Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death from drugs

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
With the recent discussions on Methadrone, it got me thinking.

When hearing of such deaths am I the only person to think

"tough shit, what did you expect?"

Does this make me a bad person?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm afraid itis the risk you take when you partake in dangerous drugs. Heartless? maybe. If I was a relative i'd be obviously upset but I am with you on that one.

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
When you know people who it has happened to you tend to have a less judgemental view.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thats bit harsh.

what i dont understand is the focus on drug deaths. people die all the time in dangerous sports and leisure pursuits, you dont hear anyone calling for rock climbing, pot holing, skydiving, horse riding, motorsport etc to be banned.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
2 people die and they want it banned...

...remind me again how many die because of alcohol abuse?

EXACTLY!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This quote made me angry....

A student, 23, told The Sun how he had a "terrifying" reaction to meow meow, real name mephedrone.

He went temporarily BLIND after taking it at a party in South Shields, Tyne and Wear. He said: "I woke up in a field but I don't know how I got there. I was amazed to learn this drug's legal. It needs banning."

I could almost guarantee that this PRICK was drinking heavily too. He has no memory, woke up in a field and went BLIND? That's booze talk but this idiot is blaming it on a drug he was supposedly taking even though hadn't even research it enough to know it was 'legal'. f***ing IDIOT

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A good point Marc. I think it is personal choice, if someone wants to do drugs and they know the risks then crack on, that goes for booze and ciggies too.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
A good point Marc. I think it is personal choice, if someone wants to do drugs and they know the risks then crack on, that goes for booze and ciggies too.

pun intended? :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Surely with anything that is a poison to the body, booze included there is a risk when taking it. Education is what is needed.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Itcan be used to fertilise tomatoes I believe.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Mephedrone not methadrone.

Thanks for clearing that one up, I thought I was going bonkers when I heard it on the radio.

I was was getting confused with Methadone and Mephedrone (and a bit mutton I suspect).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

EXACTLY!
Right I'm sure it's f***ing awful for the families of these kiddies but I can't help but think the best thing would be for them to be left to grieve in private rather than have their stupid reactionary opinions influencing national policy. Apparently they'd never heard of Mephedrone before this happened but they're quite happy to say things like all the kids are doing it in the playgrounds ??? and that because it's legal you wouldn't think it could kill you, failing to recognise that many chemichals are legal that would kill you if you sniffed them. ???

Surprisingly little has been made of the fact they'd taken methadone too, as well as drinking. :shrug:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

EXACTLY!

Um 5 have died
And its albeit one, youngsters. Alcohol abuse normally takes years of abuse to kill someone

Anyway alcohol wouldnt pass legislation if it was discovered now

Meph does need banning tbh. Then you've got the problem of driving it underground, having it cut more with other shite, more work for the police blah blah

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here