Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty cheating Blackburn

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
For a team of ex premier league players & big money signings have you ever seen a team come to the Amex with a shit game plan that involved time wasting, fouling and all the usual tricks that basically prevented football from being played.

It pays a massive compliment to Albion but Blackburn were a disgrace in periods of that game.

Dirty northern bastards!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We would do exactly the same away from home if 1-0 up

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Scumbag cheating shits !
Ref was an absolute tool as well almost certainly bullied at school
wanted to be a Policeman but was only fit to be a a Traffic Warden.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They had 5 players on yellow cards tonight. Worst thugs to ever show at the AMEX. A stronger ref and they'd have finished with 9 on the pitch.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
maybe we should look a bit closer to home when apportioning blame for not winning tonight

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We would do exactly the same away from home if 1-0 up

In more than 37 years of watching Albion I have never seen them do that
nor would I ever expect to. We just don't lower ourselves to that level.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
maybe we should look a bit closer to home when apportioning blame for not winning tonight

Who's apportioning blame for us not winning? All I've read in this thread is criticism of Blackburn because they were so dirty, and of the ref for letting them get away with it. And in both cases the criticism is justified.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Who's apportioning blame for us not winning? All I've read in this thread is criticism of Blackburn because they were so dirty, and of the ref for letting them get away with it. And in both cases the criticism is justified.

every time we dont win people come on here moaning about the referee, the opposition's tactics, etc, etc. Yes Blackburn bullied us and yes they wasted time but when you look at the last two matches (the one's when we were going on the attack) we've relied on Vicente to score a free kick and a penalty. Yes Vicente was brilliant tonight, but everyone else was average at best.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
every time we dont win people come on here moaning about the referee, the opposition's tactics, etc, etc. Yes Blackburn bullied us and yes they wasted time but when you look at the last two matches (the one's when we were going on the attack) we've relied on Vicente to score a free kick and a penalty. Yes Vicente was brilliant tonight, but everyone else was average at best.

Wrong. There was a thread about Stuart Attwell started almost immediately after we beat Hull, which was justified because he was equally as poor.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I understand what you are saying, but the thread is not entirely about blaming Blackburn and the ref for our not winning. That's a different subject, and yes we are not the finished article yet - but boy we are headed there.

However, Blackburn came a did a job. The ref also let them get away with blatant time wasting. Doesn't change the result, but fair observations.

If I were a rovers fan I'd be going home feeling very lucky and also very depressed at how poor my side were in comparison. I'd be thinking that Brighton play positive and my side is a side that's angry, disjointed and biding its time before further backward steps. Appleton is not the answer.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

While we had the opportunity to kill them off I'm flabbergasted that Blackburn are 8th with quality ( not ) like that !

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
I don't usually comments on the referee threads etc but today blackburn's behaviour on the pitch was horrendous and they continually got away with it... I know we have our moments but if the Albion played the why Blackburn did today I would be embarrassed

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

agree,we just arent clinical enough,with this and the bolton game,we had enough to win ten bloody games!!!
but goingin the right direction,shame we will lose 3/4members of the team end of the year

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If Blackburn were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
They were a rough & dirty team, but technically they were very good. Great game of football, that.

Agreed you could see the quality in phases. They obviously weren't confident enough to beat us by playing football though hence the poor tackling, fouling & time wasting. If we'd taken our chances we'd have buried Blackburn long before they had a chance to show themselves up for the kind of play they reserved for Arsenal and Chelsea when they were in the Prem last year.

- - - Updated - - -

They were a rough & dirty team, but technically they were very good. Great game of football, that.

Agreed you could see the quality in phases. They obviously weren't confident enough to beat us by playing football though hence the poor tackling, fouling & time wasting. If we'd taken our chances we'd have buried Blackburn long before they had a chance to show themselves up for the kind of play they reserved for Arsenal and Chelsea when they were in the Prem last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here