Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Desperate need of a goal scorer

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Blindingly obvious that we need at least one more striker. Suspect CH thought Elvis would be the 4th once O'Grady had gone but clear Manu isn't yet up to it, if he ever will be. Consequently up front is the only area with absolutely no competition for places. This needs to be addressed if we are to stay the course for automatic promotion which now has to be the aim.
But it is November in a few hours and we are still unbeaten which is tremendous.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
BZ is certainly not the answer and hasn't been for many years.

At this point in time the Club (TB) has got to bite the bullet, we are very very close but the gambler has to twist.

There is no point in even talking about the likes of Jonathan Callieri ( at least two months away ) and TB has to seriously go for it in the transfer window to seal the deal which will inevitably pay off with promotion.

If a real deal striker is not signed, a really good opportunity will have been missed.

UTA

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
You don't have to spend 5 million plus. I wouldn't say we got lucky either with Ulloa. We wasted 3.5 million on CMS and perhaps we were due a good signing.

Jonathan Kodjia, Chris Wood, Callum Wilson,joe mason etc.
Liked Blackman today, lovely balance, pace, lovely dribbling skills, and quick feet, gave us trouble, although did not score.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Liked Blackman today, lovely balance, pace, lovely dribbling skills, and quick feet, gave us trouble, although did not score.
Agree.. A real handful. Apparently the Readig fans were unhappy with him last season but he certainly looks the part now. Pace is such an asset and is something we really lack in the side especially with Kaz injured. It makes a huge difference.
And Reading have Vydra too, who inevitably scored against us today. Imagine him in our side now? It would have been a gamble and I don't know if the club could have done it but right now it looks like a mistake not to pay Watford the 2 million quid to take him on loan for the season.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Agree.. A real handful. Apparently the Readig fans were unhappy with him last season but he certainly looks the part now. Pace is such an asset and is something we really lack in the side especially with Kaz injured. It makes a huge difference.
And Reading have Vydra too, who inevitably scored against us today. Imagine him in our side now? It would have been a gamble and I don't know if the club could have done it but right now it looks like a mistake not to pay Watford the 2 million quid to take him on loan for the season.
Yep totally agree with you on all parts. Liked the look of him today very gifted. Pace and quick feet crucial. Let's see and keep fingers crossed we obtain somebody with blackmans assets!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If we are getting a top striker in January we will still have about 21 games left. A striker could come in on loan but any decent striker will either be playing for their club, or back up in case of injuries.
Perhaps Hemed will come good, must bear in mind he came in after a lay off with an injury, put straight in and away on international duty a fair bit. I still do not think he has settled in yet.
So hopefully him or Baldock will start converting a few, BZ to come on and get some...... then a good signing in January.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My judgement is that we would have got more points and would have oushed us further. That is good value. But i could be wrong snd if he hadnt then i agree, not good value

Can you imagine the binfest on here, had we paid that amount for a loan signing, who hadn't scored in thirteen games?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Best striker I've seen for some time, prefer him over some of the others that have been mentioned.

Probably we could offer O'Grady plus cash [emoji6]

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Best striker I've seen for some time, prefer him over some of the others that have been mentioned.

Yes spot on, lovely seeing somebody with true gift to beat defenders with skill and a dribble, exciting player. Yes one to keep an eye on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shows how a striker can improve as he was poor last season and then look at Harry Kane when he was hawked around as a loanee who would have predicted his progress.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hemed is a 1 in 4 career striker so he's bang on course to get the 12-13 goals that his stats suggested he would.

The problem - and I hate to say it - is Baldock. He was bought to score two in five, it's simply not happening.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Hemed is a 1 in 4 career striker so he's bang on course to get the 12-13 goals that his stats suggested he would.

The problem - and I hate to say it - is Baldock. He was bought to score two in five, it's simply not happening.

That is where i am. I wouldnt release him but he should be challenging the first team choice, the sub, the person when there is an injury, no the first choice

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Aspinall suggested he is very very one footed?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Aspinall suggested he is very very one footed?

One footed or not, He was very dangerous this afternoon. Every time he got the ball, he had one thing on his mind and that was to run at, and often, through, the middle of our defence. He was very impressive. We need someone like that...someone with real pace and presence.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I cannot ever envisage paying for a loan in terms of a fee, wages yes. But hey, I am an old git and it is a changing world.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If the first third of the season is an example of what we are like when we are in desperate need of a goalscorer it'll do for me :thumbsup:

I think the phrase we are looking for is would be good to have another

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here