Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The amazing thing is, I have asked these so called Leeds bellends what has beilsa actually done to make them think he's a top class coach? Still awaiting answers.

How do Leeds think the loan system works with younger players and development?
The only answer given is we are Leeds.

Some of them don't just think he's a top class coach. They actually seem to think he's the best coach in the world at the moment. It's truly bizarre.

I wonder if their view will change if he decides not to sign a new contract. I know it's unlikely but it would be very funny

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Jesus wept their love for Bielsa is tragic.
If he is such an incredible manager how did he fail in taking them up from the championship in his first season at Leeds?

Last top flight job (job prior to Leeds) was in French league with Lille. Released many established pros, brought in a load of new players, shocking results, suspended then sacked in under 6 months. He was a total car crash. God my arse.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Last top flight job (job prior to Leeds) was in French league with Lille. Released many established pros, brought in a load of new players, shocking results, suspended then sacked in under 6 months. He was a total car crash. God my arse.

And fell out with our very own Yves Bissouma, by making him play at right back.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Oh, they’ve topped that one. Did you know that Bielsa “laid the foundations” to make Messi the player he is?

If you wait long enough they'll claim his brilliance made Stanley Matthews, Pele and Don Bradman and that he discovered the first dinosaur bones.

And fell out with our very own Yves Bissouma, by making him play at right back.

All part of the plan to make Bissouma a better midfielder, us mere mortals don't understand his methods.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brace yourselves for this. Some class A delusion right here.

Doesn’t understand how buying and selling works [emoji3581]
Doesn’t understand how clubs use the loan system [emoji3581]

Whelan urged Albion to be realistic in their valuation of White, who he claims is desperate to return to Leeds this summer.

“He has had one season in the Championship,”*he told Football Insider.

“Brighton were not even bothered before that.
They are holding Ben White to ransom because of one good season.
“A great football player but it is not like he has been playing in the top flight, where you can command a fee like Nathan Ake. Right now, £22million for a player they have not even used is a good deal. It is a fair price for everybody. They need to be realistic.*

“I am sure Ben White would love to come to Leeds United and carry on where he left off this year. He feels settled at the club, he likes the lads at the club.

“We need Ben White. It might be a case of an initial £22million and we rise it to £27million if we stay in the Premier League – that could be a goer. That might be tempting to them.”

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-leeds-tipped-to-submit-27m-bid-after-big-sky-reveal/

So like most Leeds fans, Mr Whelan doesn’t quite grasp how buying and selling works.

Ok mate. Let’s use your logic. I’ve decided that your house is worth £200k. That should be enough I’ve decided. Don’t be greedy. I expect the keys next week, thanks.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've honestly never seen anything like it. They must have all come out of the woodwork since Bielsa came on board, it was never this bad when we were both in the Championship.

Truly astonishing levels of delusion.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Whelan urged Albion to be realistic in their valuation of White, who he claims is desperate to return to Leeds this summer.

“A great football player but it is not like he has been playing in the top flight, where you can command a fee like Nathan Ake. Right now, £22million for a player they have not even used is a good deal. It is a fair price for everybody. They need to be realistic.*

“I am sure Ben White would love to come to Leeds United and carry on where he left off this year. He feels settled at the club, he likes the lads at the club.

“We need Ben White. It might be a case of an initial £22million and we rise it to £27million if we stay in the Premier League – that could be a goer. That might be tempting to them.”

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-leeds-tipped-to-submit-27m-bid-after-big-sky-reveal/

So like most Leeds fans, Mr Whelan doesn’t quite grasp how buying and selling works.

Ok mate. Let’s use your logic. I’ve decided that your house is worth £200k. That should be enough I’ve decided. Don’t be greedy. I expect the keys next week, thanks.

I've never known a club where former players seem quite so keen to talk about their transfer targets throughout pre season.

Every day there seems to be a new former Leeds player (Jermaine Beckford yesterday) saying that Ben White is desperate to play for Leeds and Brighton should accept any offer from Leeds. It's very odd and another reflection of the lack of class from Leeds.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I've never known a club where former players seem quite so keen to talk about their transfer targets throughout pre season.

Every day there seems to be a new former Leeds player (Jermaine Beckford yesterday) saying that Ben White is desperate to play for Leeds and Brighton should accept any offer from Leeds. It's very odd and another reflection of the lack of class from Leeds.

The same Jermaine Beckford who couldn't wait to leave Leeds? A classless turnip of the highest order who wants Ben to behave like he did?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Me neither, but if ex keeper Paul Robinson is to be believed, then [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] is spot on, why give away or be so desperate to sell a player who many think is this good.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-transfers-liverpool-ben-white-18748509

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

Holy shit this is frankly embarrassing.

There’s some bizarre assumptions in here. The first one being that we want to sell him.
The second one being that we should sell him to Leeds.

All Leeds have done so far is massively inflate his value with their free marketing. They’ve made so much noise.

If Brighton play this one right the club and player will be known all over the world. We’ll certainly sell a lot of Ben White shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Assuming Leeds continue an ultimately unsuccessful pursuit of Ben White..... then they are wasting precious time that could be spent on a suitable replacement.

They could end up panic buying in September......

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Leeds, have finally made some top signings for the maestro to work his magic on.

Charlie Allen [Linfield - Leeds] Undisclosed
Joe Gelhardt [Wigan Athletic - Leeds] Undisclosed

and someone else they can imagine is theirs

Jack Harrison [Man City - Leeds] Loan

Splashing the premier league cash.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Leeds, have finally made some top signings for the maestro to work his magic on.

It’s a bit odd that Man City would ‘cart’ Jack out to ‘rot’ at Leeds on loan when he could be playing in the City 1st team. Clearly he just isn’t rated very highly.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
[tweet]1293204931147640833[/tweet]

Don’t worry about paying those bills or paying into a pension fund Ben, all that history at Leeds will cover them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]1293204931147640833[/tweet]

Don’t worry about paying those bills or paying into a pension fund Ben, all that history at Leeds will cover them.

He forgot sticks of rock and the fact that he is under contract to us for a couple more years

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Wouldn't have minded Gelhardt coming here for the under 23's, may come good in a couple of years. If he had we could have loaned him out to Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here