Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick's Bar ... What IS going on????

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
barely a positive comment about it. Pretty impressive downfall after the initial fanfare.

It's always packed on a match day though so can't be doing too badly.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How many other clubs have museums? I only know of Preston.

The Chelsea and Arsenal museums were looked at as part of the planning for the Albion museum. (The Chelsea one is rather corporate but with plenty of interactive toys and a very nice stadium model. Arsenal's is in a cramped basement area and almost has too much stuff in it, but that's the price of 80 years of success I suppose. Neither is actually in the stadium itself.)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ah, loads more complaints about Dick's Bar.
Well, when the stadium was being built at one time we were told 'You don't need a supporters' bar - you've got the concourses'. (This was at the same time as we were told 'Football fans don't drink real ale, John!') We dug our heels in and got the bar and the beer. To be blunt, it was Hobson's choice: 'this is the space available'. I agree it's not exactly the Jolly Roger in St Pauli (which isn't actually in the ground!) but I don't think it's that bad. I have been in many other clubs' bars in my time and I don't recollect any that were any better. Orient, say: lovely beer, frankly an overcrowded concourse, I prefer Dick's. But of course it needs improvement. When the adjacent museum opens (will be soon) the place will have a slightly different feel about it. I'd like to see changes too, but that means people actually making suggestions and being prepared to get involved. I know a lot of people enjoyed the post match bands: I made about 3 appeals on here for people to come in and make suggestions/ help book bands/help with logistics/run PA etc but frankly got no response worth mentioning and I am simply too busy with my own gigs to put stuff on at the Amex more than once or twice a year. If anyone has any positive suggestions as to how the atmosphere could be improved, let's discuss them here and if they get a positive response, let the person/people who come up with them email Paul Barber and I am sure we can get changes made. But it does mean people making positive suggestions and, if necessary, being prepared to get involved to help implement them.

"Supporters' Bar". It's not though is it?

My sons - who both sat through years and years at Withdean aren't welcome because they are under 18 but opposition fans are allowed. Cheers for that.

Stumpy Tim

Ah, loads more complaints about Dick's Bar.
Well, when the stadium was being built at one time we were told 'You don't need a supporters' bar - you've got the concourses'. (This was at the same time as we were told 'Football fans don't drink real ale, John!') We dug our heels in and got the bar and the beer. To be blunt, it was Hobson's choice: 'this is the space available'. I agree it's not exactly the Jolly Roger in St Pauli (which isn't actually in the ground!) but I don't think it's that bad. I have been in many other clubs' bars in my time and I don't recollect any that were any better. Orient, say: lovely beer, frankly an overcrowded concourse, I prefer Dick's. But of course it needs improvement. When the adjacent museum opens (will be soon) the place will have a slightly different feel about it. I'd like to see changes too, but that means people actually making suggestions and being prepared to get involved. I know a lot of people enjoyed the post match bands: I made about 3 appeals on here for people to come in and make suggestions/ help book bands/help with logistics/run PA etc but frankly got no response worth mentioning and I am simply too busy with my own gigs to put stuff on at the Amex more than once or twice a year. If anyone has any positive suggestions as to how the atmosphere could be improved, let's discuss them here and if they get a positive response, let the person/people who come up with them email Paul Barber and I am sure we can get changes made. But it does mean people making positive suggestions and, if necessary, being prepared to get involved to help implement them.

Attilia bingo:

Supporters bar - tick
Real Ale - tick
We got the bar and the beer against all odds - tick
St Pauli - tick
Museum - tick
People get involved - tick
Too busy with my own gigs - tick

HOUSE!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Attilia bingo:

Supporters bar - tick
Real Ale - tick
We got the bar and the beer against all odds - tick
St Pauli - tick
Museum - tick
People get involved - tick
Too busy with my own gigs - tick

HOUSE!

I understood to get a full house in Attila Bingo you also need The Goldstone , Archer and Bellotti ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here