Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadline day bids for Ulloa, Bridcutt, Barnes and KLL from Palace

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Camana Chamackh Gayle and Puncheon would stroll into most Championship sides including ours.

Chamackh scored his first goal in about 3 years, Gayle scored once in the premier league and never played above league 1 before.... that's crazy

No idea who camana is, Puncheon is the only player with a decent record in that entire list

They have one player who'd walk into every championship club (bar QPR), and he's not walking anywhere for the time being (ba dum tss)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Chamakh has four goals in 3 years so doubt it.

Campana has pace of a snail.

Puncheon is hit or miss much like Buckley or Lua Lua.

Yes a limited return but playing for a team where he was second fiddle to RVP or injured, would still be an incredible signing for a championship team.

Campana is the Spanish u20 Captain.

Puncheon is a proven premier league quality winger.

To say they wouldn't walk into our side is just deluded, sorry.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sounds like petty revenge for Poogate to me. Make 4 average bids knowing they probably won't be successful. This though serves well to opening up an unsettling process for those 4 players and makes January even more nerve wracking in my eyes. It would matter not if the Caravaners bid again or not.

Chances are that going to Palace in January won't be a very attractive prospect to a player with Premier League aspirations.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Yes a limited return but playing for a team where he was second fiddle to RVP or injured, would still be an incredible signing for a championship team.

Campana is the Spanish u20 Captain.

Puncheon is a proven premier league quality winger.

To say they wouldn't walk into our side is just deluded, sorry.

Walk into our squad yes, into our starting 11, I'm not so sure.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Do we need another thread on who has the best players? Been a nice nigel free day this thread will just attract them back.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Occasional poster here diskodoctor actually bumped into Steve Parish in Soho yesterday and asked him about the bids. From the horses mouth was £2m for Bridcutt (which is also what they paid for the Forest lad) and £4m plus add ons for Ulloa. Nothing on bids for the others.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Chances are that going to Palace in January won't be a very attractive prospect to a player with Premier League aspirations.

Maybe so, but agents and hungry players mean it would not need to be Palace they offer themselves to for their services

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Sounds like petty revenge for Poogate to me. Make 4 average bids knowing they probably won't be successful. This though serves well to opening up an unsettling process for those 4 players and makes January even more nerve wracking in my eyes. It would matter not if the Caravaners bid again or not.

Surely a bid only unsettles a player if they want a move to that club?

Palace don't really seem like the sort of club to place 'unsettling' bids :lolol:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Calling us petty for revengeful bids after the 'poogate' incident? Not only is that a baseless opinion, it sounds like you're trying to make sense of the disgusting nature of one of your so called officials behaviour.

We made bids, they were rejected and that's it, do you think Reading hold a grudge against Palace after we bought 2 of their best players? Doubtful

Some of the comments on this thread are incredibly wide of the mark.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Arsenal were willing to pay Bendtner £3m just to fook off, and he still wouldn't go to Palace :lolol:

I heard that Bendtner turned up at Selhurst park with his agent and refused to get out the car, he sent his agent in to tell them nah, he must have thought I will sit in the reserves rather than play here.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Calling us petty for revengeful bids after the 'poogate' incident? Not only is that a baseless opinion, it sounds like you're trying to make sense of the disgusting nature of one of your so called officials behaviour.

We made bids, they were rejected and that's it, do you think Reading hold a grudge against Palace after we bought 2 of their best players? Doubtful

Poohgate. Are you going to post some facts and evidence?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You paid good money for players they didn't want, and were not using. I'm sure they are happy enough.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Surely a bid only unsettles a player if they want a move to that club?

Palace don't really seem like the sort of club to place 'unsettling' bids :lolol:

I don't think that is the case. If a player thinks a team in a Division above wants him, he will probably want to set his ambitions a little stronger

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
You paid good money for players they didn't want, and were not using. I'm sure they are happy enough.

One was injured and scored 1 in 3 at Prem level last season, the other the fans say was their best defender last season but has a disagreement with Adkins, like many on here actually!

Relieved we didn't get Barnes or KLL, the latter especially as he seems a bit of a loose cannon.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What a bizare club - I wonder whether Holloway is suffering from some sort of breakdown. Paying 800k + for Dobbie is very odd, then sending him straight out on loan is odder. I then hear he signed Lorein Marange from Bordeaux on 16th Aug on a years contract and then omits him from the 25 man squad!

Absolute lunacy!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
What a bizare club - I wonder whether Holloway is suffering from some sort of breakdown. Paying 800k + for Dobbie is very odd, then sending him straight out on loan is odder. I then hear he signed Lorein Marange from Bordeaux on 16th Aug on a years contract and then omits him from the 25 man squad!

Absolute lunacy!

I'm inclined to agree with you about Marange, clearly a panic signing but fitting 25 players into a squad is something Championship clubs don't have to worry about and until recently, we were one.

The Dobbie transfer was set in stone from when we loaned him, I feel for the bloke though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I heard that Bendtner turned up at Selhurst park with his agent and refused to get out the car, he sent his agent in to tell them nah, he must have thought I will sit in the reserves rather than play here.
Nah:-
they pulled up,
SSN got very excited,
Nicky B got out and walked in,
SSN ramped it up still further,
10 mins later Nicky B returns to the car and they leave as fast as humanly possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here