Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadline day bids for Ulloa, Bridcutt, Barnes and KLL from Palace

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do they put something mind altering in the water around Croydon to generate such a passive crowd? Are you incapable of original thought?

They have their own special beer at Selhurst called 'Palace Ale'.

I wonder...

:lolol:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Quite an amusing fellow is our Mr 5-0....

Of Jedinak...(The Flying Elbow)...'An absolute beast of a man'....mmmm!... seems to sum it up nicely,pity he is not such a great footballer.

Bentdner was No 1 but Arsenal wouldn't let him leave till they had signed 3 players...(yeah right)...AJ was the back up option that nearly happened but not quite...just be honest...they didn't fancy playing in a shithole stadium...they were both hoping for a bigger club to come in.

Having their top players WANTING to leave for their nearest rivals....I assume you are talking about Ulloa,Bridcutt and KLL...can you supply one bit of evidence that they WANTED to leave for Palace....when they do go it will be to a big club....not a rundown outfit who in desperation are buying anything they can get to keep Wurzel in his job ..

'Like Michu ,who was unheard of till Swansea bought him for £2m and now is worth 5x that'...10M eh!...now let me see 'what other unheard player was bought for £2m is knocking in goals...and Palace want him on the cheap at £4m...funny ...when your buying a player is only worth a small sum...but once you bought him he is a player in the top 10 and worth zillions....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
According to the Mirror's deputy sports editor (and Palace fan) Ed Malyon

[tweet]375309030165463040[/tweet]

Could it add a new context to KLL's "So annoying" tweet from deadline day if they bid low and it was rejected?
I don't think it would have mattered if the bid(s) were low, the club was not in a position to sell anyone, so they didn't.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This ' scattergun ' approach by Palace is not as bizarre as it looks. In fact others have done it before. In particular, Norwich, Swansea, Reading and QPR. It is not investing for the Premier League, it is investing for life back down in the Championship.
It is buying good solid players that won't let you down but won't pull up trees in the PL.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
, we are not the club shitting on dressing room floors, sacking their manager on live TV, signing journeyman like Keith Andrews.

I wouldn't be so quick to say the bit about the dressing room floor if I were you.....

As for sacking the manager on tv. Well he was informed while working on live tv and it certainly isn't a high spot in the history of our club. But it beats giving in to Lombardo

Finally re Keith Andrews.... I think he and ward will surprise a few people this year. He may be a journeyman as you say, but so is Phillips and even per se Glenn Murray. But at least he is an international and knows the level we are playing at

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
So, the dna of the palace fan is to bury his head in the sand and deny the absolute obvious whilst trawling through other clubs forums in the hope of finding some snippet to support your warped view. Strange.

Some clowns on twitter are citing Holloway as the best manager in the league and stating #inHollowaywetrust - now I understand that a good proportion of your support has only turned up since May 2013 but even so, that is pretty damn funny!

Do they put something mind altering in the water around Croydon to generate such a passive crowd? Are you incapable of original thought?

You will all be slagging off Holloway after he is sacked by Xmas and citing the desparate transfer policy as a reason for your downfall. Absolute nailed.on cert.

By the way, my reference to disasters was related to repeat administrations. Funny that you don't see this as a problem. Perhaps that is the problem? Same applies for your delusional view that any Brighton player actually desires a move to Palace - why do you think they would be different to the majority of players that you have approached?

As for Keith Andrews, it is the result of a planned and well constructed transfer approach. He was a target for a long time - we missed out previously due to badly run clubs offering too much but now have him on board and he has fitted in really well. A journeyman player he is certainly not. It is about the fit at a particular club rather than what a player has done elsewhere. Jedinak's an example, his physical ability (strength) is the fit for you; his lack of football technique would mean he would be poor for us.

As for a bet? Pointless betting with fools who will re-write history and find any excuse for not paying up.

Good luck with the meds.

In regards to Holloway: the vast majority of football fans at all clubs are very fickle. Do you honestly think that your fans wouldn't have been the same if you had gone from a 9 game winless run to a 7 game unbeaten run that included beating your biggest rivals on their own patch and getting promotion to the promised land at New Wembley?*In fact, there was a fair amount of sections of your support on this very site calling for Gus's head at times last season, even though he's your most successful manager in many a year.*

Keep harping on about our past admins if it makes you feel better but the fact is under CPFC 2010 we built up a team on a low budget, it convincingly beat you fair and square and and it cost less than what Ulloa on his own cost you. The fact you are losing £8 million a year suggests to me you are not living within your means. Pot, kettle, black...

