Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death from drugs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well put it this way, I could pretty much guarantee that these people wouldnt have died had they just been drinking. Yeah it can happen. Would they have died from just taking meph? Possibly.

Well put it this way, i could pretty much guarantee that these people wouldnt have died had they just been taking mephadrone. Yeah, it can happen. would they have died just from drinking? possibly.

as you acknowledge, making it illegal will just make the product less pure and potentially more dangerous, so who does that help?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im a smoker, but dont think anybody has died suddenly from smoking grass.
Brought my daughter up advising that if man has been involved in the manufacture of the actual drug, then it will f*** you up.
Cant understand, after years of hearing people dying of heroin overdoses people even go near the stuff, but its illegality is the cause of most of the deaths, due to people cutting with other crap etc, and when they get pure, its too much...
Legalise it all. If people want to kill themselves, they will do it anyway.

Laws here changed in January. Personal use (ie misdemeanor, and not criminal offence) is defined as:

15 grams marijuana or 5 plants.
1.5 gram heroin
1 gram cocaine
2 gram methamphet
4 pills Ecstasy
5 grams hashish
40 pieces - Magic Mushrooms
5 tabs LSD.

Im waiting to see what the stats come out like next year in relation to the changes...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You'd scarcely expect someone called Pantani to take a hard line on drugs :smile:

(wan't is an absolutely brilliant misspelling BTW)

Not sure what happened there? Too many drugs clearly.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Umm...quite the opposite, in my experience.

For the record, I think the stuff absolutely rocks. It's a tad more-ish but it's forcing dealers of the illegitimate stuff to up their game.

My body, my choice.

I hope you have told your friends and family just this, so we dont have them bleating on the news about why did you have to die and why it was everyones fault except yours.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Why? Why dont you think 'what did you expect if you joined the army tough shit'? Why dont you think 'what did you expect youre old tough shit'?

If someone is killed defending me from potential terrorism, then that is deserving of all our sympathy.

If a fun seeking, low IQ, drug taker happens to keel over, then that is tough shit.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If someone is killed defending me from potential terrorism, then that is deserving of all our sympathy.

If a fun seeking, low IQ, drug taker happens to keel over, then that is tough shit.

This.:thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No one (low IQ or not) is asking for your sympathy.

Well thats fortunate, but tell that to the parents that were on the national news recently.

How refreshing it would have been for them to say "my lad was searching for a high but he died. Thats the way he would have wanted it. We are so proud of him."

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Well thats fortunate, but tell that to the parents that were on the national news recently.

How refreshing it would have been for them to say "my lad was searching for a high but he died. Thats the way he would have wanted it. We are so proud of him."

They are trying to get the stuff made illegal so that other people dont lose their children. Is that so bad?

When there was a campaign to get it made illegal to not wear a seat belt, were the people whos relatives or whatever had been thrown through a windscreen looking for sympathy or trying to make people safer.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
They are trying to get the stuff made illegal so that other people dont lose their children. Is that so bad?

When there was a campaign to get it made illegal to not wear a seat belt, were the people whos relatives or whatever had been thrown through a windscreen looking for sympathy or trying to make people safer.

Quite, if one life is saved from the awareness then it was worth it.

I fecking hate it now my boys are growing up. I know for a fact one of them is easily led and wouldn't want to look out of place with the other guys, he's not stupid just immature. All we can do is highlights these types of situations and keep talking about it.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Quite, if one life is saved from the awareness then it was worth it.

I fecking hate it now my boys are growing up. I know for a fact one of them is easily led and wouldn't want to look out of place with the other guys, he's not stupid just immature. All we can do is highlights these types of situations and keep talking about it.

Yeah. Im not saying that making it illegal will stop people taking it as obviously as weve seen with other drugs, it doesnt, but if people are taking this thinking that its totally safe because you buy it on the internet then they may think twice when its criminalised.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Maybe people should ask themselfes why kids are taking drugs in the first place. :rolleyes:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Then we must be breeding a generation of morons.

Well, I think, that assuming all kids either: go to school, use social network sites, hear or read the news, or have heard about these deaths through friends/family, then there is NO EXCUSE. If they take it, they now know the risk, they KNOW it might kill them. They might be dopey, but they are not moronic enough to have not heard about this.

If they continue to take it, if they have that little regard for their own life, and indeed for the lives of their famileis who would be affected by their death, then frankly, that tells you enough about their level of intelligence, the world probably isn't going to miss them.

And let's not forget, if you are of the mind to inhale plant FERTILIZER, FFS, think about it, how can that ever be anything but risky? It's designed to nourish plants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here