Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death from drugs

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Oh and no I dont think tough shit to the people that died, you took the risk

Its that cheap (and legal), and theres so many cheap legal highs on the market no where near as strong/close to other drugs as this, if kids know its legal, they probably toften think its safe and ok

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Right I'm sure it's f***ing awful for the families of these kiddies but I can't help but think the best thing would be for them to be left to grieve in private rather than have their stupid reactionary opinions influencing national policy. Apparently they'd never heard of Mephedrone before this happened but they're quite happy to say things like all the kids are doing it in the playgrounds ??? and that because it's legal you wouldn't think it could kill you, failing to recognise that many chemichals are legal that would kill you if you sniffed them. ???

Surprisingly little has been made of the fact they'd taken methadone too, as well as drinking. :shrug:

Have they carried out reports on them to determine it was definitely methadone too? I would be amazed if they had been taking that. It is more likely that reporters are getting confused. There is another varient of mephedrone called methylone, I wonder if they had been mxing the two. It would be pretty surprising that they took methadone and went out clubbing.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Its that cheap (and legal), and theres so many cheap legal highs on the market no where near as strong/close to other drugs as this, if kids know its legal, they probably too often think its safe and ok

Then we must be breeding a generation of morons.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Um 5 have died
And its albeit one, youngsters. Alcohol abuse normally takes years of abuse to kill someone

if i understand correct, every one of the deaths was takeing mephadrone and drinking - which killed them? or is it the combination? alchohol can kill in one night if you go and do some numpty thing.

...if kids know its legal, they probably toften think its safe and ok

yeah, im sure thats exactly what they think as they buy it from the online plant fertiliser shop. fertilisers are commonly known for their safety and suitablity for human consumption. :rolleyes:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There's no question that this drug should be banned. It's too cheap and easy to get hold of.

You don't have to mix with drug dealers to get it so kids are going nuts for it. Likelihood is that the people dying are taking far too much of it. The high is only very short term so it is very addictive and I can see people really hitting it hard.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There's no question that this drug should be banned. It's too cheap and easy to get hold of.

You don't have to mix with drug dealers to get it so kids are going nuts for it. Likelihood is that the people dying are taking far too much of it. The high is only very short term so it is very more-ish and I can see people really hitting it hard.

Well a few deaths is a small price to pay to advertise its harm.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
keep it legal, make it illegal, people will get hold of it whenever they want. The only thing that dictates whether it will continue to be used is what price it starts selling at when it is made illegal. Meow has been used to cut other drugs for years anyway.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
if i understand correct, every one of the deaths was takeing mephadrone and drinking - which killed them? or is it the combination? alchohol can kill in one night if you go and do some numpty thing.

Well put it this way, I could pretty much guarantee that these people wouldnt have died had they just been drinking. Yeah it can happen. Would they have died from just taking meph? Possibly.

yeah, im sure thats exactly what they think as they buy it from the online plant fertiliser shop. fertilisers are commonly known for their safety and suitablity for human consumption. :rolleyes:

Or their mates who say this is a legal high I got online. Problem is it's legal, so cheap, strong allegedly, morish allegedly. You can buy hundreds of legal highs over the counter in shops (some of which should be banned also, in fact some far tamer than meph have been recently). Seriously kids will think if its legal its ok. Not saying its right. They just will. Or take a chance anyway.

It does need banning. But it wont go away. It'll triple in price and be 80% less pure. And you'll need to go to a dealer to get it

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Have they carried out reports on them to determine it was definitely methadone too? I would be amazed if they had been taking that. It is more likely that reporters are getting confused. There is another varient of mephedrone called methylone, I wonder if they had been mxing the two. It would be pretty surprising that they took methadone and went out clubbing.
I dunno about tests or anything but it has been pretty widely reported, also people were arrested for supply an illegal drug (ie not mephadrone). Maybe they took it as a downer. Or maybe you're right. I dunno.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

I ahev read a ferw places people have been mixing Mephadrone and Methadone, why I dont know cos it sounds extremely dangerous as your heart doesnt know whether to speed up or slow down. and drinking with it as well

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't tend to think 'tough shit' but I do tend to think 'what did you expect?' and have only a little sympathy. I think the same when overeating obese people have heart attackers, heavy smokers get lung cancer, and alcoholics get liver failure.

I also think the same when potholers and sky divers get injured/killed, though have a slight bit more sympathy for them.

With soldiers it's an entire different kettle of fish. They are doing a job, with many viewing it as patriotic duty more than a job, they risk their lives for their country and while I am not surprised by their deaths, I have a whole load of respect for them.

To equate being a soldier to drug taking (legal or not), as someone did in this thread, is offensive.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can putting toxic substances into our bodies ever be anything other than harmful, in the short or long term? Probably not.

I smoke, pretty stupid thing to do. I drink, I enjoy it. Would I put an unidentifiable white powder into my body? No chance.

But when and if my lungs or liver give up I won't be surprised, we all die of something anyway.

But why are people shocked that putting cocaine/baking powder/icing sugar/concrete dust/asbestos/any other unknown dust or chemically created compound up their nose may have side effects? Oh yeah, it's that personal quality that we seem to be running out of in the UK........'personal responsibility'........it's much easier to blame anyone but yourself these days.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well put it this way, I could pretty much guarantee that these people wouldnt have died had they just been drinking. Yeah it can happen. Would they have died from just taking meph? Possibly.

Or their mates who say this is a legal high I got online. Problem is it's legal, so cheap, strong allegedly, morish allegedly. You can buy hundreds of legal highs over the counter in shops (some of which should be banned also, in fact some far tamer than meph have been recently). Seriously kids will think if its legal its ok. Not saying its right. They just will. Or take a chance anyway.

It does need banning. But it wont go away. It'll triple in price and be 80% less pure. And you'll need to go to a dealer to get it

The only reason anyone is taking mephedrone is because you can't get MDMA anymore, or certainly not as easily. People wan't to get wasted, they used to know what they were doing on the drugs they were used to. Now people are taking all kinds of random things without having any idea what it is.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The only reason anyone is taking mephedrone is because you can't get MDMA anymore, or certainly not as easily. People wan't to get wasted, they used to know what they were doing on the drugs they were used to. Now people are taking all kinds of random things without having any idea what it is.

You'd scarcely expect someone called Pantani to take a hard line on drugs :smile:

(wan't is an absolutely brilliant misspelling BTW)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
When you know people who it has happened to you tend to have a less judgemental view.

Umm...quite the opposite, in my experience.

For the record, I think the stuff absolutely rocks. It's a tad more-ish but it's forcing dealers of the illegitimate stuff to up their game.

My body, my choice.

It is stronger than many substances that have been banned so will, when testing has been finished, be immediately made illegal. This will not rid of meow but will make it more expensive and less pure.

To cure the 'problem' there needs to be higher levels of education. From the death cases I have heard people have been mixing meow with other drugs such as ketamine, do they not realise how bloody dangerous that is?

As for the 'moorish' cravings well, they are easily controllable if you have even an ounce of intelligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here