Your last point about Andrews/Jedinak is one of the most deluded things I've ever read on here and that takes some doing! You slag Jedi off then go on to rate Andrews. LMFAO. Andrews is a journeyman, look at his past career. He is a mid-table Championship player at best which luckily is a perfect fit for you. Even SoG or The Major would admit that Jedinak is by far the better player and they are the 2 most biased posters on here!*You've already admitted to me that you have hardly seen anything of Jedinak so why say he has a lack of football technique? Do you honestly think if you say something enough times it becomes fact?*

I guess it's just a coping mechanism you have in place, your still hurting from last season and are now trying to convince yourself that Palace are a horrible long ball team full of cloggers with no skill and will be going down with 6 points on the board. You're going to be in for a harsh reality when that doesn't happen I'm afraid!*

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In regards to Holloway: the vast majority of football fans at all clubs are very fickle. Do you honestly think that your fans wouldn't have been the same if you had gone from a 9 game winless run to a 7 game unbeaten run that included beating your biggest rivals on their own patch and getting promotion to the promised land at New Wembley?*In fact, there was a fair amount of sections of your support on this very site calling for Gus's head at times last season, even though he's your most successful manager in many a year.*

Keep harping on about our past admins if it makes you feel better but the fact is under CPFC 2010 we built up a team on a low budget, it convincingly beat you fair and square and and it cost less than what Ulloa on his own cost you. The fact you are losing £8 million a year suggests to me you are not living within your means. Pot, kettle, black...

Your last point about Andrews/Jedinak is one of the most deluded things I've ever read on here and that takes some doing! You slag Jedi off then go on to rate Andrews. LMFAO. Andrews is a journeyman, look at his past career. He is a mid-table Championship player at best which luckily is a perfect fit for you. Even SoG or The Major would admit that Jedinak is by far the better player and they are the 2 most biased posters on here!*You've already admitted to me that you have hardly seen anything of Jedinak so why say he has a lack of football technique? Do you honestly think if you say something enough times it becomes fact?*

I guess it's just a coping mechanism you have in place, your still hurting from last season and are now trying to convince yourself that Palace are a horrible long ball team full of cloggers with no skill and will be going down with 6 points on the board. You're going to be in for a harsh reality when that doesn't happen I'm afraid!*

Comparing how one player plays at one club is nothing like comparing how he does at another. Football history is littered with such examples.

No-one though Glenn Murray would get 30 goals last season; many people had written Wayne Bridge off; Tomas Brolin was a good player once, and so on.

No-one is doubting Jedinak's worth, but comparing how he's doing at Palace, with how you've convinced yourself Andrews will do at Brighton (who play a style fairly alien to Bolton) has little value.

As for coping, many of us were over it by the weekend - only the Palace obsessives keep harping on about it. Meanwhile, I find it an insult to my being to spend time worrying or being envious of Crystal Palace. Which leads me to another point - what are you doing on a Brighton messageboard? Isn't that a little... suspect?

As for the barb about not living within our means, you do understand it costs money to kit out a state-of-the-art stadium with many mod cons don't you? No, really - it does. Being in the Premiership, and money little object, that's something CPFC2010 could instigate, rather than forcing people to turn up turning up week in, week out at a bloody dangerous three cow sheds surrounding a boggy field set-up?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Good grief, you are obsessed! Get.a.life

Why aren't you on a Man Utd forum telling them how good your players are?? I'm sure they'd like to know which of their players your thug Jedinak is better than.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Comparing how one player plays at one club is nothing like comparing how he does at another. Football history is littered with such examples.

No-one though Glenn Murray would get 30 goals last season; many people had written Wayne Bridge off; Tomas Brolin was a good player once, and so on.

No-one is doubting Jedinak's worth, but comparing how he's doing at Palace, with how you've convinced yourself Andrews will do at Brighton (who play a style fairly alien to Bolton) has little value.

As for coping, many of us were over it by the weekend - only the Palace obsessives keep harping on about it. Meanwhile, I find it an insult to my being to spend time worrying or being envious of Crystal Palace. Which leads me to another point - what are you doing on a Brighton messageboard? Isn't that a little... suspect?

To be fair, there are more Palace threads started on here than our own BBS and the vast majority are started by Albion fans. Don't blame a few of us wanting to write back when so much crap is written about us.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
To be fair, there are more Palace threads started on here than our own BBS and the vast majority are started by Albion fans. Don't blame a few of us wanting to write back when so much crap is written about us.

No there's not and why does it matter who starts the threads? You still end up here spouting the same tired crap, you love it and can't wait for the next thread it seems. BBS is just as bad I'm told, I wouldn't know since I'VE NEVER VISITED IT, why would I? That would just be sad.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

The problem is, most is not crap, it is hard right to the point common sense opinions. You are the ones that make it in too crap.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Your last point about Andrews/Jedinak is one of the most deluded things I've ever read on here and that takes some doing! *

If you weren't on our site you wouldn't have read it and landing up having verbal tennis matches on who is the most delusional. You could always communicate with your own supporters on your club's supporters board and observe from a distance how delusional we all are rather than mocking and patronising brighton supporters on a brighton forum.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Palace fans visit NSC because it is in the main a more entertaining read, so we take it as a compliment.

Palace fans who discuss and debate are welcome here, this is not North Korea. We don't discriminate against people on their religion, colour or sexuality, the same applies for their football club.

WUM's and trolls can however feck off. One was banned last night and most bannings fall into that category.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Think you should have a better look at BBS. As the Nazi's that run that site put us in the away end, thats the only barometer available. So as of now (ignoring stickys) from the top 15 threads 8 have the word Brighton or NSC in the title, only 1 of which i would suggest is started by one of our fans. On NSC only 1 thread is about palace in the top 15.

Remind me who is obsessed?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Never had much patience in trying to communicate with idiots but I thought I'd give you a go. One day I'll find a non-delusional Palace fan though. It will happen.

Looking forward to the ranting at Holloways transfer failures in a few weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here