Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Desperate need of a goal scorer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chris is ultra cautious and Tony prepared to gamble, complement each other well.

I've read some intriguing quotes attributed to Hughton

"It's harder to manage up than manage down" suggesting that dealing with a board of directors is trickier than the dressing room, and

"I'd rather lose 1-0 than 3-1" which ties in with his cautious team setup.

Apparently a very good interview with Liam Rosenior on the Radio Sussex phone in shedding some light on our approach to signings.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Apparently a very good interview with Liam Rosenior on the Radio Sussex phone in shedding some light on our approach to signings.

Liam Rosenior came across extremely well in that interview.
Easy to see what players of his experience and intelligence bring to the dressing room. It's showing on the pitch too because team togetherness and organisation is superb this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liam Rosenior came across extremely well in that interview.
Easy to see what players of his experience and intelligence bring to the dressing room. It's showing on the pitch too because team togetherness and organisation is superb this season.

I didnt hear it but son phoned and said I should try to find it and listen is it available any where.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We cannot buy one now so do we approach a club for a loan to buy in January thus spending big money or do we look for a Kevin Phillips type loan, mind I dont know who to suggest. Whats Ricardo Vaz Te doing now?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I didnt hear it but son phoned and said I should try to find it and listen is it available any where.

No idea, sorry. Have to try BBC and official club site I suppose. The bloke oozes professionalism and said he wants to go into management himself one day. Spoke very highly of CH, which of course he would anyway, but sounded like genuine respect for a very well regarded manager.
So many positives to this season so far. Think we can expect big things from it if we carry on progressing like this.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Chris is ultra cautious and Tony prepared to gamble, complement each other well.

I've read some intriguing quotes attributed to Hughton

"It's harder to manage up than manage down" suggesting that dealing with a board of directors is trickier than the dressing room, and

"I'd rather lose 1-0 than 3-1" which ties in with his cautious team setup.

The second quote is from The Times interview earlier this week (requires £)
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4594462.ece

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We should have supplemented with Vydra as many said at the time. Would have been fantastic value

£2.5 million for a LOAN. Vydra has scored just one goal, today.

I'm sorry, I don't call that fantastic value.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We cannot buy one now so do we approach a club for a loan to buy in January thus spending big money or do we look for a Kevin Phillips type loan, mind I dont know who to suggest. Whats Ricardo Vaz Te doing now?

Still top and unbeaten after a traditionally shit month and having had players missing through injury or suspension for the past 5 games. Are we that desperate that we can't play out another 10 pictures before the Jan window opens? We may not be top 2, but this team is certainly good enough to pick up enough points to ensure that we will still be right in the mix on Jan 1st.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
£2.5 million for a LOAN. Vydra has scored just one goal, today.

I'm sorry, I don't call that fantastic value.

My judgement is that we would have got more points and would have oushed us further. That is good value. But i could be wrong snd if he hadnt then i agree, not good value

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I thought getting Bobby Z was the answer.

Did the question change?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Possibly controversially, I think Colunga would have been a more likely scorer than Baldock. He had natural ability, class and a lovely touch of arrogance. Baldock is more of a runner and a scuffler who couldnt put a foot wrong last year, but has struggled to replicate it at a higher level. Sadly reminiscent of CMS.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Indeed. Without Bobby Z we would almost certainly be 6th, rather than top... and it's still early days.

He ain't the 20 goal a season man anymore, but he will often be the difference between 1 point and 3.

As well as BZ, not instead. We need someone better than Baldock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here