast? Maybe not... Whatever happens, he's on a pedestal now. As a result, he needs to meet his potential or the media will push him off.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
More bullshit. United went at that game utterly half-arsed, and put in zero effort the whole game. Dn't try to tell me otherwise - I was there.
Clyne was your best player, and Murray was superb too. Smalling looked to me the most accomplished player on the pitch. Zaha had some good moments, but he wasn't even YOUR best player.

Rubbish. How the f*** do you think you can tell a Palace fan who their best player is? I was there as well, and Zaha WAS the best player on the pitch as well as being our best player. Assisted Ambrose's goal, won the free kick for Murray to score the winner, and rightly got all the headlines.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You're an absolute idiot mate. Buckley's stats LAST YEAR (in terms of goals + assists) were better than Zaha's.

And Sterling is three years younger still, and BETTER, and you say its unfair to compare them?

Sterling is not better.

Buckleys stats last year, in terms of goals and assists, were not as good as Zaha's. This year, they aren't as good as Zaha's, and he has had twice as long of a career. Zaha is, all round, a much better player.

Anyone who seriously thinks you can compare Buckley to Zaha is a lunatic and should stop watching football. Zaha is in the England squad, he's the best player in the division and he's being linked to Man United and Real Madrid in the papers. Nobody in the press has even HEARD of Buckley.

Your bitter jealousy is so, so obvious. It all seems to be going so well for Palace at the moment and you can't stand it. We're top of the league, 9 points ahead of you, and now we've got a 29 year old England international! :) :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Time to reel out this little beaut again...

f***ing hell, shut. Up. You are so boring there are no words capable of summarising the levels of tedium you create. We get it. You support palace. Everything is well and good and brilliant. You have the best keeper and the best full backs and the best centre backs, the best striker, the best midfielders, the best player in the f***ing world. Messi is a jumped up little pretender to almighty winifred's rightful crown of best player evertm. Your chairman only ever speaks the truth, your coaching staff are better than any in the prem, you're going to get promoted and then win the premier league and then the champions league and then the f***ing world cup. Your stadium is going to be made into a 70000 seater theatre of worship to the greatest club ever where the best and most loyal fans can beat the best drum and happy clap to the best goal music and wank over the best f***ing eagle the world has ever seen. The crystals definitely don't have chlamydia. And most of all will buckley is three years older then zaha. Thanks for keeping our feet on the ground. Now you've educated us, can you just f*** off, and wherever you get to, f*** off from there too, and keep f***ing off told you're the best at f***ing off in the whole world and you can fit in with all the other record breaking pondlife at your fetid, diseased, embarrassing cesspit of a 'club'. Prick.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
According to the current England manager, yes ???

Against the best players? In the only opportunity he has had, he absolutely destroyed Manchester United at Old Trafford. Humiliating Rafael, Fabio, Jill Sung Park and Valencia who all attempted to man mark him, and all failed to do so. He was quite clearly the best player on the pitch in that game, and he has only improved since.

He won't be off in January. Listen to the Palace fans, we've been right about everything re. Zaha before now, despite you telling us that we were mad. Surprise surprise, the people who see him play every week were better than a bunch of miserable, bitter
Brighton fans :)

Where have I posted anything that was bitter? I am just trying to suggest that your assertion that he is guaranteed to be with you until next season is potentially flawed.

Something else that you are choosing to overlook as you rave about his performance at Old Trafford last year is that it was one game against a team who obviously weren't that up for it. Playing week in week out against the top players will not be the cakewalk you seem to imagine it will be and if in the unlikely event he can do it, even more reason for him to leave in January.

Oh hang on I forgot, he's already a world cup player who wants to stay with Palace :smile:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here