Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty cheating Blackburn

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
What a load of utter nonsense.

As a southern Rovers fan who went to the game and enjoyed it, i can safely say you have no idea what you are talking about.

Brighton are known for keeping the ball during the game whilst playing at home and we deployed a good defensive tactic to make sure we absorbed your attacks. Is this why you are annoyed?

You say you are annoyed that we deployed the "usual tricks to prevent football from being played"? So what does that make Upson's cynical kicking out at CKR during a counter attack 4 on 4 in the first half. What about El Abd's pathetic handball when Jordan Rhodes was shooting on target when we were 1-0 up?

If we had rightly been given a penalty at that point, Rhodes would have banged it in, we'd have been 2-0 up and Brighton would have been under massive pressure.

Simple fact is you were lucky to draw. Not because we had the better number of chances, but because we took our chances and our goalkeeper was having a good game.

Get over this pathetic excuse making and move on. Take a point in which you were lucky to get, much like you were lucky to get a point at Ewood when the referee awarded you a 97th minute penalty in the 5 mins of time added on.

You have been fortunate both home and away. Deal with it, we have.

Covenient that you ignore the fact that your teams sole intention was to injure our players.

There's no way you can condone that..........can you?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
As i have said above. Heard the shouts from the Brighton fans (embarassing), not even your own players appealed for pens.
Worth noting that there is a huge monitor above the north stand that replays everything of note. It replayed the Markus Olsson handball, it replayed the action in which Brighton were involved in, and i never saw a handball, neither were any of these "good shouts" shown on highlights or extended highlights of the match. Which is kind of interesting as they all replayed the El Abd handball that wasn't given.

The first one you refer to i haven't seen and nobody but you has mentioned.
As for Grant Hanley's chesting down of the ball from the Ulloa header that's exactly what it was... No hand involved.

As for the fouls etc and the ref costing you the game. Apart from the penalty he didn't give us which was stonewall. I thought he had a alright game...

As for the rest of your rubbish. I'm sorry i didn't realise i was blocking forum traffic posting in the Cardiff match topic? Oh... I'm not... So what's the problem? :lolol:

- - - Updated - - -

BensGrandad;5 :rolleyes::facepalm:[/QUOTE said:
I'm guessing this a joke post.

All of it is total bollocks. As with pretty much all stadiums the replays shown will never show fouls that aren't given. In fact they don't usually show decisions that are given unless they are stonewall like our penalty.

Your bit about the ref really made my blood boil because I haven't seen as a bad a ref in all my 31 years of watching the albion. I imagine your players had a nice chat with him on the team bus on the way home.

To be honest I can't believe you even have the nerve to come on here supporting your team, if I ever saw Brighton employing tactics like that I'd give up on them. Maybe that's something you should consider, Burnley is close to you why don't you support them they play much better football and on the whole are a better football club.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
Covenient that you ignore the fact that your teams sole intention was to injure our players.

There's no way you can condone that..........can you?

Not saying we put in any hard tackles.
But to be fair. You had more fouls go against you. It was just a pretty heated match.

'Could' Murphy have gone... Yes sure... But the referee warned him instead. It happens in matches.

You can't argue that we should have had a penalty.

What do you all think would have happened if we had put that ball in the net and made it 2-0?

Also have seen extended highlights which (before i took them down) i showed in video replay some examples of your claims.

What it boils down to is this though.

Brighton had more of the ball.
We were more clinical with what little chances we had on target.
We were denied one of the most stonewall penalties you are ever likely to see.
It could be argued that the hard tackling resulting in our yellows were as a result of the penalty not being given and the penalty which was harsh being given against us. All but 1 of the yellows we got were within 5 mins of your penalty being given.

Had the penalty been given to the letter of the law in football, we would have likely gone 2-0 up (Rhodes doesn't miss pens) and our players tempers wouldn't have been inflamed.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
N

Shut up Tom you melt. Be glad she decided to keep you, Sir Bitch-a-lot

Post your name, a date to meet and time you cowardly little shit and say that to my face. Until then shut the f*** up.
Easy to post cowardly bollocks when your name isn't known isn't it.

If i knew a Rovers fan like you, i would be bloody ashamed.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Post your name, a date to meet and time you cowardly little shit and say that to my face. Until then shut the f*** up.
Easy to post cowardly bollocks when your name isn't known isn't it.

If i knew a Rovers fan like you, i would be bloody ashamed.

I'll say it to your face if you want :shrug: if I can stand to look at it for more than 5 seconds of course. What are you gonna do, drown me in oxy10? Just a word of advice, if you're gonna play hard man, it doesn't really wash after you've just spent the past week posting whiney essays about football on the Internet.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
I'll say it to your face if you want :shrug: if I can stand to look at it for more than 5 seconds of course. What are you gonna do, drown me in oxy10? Just a word of advice, if you're gonna play hard man, it doesn't really wash after you've just spent the past week posting whiney essays about football on the Internet.

No name, no date/time, no location.

Just as i thought.

COWARD.

Yoda

English & European
I'm still wanting to see this penalty decision you keep harping on about.

Speaking of penalties not being given, we also had a stone wall one NOT given in the last few minutes. LuaLua went to cross the ball and one of your defenders slid in with his arms above his head. Ball strikes both arms, nothing given.

So stop whinging, it's evened out.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Oh right, yes sorry ok. Got a bit caught up in the emotion there.

It's 32 Manor Road, Whitehawk Brighton BN2 5EE. After 5 is good but not Tuesdays as I have bridge club round. There is onsite parking but you can use old O'Sullivan's driveway opposite if its busy, DON'T BLOCK HIS CAR IN he has a gammy leg. Can you bring teabags too? Frightfully rude but I've never had a real life (mod edited) baby round, wasn't sure what you guys drink? Bottled milk id imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Don't plan the meet for Dukes Mound :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here