Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicks bar mosaic

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Wow. Your understanding of English really is very basic. You can have your final word now to make you look big. It bothers me not.

Oh but it does. You've been floundering for the last few posts and that's why all you're left with are these frankly desperate personal attacks. What next? A "your mum" joke and yet another post about how much cleverer you think you are?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I laughed when I saw it. Sorry.

Surely it's really small?

I think it adds to it really. The mosaic is evolving.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Judas ****. Thats what I call evolving art. There is no wrong with art.
True. Part of me hates the 'linear' approach to art where the artist produces, we observe and that's it. If the Mosaic is indeed an evolving piece of art rather than a fixed representation then I think I'll nip up there and deface a few faces of people I don't like. (I know for a fact there's a picture of a Palace fan on it, so I'm going to write 'wanker' on it) After all, if one person's additional contribution is ok surely everybody's is? Can't be elitist about this.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Murray went in my dads shop a week or so back but hates talking about football. In fact the guys in there think he doesn't really like football. Much more into his films and stuff.
He's just a bloke trying to make money. Things is though, it was a bit daft of him not to know that he would be disliked in the town he lives in if he went to Croydon. So because of that, I think the new improved artwork is justified.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Talking of graffiti, I spotted this in a pub loo last Saturday. It's someone's damning critique of two Spanish arts councils. I love how pretentious this town is.

28mn09e.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do I have to give a view? I'm just amused at the way this moral outrage is being argued. Anyway, one man's graffiti is another man's art. Isn't that the whole point of Banksy? And no, I'm not suggesting that the graffiti is artistic but someone doesn't respect Murray being there. I understand the sentiment.

Ever heard of the Chapman brothers? They're Turner Prize winners and they bought a painting by someone they didn't respect just so they could deface it and they called that art. It's a funny old world.

Thought so.

Selective in your moral views: Critical of internet words, but won't condemn the vandalism of someone else's artwork and property, which is also a criminal offence.

Sad.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We're all morally selective, aren't we?

I'm not particularly critical of "internet" words either, whatever they are. As I've been saying to you and the other chap, I just find it amusing that you call someone childish and then give them a wanker smiley.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The graffiti itself is very funny.

Nevertheless it's pretty disgraceful to deface this particular piece of albion heritage.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This.

By all accounts he didn't want to go. Our fault.

How can that be? He had a real choice and chose to sign for Palace. Shouldn't really beat ourselves up about that.

Anyway, the number 17 shirt is still free - a test for Glenn Murray : If he really does want to play for us, then all he needs do is not sign his contract extension and come back for no fee in just 15 months time.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
You know what I thought it was funny but if you look at the bigger picture it is a work of art and it shouldn't of been vandalised.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here