Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death from drugs

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Maybe people should ask themselfes why kids are taking drugs in the first place. :rolleyes:

Why would that be? :shrug:

Drugs were about in my day (1980's) but I didn't know anybody that took them. Looking back we had far less to entertain us than the yoof of today, so we should have been more bored and likely to need something.

Thank god for Blue Peter and John Craven or I would have been in trouble.

Peer pressure I reckon would be a major factor

rool

Jul 10, 2003
And let's not forget, if you are of the mind to inhale plant FERTILIZER, .

In the early 80's I had a part time job as a petrol pump attendant at Frosts in Shoreham.

One cold winters night petrol overflowed from this car over my gloves so I put them over a heater to dry out. I had often seem my mum lightly sniff clothes that had been drying to check if they were still damp so I thought I'd do the same with these gloves but instead of a light sniff I inhaled deeply, it nearly blew the top of my head off and I almost collapsed instantly :laugh:.

I have never been tempted to inhale anything since then.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Because theyve got a low IQ apparently. Oh and they want to die to get sympathy for their parents.

Or maybe it is a me me me culture. 'I'm gonna gonna have a good time even though my parents/teachers explained the dangers of drugs to me, oh, and someone else can pick up the pieces'.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry but this holier than thou attitude is shit. People take highs. They always have done. If you drink then you take it too.

Don't give me any bollocks about low IQs. Samuel Taylor Coleridge too it, John Lennon took it, Will Self takes it, Lenny Bruce took it, Wiiliam S Burroughs took it. I don't judge you if you do or don't but please just stop it with this "thick people" crap.

If it's not for you then fair enough, but please stop lecturing those that do.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sorry but this holier than thou attitude is shit. People take highs. They always have done. If you drink then you take it too.

Don't give me any bollocks about low IQs. Samuel Taylor Coleridge too it, John Lennon took it, Will Self takes it, Lenny Bruce took it, Wiiliam S Burroughs took it. I don't judge you if you do or don't but please just stop it with this "thick people" crap.

They'll stone you when you're trying to be so good

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In the early 80's I had a part time job as a petrol pump attendant at Frosts in Shoreham.

One cold winters night petrol overflowed from this car over my gloves so I put them over a heater to dry out. I had often seem my mum lightly sniff clothes that had been drying to check if they were still damp so I thought I'd do the same with these gloves but instead of a light sniff I inhaled deeply, it nearly blew the top of my head off and I almost collapsed instantly :laugh:.

I have never been tempted to inhale anything since then.

blimey, sounds good gear ? was it 4 star or had it been cut and become 2 star

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I think that is fair enough, your points are all spot on. If you're using weed, coke, opiates, amphetamines, things that have been used by humans historically for hundreds of years, or things that have been concocted for human consumption, (it wasn't that long ago that you could buy Herion in chemists) then go for it.

But what on earth makes someone want to risk sniffing fertilizer? What next, rat poison highs? I can't quite see the likes of Coleridge and Burroghs trying a hit on Shake 'n' Vac

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm surprised no political party's promised to disinvent all these terrible substances. Middle England would be creaming their knickers at the opportunity to get down the Polling Station. :thumbsup:

ps The 'plant fertiliser' is a complete misnomer btw. The manufacturers of non-illigal substances just use the term to get round the legislation applying to medicines.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
ps The 'plant fertiliser' is a complete misnomer btw. The manufacturers of non-illigal substances just use the term to get round the legislation applying to medicines.

Makes the point about ignorance and stupidity even more poignant. So someone will snort a product that has been developed in such a way that the makers use the "not suitable for human consumption" excuse and markets it as fertilizer?

I really don't think the gene pool has been drained too much if people who lose their lives after thinking that using Mephedrone would be a great idea.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

What he said.

The idea that drugs are only taken by dumb people is, well, just dumb

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He went temporarily BLIND after taking it at a party in South Shields, Tyne and Wear. He said: "I woke up in a field but I don't know how I got there. I was amazed to learn this drug's legal. It needs banning."

They've probably made that up. It's open season on mephedrone at the moment so the media can pretty much make up any bullshit they like.

On the news a couple of nights ago they showed some CCTV of a cell in the nick where they had some pissed up twat kicking the door, throwing his matress around and rolling around on the floor.

This was supposed to be evidence of paranoid behaviour caused by the drug, which is interesting because every time I've done it I just ended up buzzing and talking shit to people. :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What he said.

The idea that drugs are only taken by dumb people is, well, just dumb

What he said

and well said to the quote before what he said well said to.

I think.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There's no question that this drug should be banned. It's too cheap and easy to get hold of.

You don't have to mix with drug dealers to get it so kids are going nuts for it. Likelihood is that the people dying are taking far too much of it. The high is only very short term so it is very addictive and I can see people really hitting it hard.

Exactamundo. Can't add any more to that.

People are obviously going silly on the stuff because they have no experience with other illegal drugs and think they can just keep taking it like you do with alcohol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here